Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

Four Lads Had A Dream interview with James Bisgrove on Ibrox Development

https://fourladshadadream.blog/2023/01/20/interview-james-bisgrove-on-Ibrox-development/

Very impressed reading that I've got to say but whether or not they'll look as good as they sound we'll just need to wait and see!

Still many basic things needing sorted such as doing up concourses inside Ibrox, improving stadium surrounds by monoblocking instead of the crumbling tarmac we have just now, build a proper ticket office instead of having a portacabin for a start.
Problem might be with monoblocking is the ground is so uneven around stadium footprint.
Unless it’s done really well, monoblock ends up an uneven mess. The club would be better getting the tarmac lifted and relaid properly. It would be costly but the maintenance would be much less.
As an alternative, a resin bound or bonded surface with massive club crests would look amazing but would be mentally expensive!

like others , I'm not a fan of these type of banners, they pretty quickly start to look dirty and frayed, and has been alluded to above it just seems a cheap fix to cover up areas, thankfully it's relatively small areas at Ibrox, the piggery just looks ridiculous with the tat they have up at their place

If I remember correctly they added similar banners/graphics in hallways inside the stadium a few years ago

They look shit and likely a way to cover up areas that haven't been taken care of

like others , I'm not a fan of these type of banners, they pretty quickly start to look dirty and frayed, and has been alluded to above it just seems a cheap fix to cover up areas, thankfully it's relatively small areas at Ibrox, the piggery just looks ridiculous with the tat they have up at their place
Ones above the current shop are filthy. Hope they’re attended to when The shop is

The yellow cladding is being replaced when the underside cladding is being completed to the govan and broomloan which is half done. The white concrete was power washed last year but needs grit blasted to clean or just paint the dam thing , bloody eyesore

Many people want to have rather more to do than wander round Ibrox killing time until kick off. Off course it takes money a lot off it and things have to be prioritised but the area the club owns is a joke. The slabs round the stadium at the Sandy Jardine stand are cracked and uneven in places. The horrific cabins (see #761) areas of tarmac that need replaced but fundamentally nothing to do.
Saw the fan area around the Manchester City stadium and that’s what we need but obviously they are on a different level but can they not work towards that?

New 'This Is Ibrox' banners going up to replace the old ones.

FB-IMG-1674767790225.jpg

Honestly, my only real issue with this is we sold the wrong half of the car park. We should have retained the land closer to the stadium as it easier to develop the land for.our benefit and anything we did develop on it would be far more homogeneous with Ibrox in general and our footprint the area.

A hotel owned by club would have been the way to go for that particular plot of land.

Honestly, my only real issue with this is we sold the wrong half of the car park. We should have retained the land closer to the stadium as it easier to develop the land for.our benefit and anything we did develop on it would be far more homogeneous with Ibrox in general and our footprint the area.

A hotel owned by club would have been the way to go for that particular plot of land.
I have a major issue with us selling any of the land we own around Ibrox. Exceptionally short sighted.

On your point though, I totally agree and it was one of my first reactions too - “why are we selling that half??” - if you’re going to sell a half, surely sell the half further away from Ibrox?!?

The whole thing doesn’t make sense!! My only hope is this part of a bigger picture that we don’t know about yet and there is an agreement that we will get to buy the Ibrox complex… that is the only way that selling off half the Albion becomes understandable and remotely acceptable.

I have a major issue with us selling any of the land we own around Ibrox. Exceptionally short sighted.

On your point though, I totally agree and it was one of my first reactions too - “why are we selling that half??” - if you’re going to sell a half, surely sell the half further away from Ibrox?!?

The whole thing doesn’t make sense!! My only hope is this part of a bigger picture that we don’t know about yet and there is an agreement that we will get to buy the Ibrox complex… that is the only way that selling off half the Albion becomes understandable and remotely acceptable.
Purely conjecture, but possibly the proximity to the existing subway rail tracks meant it had to have a minimum separation, or maybe moving it further over would compromise any future train station possibility?

Purely conjecture, but possibly the proximity to the existing subway rail tracks meant it had to have a minimum separation, or maybe moving it further over would compromise any future train station possibility?
Yeah perhaps a possible explanation. Would be nice if the board explained this decision and the details to the fans (most of whom are shareholders as well).

Yes I have to agree, surely it would be far more beneficial to Rangers to have built the flats on the far away side of the car park and not the closest side? Talk about hemming Ibrox Stadium in more and more with flats. The only way it would make any sense would be if they re-opened the old Ibrox train station.

Also why build flats, why not open something that actually generates Rangers money in the long run?

@lg1991 @Siberia1
@Forfar_Bear

Last edited:
Yes I have to agree, surely it would be far more beneficial to Rangers to have built the flats on the far away side of the car park and not the closest side? Talk about hemming Ibrox Stadium in more and more with flats. The only way it would make any sense would be if they re-opened the old Ibrox train station.

Also why build flats, why not open something that actually generates Rangers money in the long run?

@lg1991 @Siberia1
@Forfar_Bear
Well we've just opened NEH, and will be re-purposing the club shop into a bar, so the sale of land will help fund that which should be an ongoing revenue generator.

@lg1991 @Siberia1
@Forfar_Bear
Agreed!

There's plenty of room on the existing stadium footprint for development.
The Broomloan and Copland could easily have exra tiers added and the area where the current ticket office is can be developed right down to Broomloan Road.

The meetings with the architects are ongoing. Once those affected have been confirmed, the club will get in contact

Any idea of when some information on the new Sportsbar will be released? Might have been at the AGM Bisgrove mention work would start in the summer?

Back