Everton in trouble over alleged breach of Profitability & Sustainability rules (FFP)

It must be absolutely miserable supporting a team like that, fully appreciate the hard core fans that go week in and out, but it must be miserable.
Watching your team churn through manager after manager, spunking tens of millions in fees and wages on absolute jobber level players, zero ambition of ever doing anything.
Miserable.

It must be absolutely miserable supporting a team like that, fully appreciate the hard core fans that go week in and out, but it must be miserable.
Watching your team churn through manager after manager, spunking tens of millions in fees and wages on absolute jobber level players, zero ambition of ever doing anything.
Miserable.
The ambition is there, the spending money on the right players isn't.

Just searched their squad on Transfermarkt and they're still paying Andros Townsend £50,000 p/w.

0_Screen-Shot-2019-11-17-at-195231.jpg

Miserable.
On the bright side you get to see much better teams week in week out and occasionally your team will beat one of the smaller teams or pick up a good result against the bigger teams. Must be like supporting the Hibs of England.

Everton are a strange one. A big big English club.They've spent a shed load of money on players that in retrospect were not up for it but at the time some looked half decent signings. They've had some mangers over the last 10 to 15 years that really should have brought success to the club and yet failed miserably. Money obviously doesn't guarantee silverware but the fact they have won nothing since 1995 must be unacceptable to evertonians. I'm old enough to remember the great Everton team of the early to mid 80s the European ban didn't help that team. They were one of the original big 5 in English football. Now they look like a club lost,adrift and getting left behind.

Miserable.
To be fair to Everton, they’re traditionally one of the biggest clubs in England with a pretty trophy laden history, but they’ve been appallingly run for years.

There are far worse clubs you could support in the EPL, IMO.

Everton are a strange one. A big big English club.They've spent a shed load of money on players that in retrospect were not up for it but at the time some looked half decent signings. They've had some mangers over the last 10 to 15 years that really should have brought success to the club and yet failed miserably. Money obviously doesn't guarantee silverware but the fact they have won nothing since 1995 must be unacceptable to evertonians. I'm old enough to remember the great Everton team of the early to mid 80s the European ban didn't help that team. They were one of the original big 5 in English football. Now they look like a club lost,adrift and getting left behind.

That’s been the issue - they think they are bigger than they actually are.

It’s led to awful decision-making when it’s come to managers and transfers. A frightening amount of money wasted.

Nothing against the Toffees or their fans, but how can such a large, traditional club be so badly run in the Premiership era?

Yes, I am aware our club has had our share of chancers, but down there I would expect a higher level of checks and balances to stop a club getting to this stage.

Nothing against the Toffees or their fans, but how can such a large, traditional club be so badly run in the Premiership era?

Yes, I am aware our club has had our share of chancers, but down there I would expect a higher level of checks and balances to stop a club getting to this stage.

Blame is with Moshiri. Hired manager after manager, gave them loads of money, bought poorly, sack the manager and repeat all over again.

There are loads of badly run clubs down there.

I seen today that Bournemouth lost 55m last year.

Bournemouth- 55m ffs.

Clubs were allowed to offset losses due to Covid in recent years but it was alleged that Everton offset much larger amounts than similar sized clubs so gaining an advantage.

Clubs were allowed to record losses of £105M over 3 years, Everton lost £370m.
Those numbers make it look like the have a challenging case to answer .

I get worried about the outsiders owned clubs now where plaything owners are in complete control yet probably not deeply precious about the well-being of the fans’ club

I’m not sure about that.
The original name of Everton was St Domingos Chapel which became Everton..
Also have a church in their ground called St Luke’s.
I would suggest this may be informative as to their allegiances.

Liverpool were founded by Orangemen.

Last edited:
The original name of Everton was St Domingos Chapel which became Everton..
Also have a church in their ground called St Luke’s.
I would suggest this may be informative as to their allegiances.
St Domingo’s was a Methodist Church! St Luke’s is Church of England. The club chaplain is the Reverend Harry Ross, the former vicar of St Luke’s and a bluenose to his bootstraps.

Pretty common misconception yeshhhh Scandinavia only includes Sweden , Norway and Denmark .

Iceland is part of Norden / Nordic block

Back