Most popular Rangers forum?

I can say with 100% certainty he was not related to any admin or mods, and he was probably the most banned guy on the forum.
He was never barred sine die. But can you explain to me why he was able to threaten various posters through private messaging ( me ) and others through somehow accessing private personal details ( not me ) and still not be banned from the forum ?
In the end it took someone other than yourselves to take action against that c*nt.

He was never barred. Can you explain to me why he was able to threaten various posters through private messaging ( me ) and others through accessing private personal details ( not me ) and still not be banned sine die from the forum ?
In the end it took someone other than yourselves to take action against that c*nt.
Personally I only ever heard about one incident after he'd been banned, that was with John, the Donegal clan's dad. Not sure how he'd have gotten personal details unless folk were giving out information about themselves. He was a well established member when I joined and while I actually got on well with him I never really understood why he was allowed on the forum.

I’m so addicted to FF that I’ve never even been on GersNet. :))

Might need to join it and develop a sedate and respectful persona on it. LOL

The origins of FF probably help it. The print fanzine was well established before web forums became popular. It wasn't starting from scratch.

I'd been buying the fanzine since issue 1 so it was natural to sign up for this forum once I went online, never felt the need to try any other forum as this has always suited me.

Think RangersMedia is dying away. Busy on matchdays but empty outside of that. Was a great forum 10-15 years ago but full of tits now.

Loved the FF fanzine
Suppose it was such a unique and new way to read all about Rangers with cracking content created by Rangers fans - and so refreshing from the boring mainstream crap on bbc or stv.
I remember trying to hunt down the latest copy in Glasgow rather than wait till the next home game.

Does anyone remember how they ended up here? I've literally no idea

I used to be a fairly regular poster on an oasis forum (oasisinet, I think) so it might have come from there if it was mentioned

Mind ‘Wee Eck’ on Gers Forum :D
He was another one who contacted members wanting to fight them, complete cretin. He joined here and started claiming that Gersforum Admin had ripped off some poor lad for hundreds, basically getting the lad to pay for all the site fees, called out Jim and Mike. I pulled him up on here so he created another account and messaged me saying that he was a massive drug dealer from Easterhouse and 'wee eck' was his main man in Dundee and if I didn't stop bad mouthing him I was going to get sorted out.

I was a Mod on RM for a very long time, but FF’s popularity and constant activity made it such an easy decision to switch over.

Think it was a user rabrfc that made that. Was hilarious. There was a bracelet story as well (Chris something) can’t mind if that was here or Gersforum though.

Silver Bracelet guy is still on here and posts a fair under the same name mate. I won't tag him here because I don't think he likes being reminded of it - but every time I see him post on here that is the first thing I think of.

Honourable mentions also to Tango and Stuntmuffin and also Gavdog and BlueChris and jgejnr, who was a great guy for helping people out with info and tickets.

And of course Dean, who did so much work on that site with the coding and in the creation of the writer's area, which spawned at least one pro-Rangers journalist. I'm sure he would be proud of that and rightly so too.

Last edited:
Just found this thread, good to see some former GersForum guys on here! Scary to think it was nearly 20 years ago now (I’m 43 next month by Christ). I was a regular on there - I used to write replies that could qualify as essays.

Some standout members were JGEJNR, our in the know guy.

“Me” as others have mentioned, with his Begbie avatar who from what heard took the events of 2012 really bad (didn’t we all) and believed Rangers no longer existed.

Rutbomb, who I remember posting as his brother to say he’d died after hitting his head on a weight at the gym.

Wee Eck, utterly incoherent and hilarious … guy was on something.

Derek145, Admin with an animated avatar with his face on the body of Ben Stiller from the end of Dodgeball, singing about his milkshake.

Subversive Bear, GarngadBear, Eirebear, Linzi … there’s others whose face I remember from the 5’s tournament we had at PowerLeague.

Great days on there, I’ve joined here because I’m fed up with the football chat on Twitter. Character limits and that lot chiming in because they get up at 6am and search for “Rangers” to find stuff to get offended by.

Just found this thread, good to see some former GersForum guys on here! Scary to think it was nearly 20 years ago now (I’m 43 next month by Christ). I was a regular on there - I used to write replies that could qualify as essays.

“Me” as others have mentioned, with his Begbie avatar who from what heard took the events of 2012 really bad (didn’t we all) and believed Rangers no longer existed.

Rutbomb, who I remember posting as his brother to say he’d died after hitting his head on a weight at the gym.

Derek145, Admin with an animated avatar with his face on the body of Ben Stiller from the end of Dodgeball, singing about his milkshake.

Subversive Bear, GarngadBear, Eirebear, Linzi … there’s others whose face I remember from the 5’s tournament we had at PowerLeague.

Great days on there, I’ve joined here because I’m fed up with the football chat on Twitter. Character limits and that lot chiming in because they get up at 6am and search for “Rangers” to find stuff to get offended by.

Hi Jamesie!

RM used to be great up until a few years ago until it got out of hand with bullying and all sorts. Posters having families targeted and stuff. Not very nice.

FF is well moderated, some might say too well at times but it's a more enjoyable experience than the wild west that RM became.
Aye, I was going to post something similar.

I used to enjoy it on there but there became a stalking, bullying and sociopath culture that emerged from half a dozen or so folk that the admin wouldn't touch.

Stalking and lying about females and posting private info about them etc. It got really really sinister.

On the upside there was real freedom of speech allowed on there. You wouldn't get banned for saying what you wanted or having a controversial opinion. That was a big plus for me.

Last edited:

At it's peak it was a great wee forum you could have some really good discussions about anything Rangers but some of the banter and content was hilarious spent many nights laughing my head off at some of the mental stuff that was posted.

Good to see a few old usernames that I recognize on here mine is the same as i was on there.

Last edited:
Speaking as a prominent former RM poster, I’ll admit to not being able to see the woods for the trees. Never liked Ashley etc but did think King was just running his mouth but he obviously did step up to the mark and freed us of those bastards.

Definitely a younger sort on RM and was an amazing laugh at some points, bit shit all the shit with there and here. We should always stick together but didn’t help with Imran posting on the forum What a walloper he was.

FF is the best in my opinion.

You get the most active and grown-up debates on here in my experience.

Have not been on GersForum for a long time. My impression of it was pretty good, but that it was quite quiet at times.

RangersMedia was okay at one point, but I saw quite a lot of argumentative and name-calling posting on there for a while, which put me off it. Looking back, a lot of posters on there (myself included) were hoodwinked by the "undesirables" that got control of the club at one point, which was regrettable. Thankfully, all that is in the past now, and I hope everyone can move on.

Remember the gersforum members picture thread ?

There was some scary feckers on that...... Me included...(Not the member Me). :D

Started on an AOL general Scottish football board. It was a small group, although one of the regulars still posts on here from Canada. There was a Raith Rovers supporter on it who we ran into in Vegas at one of the conventions.

I've been on various FF boards. Though took a lifetime ban for a misunderstanding on a joke I made about a users name. Ends up the guy had passed away and I had no clue. Seemed a bit harsh.

I've never bothered with any of the other locations. I've taken a look and they seem to be (ironically) under administered, so they seem a bit crazy.

I was on that forum during Walter's second spell.

Can remember that jgejnr linking us to Paul Hartley before he signed for the Manky Mob.

Gersforum was brilliant back in the day. Ended up getting a good 5 a side tournament and bevvy one summer which was a good laugh.
Some really good posters on there before it died out.
Never used to come on FF until then.

Bumping this, apologies!

I also attended the 5 a side, was a great day. My username there was KevinThomson8

Still got a few of the lads from the forum on Facebook (iggy, Mark & Michael)

Also remember Derek, Sub, ME, JgeJnr, Rutbomb and his lies haha.

Amazing times on there, great posters and it was through my love of it I found my way onto FF too which has been brilliant.

Back