Most popular Rangers forum?

I reckon this has to be one of the biggest “single genre” (can’t think of a better term) forums out there

Obviously there’s busier forums out there that are dedicated to a wider genre probably even a couple busier forums maybe like Man United but I can’t think of a music comparison. I can’t imagine there’s a busy Lionel Ritchie forum for example :D

Gersforum was a decent alternative. Some of the nonsense/banter on there was hilarious.

It was brilliant.

I probably spent about 70% of time there and 30% here. As GersForum went into decline I just posted here all the time.

Still a lot of the old names on here, same username and I'm sure many more with new usernames.

It did reappear for a while but I think it was difficult to attract new members as most people had either moved over here or RM.

I remember 'Me' as well. He had Begbie as his profile picture and about 40,000 odd posts. Always wondered if he posts on here.

Any other well known members that transferred over @Kinbo @derek145 ?

Tried to tag Sub as well but can't find his username now.

Last edited:
It was brilliant.

I probably spent about 70% of time there and 30% here. As GersForum went into decline I just posted here all the time.

Still a lot of the old names on here, same username and I'm sure many more with new usernames.

It did reappear for a while but I think it was difficult to attract new members as most people had either moved over here or RM.

I remember 'Me' as well. He had Begbie as his profile picture and about 40,000 odd posts. Always wondered if he posts on here.

Any other well known members that transferred over @Kinbo @derek145

Tried to tag Sub as well but can't find his username now.
Sub is here, so is Michael McD.
Gersforum was more personal, you felt like you knew everyone on it, at its height you'd have 100+ active members on it daily.

I remember a point on here where threads would slide on to page 2 if nobody responded on them within half an hour or so because there’s were so many posts being made… poor wee hamster.

Sub is here, so is Michael McD.
Gersforum was more personal, you felt like you knew everyone on it, at its height you'd have 100+ active members on it daily.
I remember the days on FF where it felt like you knew a lot of the posters (back around 2000 and the rivals.net days)

FF always had the advantage of having the fanzine behind it in the early days

Was that the one that Celtic fan used to post all his shite on there and challenge to meet up with people who dared disagree with him and the Mods never banned him ?
' Country boy ' I think his name was.

Yeah that rings a bell. The resident celtic fan hahaha. If I remember right the "itk" guy was called jgejnr or something like that as well.

Can remember signing up for the forum 20 odd years ago and just picking for my username the one I used to login at school

It seemed to make sense just cause I was infront of a computer :D

RM was decent for a while in its early days, then it became a bit obsessed with RMvFF, which was tiresome. As had been mentioned earlier it then went pro-Spiv, which was just weird and I've not been back on for years.

I'm on Gersnet as well, and enjoy it being a bit more sedate than here, and it's good to be on both.

I reckon this has to be one of the biggest “single genre” (can’t think of a better term) forums out there

Obviously there’s busier forums out there that are dedicated to a wider genre probably even a couple busier forums maybe like Man United but I can’t think of a music comparison. I can’t imagine there’s a busy Lionel Ritchie forum for example :D
There are Reddit pages with millions of subs.

Used to really like GersForum, did modding on it for a while. Like most said, nice and personal. Went the way of GersNet though, Just got quieter and quieter though over time, same as all the small forums though.

Remember there were no forums and everybody spoke about football in the pub!
I like the forums for that respect , the debate is good and nobody really knows who each other are , it’s the attention seeking on twitter that’s out of hand

gerstalk was good
good wee forum

I remember I posted the glaswegian buses to Portsmouth away on gersforum and one of the admins replied on the thread in red writing "these buses have nothing to do with Gersforum"

Sat in my chair going, thank %^*& then

:D

Back