West Ham fan fighting off AZ ultras

It was shocking that night and bronby ultras attacked our fans before game but union bears came to rescue
Both set of fans were let out at same time after final whistle which didn't help

I had a home end ticket but managed to dodge into the Rangers corporate section. The Brondby Ultras were happy to have a go at people in there with families but didn't bother trying to get near the actual Rangers support.
Same at the end, I was heading to the exit gate and was taking to a Danish bloke and his young son when their Ultras came in the gate at us, again at the corporate. I think the average age of the Rangers support fending them off was about 50 :D

I would ban AZ from next season's European competition, or the next one they qualify for.

For that to happen, there has to have been a major security flaw in the plans.

2 Brits leathering a full squad of Dutch "Ultras".

That sort of attitude and determination won us 2 world wars and conquered the world.

The Dutch ultras are very reminiscent of the Green Brigade/Boys. 1-2 actually trying to fight with the rest of them screeching and dancing about and taking liberties.

Not just those two chaps...

I love how the cop tries to make it out like they done everything right. About 3 west ham fans doing the job of a couple of hundred security and police is all that stopped this from being a disastrous night, but aye, drop in "successful" to your analysis of the situation without owning your failings!

A quiet evening in Prague awaits.
Not on the scale of Seville or Manchester obviously but there will thousands of West Ham making the trip and with them only getting roughly 5k tickets officially the majority will be on the streets at KO.

Not all Ultras are hooligans pal, far far far from it. I can understand why naive people think this though.

The ultra culture is pathetic and I couldn't care less what anyone says on it.

Green Street wannabes. Or wee guys cutting about in balaclavas spray painting shite.

Why do stewards just stand and watch ? They are hopeless. They just get pushed out of the way.
Should always be police in grounds. Lift two or three and the whole thing stops right there.
Groups of knobends wearing the same coat everywhere you go now. Attack anyone, utter crap.

Not on the scale of Seville or Manchester obviously but there will thousands of West Ham making the trip and with them only getting roughly 5k tickets officially the majority will be on the streets at KO.

I don't blame them one bit of course.

The potential for trouble has been increased 10 fold by the ticketing arrangements. Hell mend UEFA for this continuing farce.

Yeah, explain why West Ham players would be banned for running in for concern of their families.

Regardless of their reasons, footballers can't just run into the crowd and start flinging punches. Surely that's not hard to grasp?

Tell them about the Spartans;

OihgoBc.gif

Regardless of their reasons, footballers can't just run into the crowd and start flinging punches. Surely that's not hard to grasp?
Pretty certain they can and did.

Also certain that UEFA wont do anything to them as they are in charge of stadiums on european games and it was their security that failed and their failed security helped lead to the incident.

But aye they will get banned

The ultra culture is pathetic and I couldn't care less what anyone says on it.

Green Street wannabes. Or wee guys cutting about in balaclavas spray painting shite.
Fair enough, clearly a culture you have very limited knowledge of - like I said plenty are naive on it.

Just seen this pop up on Facebook, thought it was pretty positive but entitled to your view.

Why do stewards just stand and watch ? They are hopeless. They just get pushed out of the way.
Should always be police in grounds. Lift two or three and the whole thing stops right there.
Groups of knobends wearing the same coat everywhere you go now. Attack anyone, utter crap.

You guna get leathered for €10 an hour?

If that was Rangers fans the Scottish media headlines would be: "Sectarian thugs attack own fans and under-staffed security"

Back