Dave King press conference this Monday

I think there is little doubt that a broader fundraising exercise is being worked on. These things take time and there is a chronology for how a fundraising needs to be implemented, particularly in the context of the Takeover Panel issues. A bit of patience is needed here.

6million fresh cash obviously means a minimum will be spent of 6 million before we even consider players leaving/to be sold, as most expect we will sell a fair few players this summer and id imagine any money made from transfers will be added to the budget( maybe not 100% of it but a fair chunk), most believe Morelos will be sold this summer and although i doubt we will get the 10m we could have got in january for him even if we get say 6mil then that would still be 5mil proffit so we would be looking at 10-11 mil spend on players which IMO is pretty good considering Pedro's net spend was around 6-7 million and we all thought that was a substantial amount that the board invested. People need to take their heads out of the clouds if they think we gonny go out and give Gerrard a 15-20 mil budget straight away, when in the history of scottish football did any of us or them spend that much money in one transfer window with the exception of the advocaat years?

He would be an idiot to announce our budget publicly. Do you know any football club that announces 'we will have £Xm to spend this summer'?

Looking at last year's financial statement, we brought in £21m in gate receipts and hospitality. I'd expect a small chunk of that to be used for buying players. A vast majority of that will be used for player wages and club upkeep etc. The £6m from the share issue, plus £3.4m from the Hummel deal, plus some of the season ticket money (maybe £3/4m max), plus any extra generated from commercial revenue (maybe £3/4m extra, just a guess), plus board investment is likely to be the transfer budget. That already totals to over £15m, so really not worrying.

The new commercial revenue is vital to our increased income stream.
Most were happy with a budget of £20 million, at least up until last night

Couple of player sales and we're there

Wonder how much we would get for Wes ,Tav and Morellos?

Not sure if we would miss them that much?

People need to calm the f*ck down,king has many faults but he ain’t stupid he isn’t going to come out and tell the whole world our transfer budget it’s just ain’t going to happen.
We all know gerrard ain’t coming here without money to spend and it will be well more than 6 mil.
Everyone needs to relax a little

6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Clueless why Gerrard would come for that, be lucky to get 2 decent players for that cash.

Excitement raised and you can always seem to rely on Dave King to talk and burst that bubble.

I sincerely hope someone buys him out.
6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Clueless why Gerrard would come for that, be lucky to get 2 decent players for that cash.

Excitement raised and you can always seem to rely on Dave King to talk and burst that bubble.

Fucking hell, I'd expect this kind if nonsense from youngsters on here, I can't believe you're trotting this out, you know fine fucking well thats not his budget.

Jesus christ.

I’d be weary of Dave King’s decision making process on the football side of things, even though the Pedro disaster appeared to be the product of Park and Robertson’s lunacy.

However, I would NEVER second guess Dave King on business matters, I fully believe he knows what he’s doing.

Most were happy with a budget of £20 million, at least up until last night

Couple of player sales and we're there

£20 million would be a good, healthy budget in my opinion.

If you look at the difference in our financial statement and the tims (hate comparing to them, but kind of relevant in this), their commercial deal brought in £16m for them, ours brought in £500k. If we can bridge that with newer, better deals and more sales it will really improve our revenue streams. Its so important for the club at the moment!

One step at a time.

Share issue is a long standing obligation, along with the offer he has to make to existing shareholders.

No external investors were likely till that was sorted. Doesn't mean that isn't the next phase.

We gave Pedro the guts of ten million last summer with no kit deal and no upcoming money from shares.
If Mr Gerrard gets ten to twelve million plus Morelos transfer cash he will make a far better job of spending it than Caixinha.

As I posted earlier, all the anger and disappointment at this announcement is of our own making. Too many folk here are so reliant on some so called ITK posters that either post cryptic bullshit or plain lies - and people fall for them hook line and sinker everytime. This was built into something it never was.

My thoughts are that transfer budget will be more than 6m but not as high as 15m. I would say 10m ish but that includes wages for the year. Gerrard can do a lot of damage with that sum. With his profile I suspect high quality loans will feature along with a couple of good permanent transfers . Maybe 6 or 7 new faces for that money. Easily getting us second and perhaps if we are lucky scaring them this year. But even if we fall short this year , I can see us having a real good chance next as long as we don’t overspend and have an even higher budget next year. Things really are moving in the right direction and soon the force will be unstoppable

Have we heard from the ITK posters that kept telling us there was substantial investment coming in and everything in the garden was rosy yet?

Embarrassing and totally frustrating.

We gave Pedro the guts of ten million last summer with no kit deal and no upcoming money from shares.
If Mr Gerrard gets ten to twelve million plus Morelos transfer cash he will make a far better job of spending it than Caixinha.

Correct, this is something folk overlook. Our best player he signed was Candeias, what was that, £1.5 million? Now contrast that to Peña and Herrera who collectively cost us more than £5.5 million, Gerrard with £10 million is more than capable of bringing in a lot more quality, this excludes the fact players will be heading out, so it's actually more than £10 million in my estimated figure.

We really should be doing more to publicise our potential budget. Everyone knows that the more money you say you have the better the bargains you get in the transfer market.

Just look at man city with John stones and kyle walker or Chelsea with bakayoko.

Spectacular own goal from the club....

6 mill wow!

Less than Pedro

Stevie G ain’t coming here for a 6m transfer fund.

Maybe best to wait and see what pans out over the summer? I’m sure we will be happy enough.

Take a step back from the keyboard and ask yourself if Steven Gerrard has agreed to come to Scotland for a transfer kitty of £6 million.

Then fuckin relax a bit.
To true, why people can’t listen to what was said by our chairman.
No budget for players set, £6mil from share issue and funding from the present board/investors , when Steven Gerard and Mark Allen decide on players.
If he tells the world how much is available the price of any player we go for will rocket.
That however won’t appease the bed wetters on here, as for the lurkers they are absolutely loving it.

£20 million would be a good, healthy budget in my opinion.

If you look at the difference in our financial statement and the tims (hate comparing to them, but kind of relevant in this), their commercial deal brought in £16m for them, ours brought in £500k. If we can bridge that with newer, better deals and more sales it will really improve our revenue streams. Its so important for the club at the moment!
I for one would be over the moon with a £20 m kitty for SG but this form DK today fills me with fear I so hope I am wrong and eating humble pie.

One step at a time.

Share issue is a long standing obligation, along with the offer he has to make to existing shareholders.

No external investors were likely till that was sorted. Doesn't mean that isn't the next phase.

We did yes.

We then had to go to a payday lender for millions to keep the wolfe from the door.

Good business?

My thoughts are that transfer budget will be more than 6m but not as high as 15m. I would say 10m ish but that includes wages for the year. Gerrard can do a lot of damage with that sum. With his profile I suspect high quality loans will feature along with a couple of good permanent transfers . Maybe 6 or 7 new faces for that money. Easily getting us second and perhaps if we are lucky scaring them this year. But even if we fall short this year , I can see us having a real good chance next as long as we don’t overspend and have an even higher budget next year. Things really are moving in the right direction and soon the force will be unstoppable

Correct - it's an iterative process.

We are better than last year and we will be better again next year.

David Murray's Rangers would have loaned us up to our nuts and won the title but that's how we ended up in this mess.

Patience.

First of all, Celtic overspend. I don't want to back to those days. A team jam packed with players on high wages doesn't guarentee success (how did celtic do in europe over the last few years)?

Secondly what do you want? Apart from a billionaire with brain damage who will pump money into a company with very little scope for return?

If we do get any extra funding, the board will not be rushing to tell us what our transfer budget is. If we know, then so do the selling teams, who will then increase the value of players to generate more income ar our expense.

This is the fundimental problem of living in a social media informed world. We demand to know everything even if it is to our own detriment.

I don't want us to overspend. I want the fans to be realistic. And 55 next season is not. I'm happy with the board. I have nothing but praise for King. But people adding up all our incomings and saying "see a warchest" without mentioning the outgoings are burying thier heads.

He would be an idiot to announce our budget publicly. Do you know any football club that announces 'we will have £Xm to spend this summer'?

Looking at last year's financial statement, we brought in £21m in gate receipts and hospitality. I'd expect a small chunk of that to be used for buying players. A vast majority of that will be used for player wages and club upkeep etc. The £6m from the share issue, plus £3.4m from the Hummel deal, plus some of the season ticket money (maybe £3/4m max), plus any extra generated from commercial revenue (maybe £3/4m extra, just a guess), plus board investment is likely to be the transfer budget. That already totals to over £15m, so really not worrying.

The new commercial revenue is vital to our increased income stream.
Stop talking sense!!

People need to remember that our board has sat down and convinced Steven Gerrard, as big a name as you'll get in world football, to come to us for his first stint in management. Even after a season most of us would rather forget and all the other calamity that has come before it. Have the doubters listened to a single word of Gerrard's interviews from Friday? The guy is not here to mess around and have his managerial career finished before it's even started. King must have convinced him that he'll be backed properly. Settle down and engage the brain a wee bit ffs.

We are not going to tell people how much money we have got so they can up their asking price it makes no business sense.

I for one would be over the moon with a £20 m kitty for SG but this form DK today fills me with fear I so hope I am wrong and eating humble pie.

For the record, I'm not saying the budget will be £20m. But just looking at the balance sheet and potential revenue streams, it doesn't seem unfeasible. Particularly if we manage to sell off some of the dross in our squad.

For the record, I'm not saying the budget will be £20m. But just looking at the balance sheet and potential revenue streams, it doesn't seem unfeasible. Particularly if we manage to sell off some of the dross in our squad.
Lol I understand that and I am just saying that would be a good transfer budget lol.

A payday lender?

Did you get that from Phil 3 Names?

Wolf doesn't have an e at the end by the way, unless it is Wolfe Tones. I pass no comment on your unfortunate slip.
Go onto their website, they are no high street bank.

I'm asking if its good business we spend season ticket cash then are forced to go and get loans to fund us through the year?

Back