Dave King press conference this Monday

My first reaction is to panic and think that 6m is the full transfer budget.

We’ll have player sales, STs and merch too and I cannot help think that SG has cast iron assurances of funding otherwise he would be absolutely destroying his managerial career coming to us relying on English championship freebies and your Senderoses, Barton’s etc...

Of course. When it boils down to ot though, folk are shouting at other folk to spend their own money.

Fact is, 6 million is probably a low estimate and it could be more, add to that King has already pledged 7 million in the last accounts and 4 million, at least from retail.

All of this wasn't available last season and we still spent the guts of 10 million.

Gerrard will have plenty to work with.

The dummy spitting is really pathetic.
Pretty much this .

Gerrard will have a decent budget , he will already know this , of course.

Buzzing, Their wage bill alone is £50m and you're happy that we've maybe £3om to run the whole club, pay all our player and staff wages, all our bills, all the stadium maintenace, pay back the £3m emergancy OD and improve the entire squad? Buzzing.

First of all, Celtic overspend. I don't want to back to those days. A team jam packed with players on high wages doesn't guarentee success (how did celtic do in europe over the last few years)?

Secondly what do you want? Apart from a billionaire with brain damage who will pump money into a company with very little scope for return?

If we do get any extra funding, the board will not be rushing to tell us what our transfer budget is. If we know, then so do the selling teams, who will then increase the value of players to generate more income ar our expense.

This is the fundimental problem of living in a social media informed world. We demand to know everything even if it is to our own detriment.

For goodness sake, in what way has it "left us open to ridicule"?

I wonder how people survive in their day-to-day lives given how fragile they are over footballing matters.

Exactly, how do they get through the day when they're apparently easily embarrassed, feeling open to ridicule and prone to cringing - all on a regular basis.
Weak - and one of the main reasons this country is fucked.

The usual FF? something hyped up for days,then the truth comes out and its a major disaster! Me I.ll wait and see what the close season brings? Im happy enough with how we,re dealing with things off the park, wait and see what the new manager does on it?

6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Clueless why Gerrard would come for that, be lucky to get 2 decent players for that cash.

Excitement raised and you can always seem to rely on Dave King to talk and burst that bubble.

I sincerely hope someone buys him out.

ST money has to pay the wages.... we are losing about £6m a year.... even with better spnsorship and shirt sales, we still wont break even.... will the 3bears pony up more loans?

Have you read the full comments from the presser?

King said: "We haven't decided, but at the moment I am thinking about £6m new cash in the balance converted to loans."

Coukd it be that King will use the balance in this new UK account after the offer to shareholders to spend on players obviously in a soft loan form. The money is there it's available it's not now interfering with his trusts or investments.

Where’s all the ITK’s that were blabbing about big money external investment from America because of Alistair Johnston etc now then?

Embarrassing
All shown to be rubbish they heard or got a text about. It’s pathetic and the admins should be stamping down on those threads

King made it clear, he is not going to state what the budget will be for Gerrard to spend until he has assessed how many players he wants in and that for me is a wise decision. No one knows how much will be made available to him, but what I will say is, if Gerrard was given the same budget Pedro had, I guarantee you he'd do a much better job with it than Pedro had given his contacts.

Bit of an anti climax if im being honest. Id like to think Gerrard would be given assurances on a budget but then again do managers actually see budgets and stuff at interview or are we just playing football manager? Dunno if Ive got a bad feeling about next season or its still the malingering slow death feeling of this car crash of a season? Hope for the best, prepare for the worst I suppose.

I'm not overly disappointed, £10 million is likely more realistic in transfer spending and to be honest, that isn't bad. The brutal truth is, Pedro Caixinha spent £10 million on players and he wasted a good £5 million of that money on 2 players who did not live up to it, think about that.

Someone as big as Steven Gerrard with £10 million is significant, we're already getting Scott Arfield and hopefully bringing in McGregor on free transfer, is that such a bad thing? That's significant signings right off the bat.

I stated before and I will state this again; Rangers prior to the 5-0 loss against Celtic were 4 goals in front of them, had scored more goals than Celtic at that time, that's not a negative, that's a positive. Where Rangers badly need sorting out is in defence. There were plentiful opportunities for Rangers to catch Celtic but didn't due to throwing away countless points, namely drawing home against Kilmarnock, losing at home against Hamilton and St. Johnstone, losing away to Dundee and Kilmarnock and losing at home against Kilmarnock.

The truth is, if Steven Gerrard can sort our defence out and make us a much harder team to beat, we're more than capable of challenging as we know our team are capable of scoring goals.

I don't think things are as bad as people make it out to be and prior to the 3-2 defeat, the team showed potential, it's namely defence where it's suspect. I'm confident with a better defence and Allan McGregor in goals we would be able to compete and pick up the necessary points we didn't this season.

Hope this lifts your confidence, if it doesn't? Well, I don't know what to say...

Some good points, but you are wrong about the squad. This squad needs major surgery. It needs de-Warburtoned

6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Clueless why Gerrard would come for that, be lucky to get 2 decent players for that cash.

Excitement raised and you can always seem to rely on Dave King to talk and burst that bubble.

Are you mad?

No offence to you directly but jesus wept this place is mental today

He said 6m would be raised through a share issue. Pedro never had a share issue!!!!!!!!!!!

Some good points, but you are wrong about the squad. This squad needs major surgery. It needs de-Warburtoned

I respect your opinion mate and can understand why you feel that way. I'm looking at things from a realist perspective of what we have just now, but yes, we definitely need to improve a good number of areas, but for me, the priority should be right in the heart of defence and midfield, the spine of the team. It's quite sad saying that given this should've been the priority start of this season, but Pedro failed to deliver that.

6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Don’t we just love the pint half empty BRIGADE

I think some folk on here have gotten carried away with all these rumours of huge investments and have been undone by their own expectations.

Gerrard would not have come if he wasn't going to get the backing he felt that he would need to get this team competing again. It's about smart recruitment and building a team to challenge the scum. If we can get £7/8 million for Morelos in the summer and add that to last years budget you are already looking at £18m. Last years money was wasted on utter dross like Pena and Herrera.

If you look across the city at bheast fc their best players are an Australian who they bought for pennies, a couple of players who came through their youth system, a player they bought from the spoon burners and a player brought in from Fulham.

Its not about the cash, its about how we spend it.

I respect your opinion mate and can understand why you feel that way. I'm looking at things from a realist perspective of what we have just now, but yes, we definitely need to improve a good number of areas, but for me, the priority should be right in the heart of defence and midfield, the spine of the team. It's quite sad saying that given this should've been the priority start of this season, but Pedro failed to deliver that.
Don’t get me wrong I’m not say they all need to go (unrealistic), but there’s no area in f the squad that doesn’t need work. I would ensure all Warburton’s remnants were sold.

6M is 6 million and not to be sneezed at. When added to other sources of revenue it amounts to 15-20M for Gerrards budget.

Gerrard cannot solve all on field problems in one window.

The media are all reporting this segment of the briefing:

Asked how much fresh cash will be made available as a result, King said: "We haven't decided, but at the moment I am thinking about £6m new cash in the balance converted to loans."

Did not one of them have the sense to ask King to expand on this or explain exactly what it means? At the very least I would describe it as 'open to interpretation'.

Maybe our esteemed media hacks are smarter than I thought and it was all perfectly clear to them.

It's still CHOOO!!! CHOOO!!! time.. Come on Lads let's keep up the buzz!!! All is good and well still. Stevie G is no fool and knows his spending power already.

Let's speculate in the absence of other information... The club has a set amount of shares to issue, and the price will depend on a perception of what people will pay, since there is no open market at the moment.

Someone posted at the weekend a certain amount of shares could be issued; I can't remember the right number but let's say it's 108 million (as per one of the AGM resolutions) - at 25p per share that's £27 million, give or take. Removing the director loans from that, including any added this season, would 'raise' somewhere in the region of 6 million for the club.

I think the missing word is "net" in terms of raising money, that's the important bit.

Again, that makes sense.

No wonder Tims can so easily manipulate some of our support with this stuff. Jesus Christ...

Why?

We have employed a big name coach as our team is fucking hopeless.
We’ve spent 11 million on players under Warburton and Pedro.

I like many others thought with Gerrard coming in it would be on the back of proper investment needed to catch Celtic.
There is nothing here to suggest we have anything new to get us anywhere near the scum.

So excuse me for not getting excited and towing the party line. On the park his chairmanship has been awful and it needs to stop.

3_C784_CD4-2825-4_A18-_B78_B-52_E10_BE40509.gif

Why?

I like many others thought with Gerrard coming in it would be on the back of proper investment needed to catch Celtic.
There is nothing here to suggest we have anything new to get us anywhere near the scum.

So excuse me for not getting excited and towing the party line. On the park his chairmanship has been awful and it needs to stop.
Are close brothers still to be paid 3 million?

He would be an idiot to announce our budget publicly. Do you know any football club that announces 'we will have £Xm to spend this summer'?

Looking at last year's financial statement, we brought in £21m in gate receipts and hospitality. I'd expect a small chunk of that to be used for buying players. A vast majority of that will be used for player wages and club upkeep etc. The £6m from the share issue, plus £3.4m from the Hummel deal, plus some of the season ticket money (maybe £3/4m max), plus any extra generated from commercial revenue (maybe £3/4m extra, just a guess), plus board investment is likely to be the transfer budget. That already totals to over £15m, so really not worrying.

The new commercial revenue is vital to our increased income stream.

Why?

Take a step back from the keyboard and ask yourself if Steven Gerrard has agreed to come to Scotland for a transfer kitty of £6 million.

Then fuckin relax a bit.

Don’t get me wrong I’m not say they all need to go (unrealistic), but there’s no area in f the squad that doesn’t need work. I would ensure all Warburton’s remnants were sold.

True. I do believe, however, that if we sort that defence out and get McGregor in, Celtic are there for the taking. Take a look at the games such as against Hibs at Ibrox or the other games, we should've got the 3 points against them, our defence cost us, that's been our weakest area. I feel confident that problem can be resolved.

We definitely need the heart of midfield sorted, someone strong in there who deals with the defensive duties, Jack I would keep, but it's not enough if he gets injured or sent off our midfield has been missing that since. Likewise, Hodson out, I would get a first choice right back and make Tav fight to get into the team.

Why?

At the risk of resurrecting (very) old debates - just who the f*ck do you think is out there ready and willing to drop £20m+ into the Rangers coffers? Even with Gerrard at the helm.

A large dose of reality is required on here. Big Hands Green, the best snakeoil salesman in the business, managed to con investors to the tune of over £20m. There isn't a queue to 'throw' money at us.

Back