Time for change posters on every seat today

They’re free to do what they want, but it now seems like more effort goes into the weekly show of dissent than supporting the team on the pitch.
Totally agree. They do a lot of good stuff, but their self-importance and self-entitlement is starting to boil my piss.
I agree agree that there are certain aspects of our club which could be improved and strep strengthened, but I will absolutely NOT be lectured to by a section of our fans whose behaviour sometimes an embarrassment and occasionally a disgrace.

I agree agree that there are certain aspects of our club which could be improved and strep strengthened, but I will absolutely NOT be lectured to by a section of our fans whose behaviour sometimes an embarrassment and occasionally a disgrace.
Is that what the UB's are doing this? Aren't they just giving their opinion?

Reality is unless we pull a rabbit out the hat at hampden they will win another treble . This can’t be repeated next season
What you mean is, unless someone comes in and gives us free money as a personal favour.

I know it's hard for many to accept, but they are the wealthiest club in scotland and can therefore go out and outspent us, just the same as we done when we were the wealthiest. If your willing to bring in an Arthur Daley type with a good pr dept, you carry on. Just out of interest, why the f**k did you bring up the man city owners? These people are business men and ruthless at that. They deal in the richest league in world football, where as we deal in the paddy's market version.

I don't want anyone near Ibrox who has no love of the club. That lot had McCann come in from canada, with his paddy roots, picked them up of the floor and kept to his word of bailing out after the job was done. Having said that, their fans acted like arseholes to him.

Anyone who is willing to gamble with the stability of the club, need to have a word with themselves. I well remember Craig Whyte walking down edmiston drive being lauded as the saviour. Now that is a f**ken embarrassment.

You're clearly not understanding the contexts of the protests.

There will be more to come so keep an eye out and you may start to begin to understand the demands of the support and what action we want.
So tell us what the demands of the support are, but be aware a few leaders of the union bears, who are they, and the shouty activists are not the support.

It’s amazing how we keep seeing the non-specific words like incompetence, context, etc. but I am yet to see an actual ‘charge’ save perhaps the Sydney friendly. Personally I wasn’t for that but I recognise the £3m, which is another £3m the scum move away from us financially, would reportedly have paid the transfer fees of Cantwell and Raskin so that is two layers such as them we can’t get.

As for Wilson, Michael Beale has said when he was here with Gerrard not a single player was foisted on Gerrard/Beale, every one was their choice. GVB said he was the one who chose the players while he was here. Beale was very vocal that Cantwell and Raskin were his choices. Wilson has not foisted a first team player on a manger so what is the issue? If it’s an issue about money Wilson can‘t do anything about that, he has a budget mainly governed by the UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations to work within and all squad costs, player and coaching staff wages, transfer and agents fees, etc have to be within that otherwise we will face UEFA sanctions.

Perhaps if the union bears and others stopped causing us to have tens of thousands of euros fines and expensive partial stadium closures by UEFA which started right from the first home game back in Europe against St. Joseph’s we would be in a better financial position but no they want to do whatever they want and to weaponise the songbook.

WV12_Motherwell_v_Rangersjpg-JS803986677.jpg

As mentioned, the vast majority participated in today's protest.

This is just the start.

It took forms of protest to get the message over on Sydney. We will do the same here in order to get change.

Second best is not good enough at Rangers. Changes are required asap.
The majority holding the cards up are not UB but there’s people trying to say the UB don’t talk for normal fans?

Is that what the UB's are doing this? Aren't they just giving their opinion?
They may well be giving their opinion.My point is that their ‘opinion’ is greatly devalued by their behaviour which, at time reflects poorly on the club and our fan base in general. Before they start criticising the actions of others, they need to take a long hard look at their own,

Wanting shot of the jobber Wilson and the Motherwell level Managing Director doesn’t mean we want rid of the board.
Folk realise there is a difference right?
We need a freshen up, we’ve needed it since we won 55, instead the board have stood still, I’m not at the get rid stage but I’m at the “make them aware we are pissed aff stage”.
Agreed, huge difference between the corporate side of things and football side of things.

Or

We have a new manager because the last one failed

We are 9 points behind and they are on course for a treble

And that’s before you consider the situation with contracts, transfers, tickets and countless pointless legal battles
100%

We have an element of support who are beginning to accept 2nd place on all fronts is just all we are ever going to be. This board have made so much mess along the years they have took us as far as they can.

Nothing against Beale he's doing an acceptable job so far but the guys going to have to hunt the bargain bin in the summer looking for a miracle to turn this around.

Most of those people holding up leaflets would have no idea what Robertson or Wilson actually do.

The thought process among these people will be - we've lost to Celtic someone needs to pay for we deserve better. We can't shout at the board for they have put money in and we can't shout at Beale for he's only just here so that leaves Robertson and Wilson. Lets give them grief.
Well I’ll openly admit I don’t know what Robertson does for his 300k salary. You never see or hear from him, unless we are winning something then he’s all too visible.

Wilson however should and will be judged on his signings. Do you think that we’ve had value for money or that the majority of his signings have been a success?

There’s 2 boards at rangers; the board of directors containing the investors and the football board containing Robertson and Wilson

Fair one. I probably didn't consider it that way as they had a song specifically for Robertson and Wilson just before it. Seemed a bit odd but, that would make sense.

As said in my post, the majority took part in the cards so it's clearly more than the UB's that want this.

This is just the start.

It took forms of protest to get the message over on Sydney. We will do the same here in order to get change.

Hopefully protests against the ticket shambles for OF game.

Is that the shambles that supporters can’t get into Parkhead ? probably the same supporters who wanted a friendly cancelled as they didn’t want anything to do with Celtic to happen.
Yeah that’s exactly the same thing pal, not getting to support your team in the biggest match of the season, nice one.

Is that the shambles that supporters can’t get into Parkhead ? probably the same supporters who wanted a friendly cancelled as they didn’t want anything to do with Celtic to happen.

I see this type of remark a lot on this issue and I'm not sure why everyone thinks Celtic are at the forefront of the decision. People want to go and support Rangers. It's nothing to do with them. I'm sure you know that though.

Last edited:

This is just the start.

Put anything in someone’s hands / seat.
They will wave it without even reading it.
Personally I think it’s a pile of nonsense.

Put anything in someone’s hands / seat.
They will wave it without even reading it.
Personally I think it’s a pile of nonsense.
I joined in the clapping last week because I thought it was a tribute to someone and then I noticed the Union Bears ,I felt a bit of a tube:)

Never mind regurgitating generalised stuff, provide specifics.
Under eight years of Robertson as MD we’ve sacked more managers than we’ve won trophies. He’s been running the day to day operations throughout a period of T.arrier dominance. He was partly responsible for falling for Caixinha’s power point presentation. Appointing the utter dud that is Ross Wilson. Been there throughout all of the God knows how many failed court cases. Next to no engagement with the support. No safe standing. Nothing organised whatsoever for any fans in Glasgow for the EL final. The Sydney Cup farce.

Wilson on the other hand has signed more than 30 players and you can count on one hand the number of genuine successes. Our medical department has fallen apart since Gerrard left and Wilson took charge of rebuilding it.

Neither Robertson or Wilson put money into Rangers. They are not investors like Park or Bennett. They are extremely well paid employees that are underperforming.

What you mean is, unless someone comes in and gives us free money as a personal favour.

I know it's hard for many to accept, but they are the wealthiest club in scotland and can therefore go out and outspent us, just the same as we done when we were the wealthiest. If your willing to bring in an Arthur Daley type with a good pr dept, you carry on. Just out of interest, why the f**k did you bring up the man city owners? These people are business men and ruthless at that. They deal in the richest league in world football, where as we deal in the paddy's market version.

I don't want anyone near Ibrox who has no love of the club. That lot had McCann come in from canada, with his paddy roots, picked them up of the floor and kept to his word of bailing out after the job was done. Having said that, their fans acted like arseholes to him.

Anyone who is willing to gamble with the stability of the club, need to have a word with themselves. I well remember Craig Whyte walking down edmiston drive being lauded as the saviour. Now that is a f**ken embarrassment.
So do we just accept second place

Under eight years of Robertson as MD we’ve sacked more managers than we’ve won trophies. He’s been running the day to day operations throughout a period of T.arrier dominance. He was partly responsible for falling for Caixinha’s power point presentation. Appointing the utter dud that is Ross Wilson. Been there throughout all of the God knows how many failed court cases. Next to no engagement with the support. No safe standing. Nothing organised whatsoever for any fans in Glasgow for the EL final. The Sydney Cup farce.

Wilson on the other hand has signed more than 30 players and you can count on one hand the number of genuine successes. Our medical department has fallen apart since Gerrard left and Wilson took charge of rebuilding it.

Neither Robertson or Wilson put money into Rangers. They are not investors like Park or Bennett. They are extremely well paid employees that are underperforming.
Nailed it.

Ok, I’ll bite and play along

That’s your view on things but what if I flip it and say, the board were happy playing second fiddle to Celtic on Ange’s homecoming tour in Australia as they were going to make £3m, only withdrawing due to the backlash

They’re happy getting into bed with Celtic if there’s £ involved but won’t compromise regarding allocations in Scotland? I’m pretty sure they’d happily come up with a compromise if they were making money from it

I joined in the clapping last week because I thought it was a tribute to someone and then I noticed the Union Bears ,I felt a bit of a tube:)

Just don’t get what they represent, certainly not Rangers fans in general.
I find them an embarrassment to be honest.
Everywhere the go they seem to think they own the stand they are in.

Should probably be made a sticky at the top of the Bear Pit.

Entitled nonsense from a section of our support.
We're 10 months from having been to a major European final, an injury crisis away from going for 3IAR (in my opinion). We've a new manager with a record of W18 D1 L1 (I think) since he came in. A section of fans have lost all perspective regarding where we are, considering where we've been.

Can only deal in facts not what might have been and the reality is we are one defeat away from that mob winning five trebles under this board plus five trophyless seasons in seven years under them. If we do beat them in the SC it still doesn't change the monumental task we have in the summer and next season going forward as we start off as underdogs again with them having a guaranteed £25m+ from the UCL.

I'm not sure how long we can coast off winning one league title in 12 years either. The blunt reality is we are two seasons away from from going from the most successful team in the world to second best team in Scotland.

Just don’t get what they represent, certainly not Rangers fans in general.
I find them an embarrassment to be honest.
Everywhere the go they seem to think they own the stand they are in.
So you think the general consensus in the Rangers support is that Wilson and Robertson are doing a good job? Give your head a wobble.

Excellent

How long would other appointments be given to overturn celtics dominance?

Until we can match them financially over a number of years, then we are unlikely to beat them to trophies consistently.

I was watching a Rangers podcast the other night and they added up the money spent and the money brought in with player sales under Wilson. He has made more money than he has spent, but a large and considerable amount was made in the Bassey sale, take Bassey out of it and it would have been grim reading.

Good post. Horrendous reading….but good post

How long would other appointments be given to overturn celtics dominance?

Until we can match them financially over a number of years, then we are unlikely to beat them to trophies consistently.
The problem we face is that we spend money but the vast majority of it is spent horrendously and we barely recoup any of it. Replace Wilson with someone who has a better eye for a player and it wouldn't take as long as it will with him in charge

So tell us what the demands of the support are, but be aware a few leaders of the union bears, who are they, and the shouty activists are not the support.

It’s amazing how we keep seeing the non-specific words like incompetence, context, etc. but I am yet to see an actual ‘charge’ save perhaps the Sydney friendly. Personally I wasn’t for that but I recognise the £3m, which is another £3m the scum move away from us financially, would reportedly have paid the transfer fees of Cantwell and Raskin so that is two layers such as them we can’t get.

As for Wilson, Michael Beale has said when he was here with Gerrard not a single player was foisted on Gerrard/Beale, every one was their choice. GVB said he was the one who chose the players while he was here. Beale was very vocal that Cantwell and Raskin were his choices. Wilson has not foisted a first team player on a manger so what is the issue? If it’s an issue about money Wilson can‘t do anything about that, he has a budget mainly governed by the UEFA Financial Sustainability regulations to work within and all squad costs, player and coaching staff wages, transfer and agents fees, etc have to be within that otherwise we will face UEFA sanctions.

Perhaps if the union bears and others stopped causing us to have tens of thousands of euros fines and expensive partial stadium closures by UEFA which started right from the first home game back in Europe against St. Joseph’s we would be in a better financial position but no they want to do whatever they want and to weaponise the songbook.
I just want say about the players forced on the managers of course they are not

But manager and Wilson will agree position player type etc

Wilson will go to scouts and/ or agents and come back with options he will maybe have a preferred agent he uses.

He then looks at options with help of his team scouts info data analysts decided if fit in a budget or not looks at agents fees salary, medical history etc

Then takes what he thinks best matches the description and cost

You can have player a, or player b or neither and start search again in the discussion with manager.

The manager is choosing the player technically but any manager is going to pick a player over none with the options provided.

The scouts, analysts, the medical dept, sports science all sit under Wilson

This area is failing massively

recruitment has been poor since he came in the scouting and medical teams have been gutted and replaced with cheaper options. Maybe the move to zone 7 which is been shown to be a bad move not just us but Liverpool/ Watford, Notts forest all with crazy injuries.

Or injuries have been appalling this year ...... injuries can happen but the length these players have been out is crazy.

Note I get budget wise he might not be able to have much leeway but 25% hit rate being generous is poor tryout on recruitment.

The problem we face is that we spend money but the vast majority of it is spent horrendously and we barely recoup any of it. Replace Wilson with someone who has a better eye for a player and it wouldn't take as long as it will with him in charge

We do spend money.

But we are still outspent 2 for 1 by that mob.

There is absolutely zero guarantees that somebody else spends the money better than the current incumbents do.

Ok, I’ll bite and play along

That’s your view on things but what if I flip it and say, the board were happy playing second fiddle to Celtic on Ange’s homecoming tour in Australia as they were going to make £3m, only withdrawing due to the backlash

They’re happy getting into bed with Celtic if there’s £ involved but won’t compromise regarding allocations in Scotland? I’m pretty sure they’d happily come up with a compromise if they were making money from it
I think the board were happy to make an easy £3m. I think the only similar scenario was a good fees earlier when we were going to play them in New York or Boston. There was no negative reaction that I can remember.

Rangers and Celtic always had a working relationship at board level in the past however given that they were instrumental in driving us down the divisions it can never be the same.

They are going for robertson and wilson cos they are employees and take a wage so they arent putting money into the club as opposed to guys like park or bennett and if some fans think robertson and wilson are doing a good job then thats more worrying to me

Back