Current Ibrox Stadium Problems and Future Redevelopments

Noticed the other night how rammed the standing section at Leverkusen was, made me think of the good old terracing days.
I would be lying if I said I knew the design of each stadium but the logic is for each row, there should be 2 steps. So essentially for each seat you can have someone standing on the top step and someone infront on the bottom step

Just buying time
“Looking at potential “
Basically
Potential for the potential for safe standing
Bull5hitter of the highest order
Just doesn’t want called out as he’s new to the job

Safe standing costs approx£80-100 a space
Easily absorbed by those who want it and would pay a premium of + £50 for 2 seasons

How this guy has gone from working at a bookies (creative content? Whatever that is) to leading Rangers before he’s 39 is astonishing
It doesnt cost £80-100 a space. There is a post on here earlier with the specific costs for us. Its £500k which works out about £125-140 a space

Its a strange one to complain about a guy having a successful career and achieving significant revenue increase for the club being moved to CEO.

It doesnt cost £80-100 a space. There is a post on here earlier with the specific costs for us. Its £500k which works out about £125-140 a space

Its a strange one to complain about a guy having a successful career and achieving significant revenue increase for the club being moved to CEO.
Aye, we should chase the guy that has increased our earnings by millions of pounds a year. He’s done a fantastic job at Rangers and long may it continue.

Why's that cause you are not on the telly?

I wont be on the telly no matter where the safe standing is. The point is we all want to see our displays and watch as our most vocal and active fans show the world what we are all about. I find it strange that any Rangers' fan wouldnt enjoy seeing that.

My favourite Rangers poster is the one from flag day that shows our fans in all their glory.

Funny that you automatically assume Im speaking purely from a selfish standpoint. Perhaps that says more about you than anything else.

Noticed the other night how rammed the standing section at Leverkusen was, made me think of the good old terracing days.

I thought the Celtic end at Hampden was rammed.

Just to be clear, Im making a point about the numbers that want to be part of a singing section. Im not praising the tims.

Last edited:
Why is there no talk of the enclosure going back to standing, given that was the most recent area of the stadium to have it? It’s all chat around the Copland vs Broomloan

The enclosure only became standing by default. Everywhere else was seated. Before the new stands were built the enclosures were the last place anyone would choose to go to. Nothings changed.

If we're going to do safe standing we have to do it right. That means a high profile location to let the world see our magnificent fans.

Dont be surprised to see tims on here pushing for the enclosures in an attempt to spoil what could be a magnificent addition to Ibrox.

I wont be on the telly no matter where the safe standing is. The point is we all want to see our displays and watch as our most vocal and active fans show the world what we are all about. I find it strange that any Rangers' fan wouldnt enjoy seeing that.

My favourite Rangers poster is the one from flag day that shows our fans in all their glory.

Funny that you automatically assume Im speaking purely from a selfish standpoint. Perhaps that says more about you than anything else.
Possibly
However you completely missed the point of my post, if you go back and read it you will see the point was finding out the demand, IF the demand is 2k for standing, then the front of any stand behind the goal is pointless.

I spent many happy years standing in the EE it is more than capable of creating an atmosphere

It would be funny if everyone in the Copland said "Yes" and the Union Bears couldn't get tickets in the section:)
You do realise even if every CF season ticket holder says they want to be part of a standing section, at least 100 CF3 season ticket holders will be moved to accommodate the union bears?

Every other major club has a standing area now .We were years behind everyone on matchday experience but progressing very slow.Standing area is a must. people have been moved at every other club with safe standing areas they just have to live with it.It will help remove the stagnation of the support at Ibrox.

If announced well in advance (say 2 seasons) those not wanting to stand could be given 2 seasons worth of first refusals for the rest of the stadium, that plus the space made by ST holders moving to a standing area, should minimise the disruption/objections.

Disabled section and any potential safe standing should be used as part of a wider project to move people seats, im convinced that there will people willing to move higher, lower, different stands etc that can be swapped, the seat transfer system doesn’t do much and every ST holder Should be surveyed

We need to model the redevelopment on the San Siro. Staircases where the screens are so you can keep the goal posts, then add an extra tier on to Govan, Copland and Broomloan. Just raise the current roofs on top of the new stairwells and build an extra bit of roof at the back. Boom

Possibly
However you completely missed the point of my post, if you go back and read it you will see the point was finding out the demand, IF the demand is 2k for standing, then the front of any stand behind the goal is pointless.

I spent many happy years standing in the EE it is more than capable of creating an atmosphere

I believe the demand for standing will be huge. Once fans realise how much better it is the numbers wanting it will grow and grow.

I first watched Rangers from the Derry. That's now the Govan front and rear. When they built the new stands I had a ST in the WE. Nothing wrong with the enclosures but definitely not the location for safe standing in my opinion.

As far as tv goes Im looking forward to seeing our fans bouncing about. What a great advert for our club.

So if we can lower the pitch to get 4 rows then it would be ideal. Current season ticket holders would be retaining their same view, granted a different seat, disabled sections go in and then the extra seats in Copland and Broomloan increase the capacity. Would be the best scenario available if they can feasibly do it.
Wouldn't the pitch need to be smaller if its lowrered otherwise I can imagine some seats wouldnt see the touchline

We have quite a wide run off compared to lots of other stadiums.

I’m guessing that some seats up the back of the club deck may become restricted view though
Yeah likely cause some areas to become restricted view.

The pitch being hybrid now would help with the fact it would get less sunlight.

I am looking forward to someone saying we cant do it due to the watertable and ignoring everything around us that is lower :D

A massive bug bearer of mines is coming along on matchday and looking up at copland and broomloan house. Both are massively wasted. Understand that there are office but club need to move these out of there and redevelop them into facilities. Gives the club huge opportunities to give more concourse space or in match retail areas/even further hospitality areas. It needs looked at and hopefully the club will have thoughts of creating a space where they can move these out and everything under 1 roof for TO, mygers, lotto/pools, Stadium tours, customer service etc.

Surely lowering the pitch makes another 4 rows at the back of club deck more restricted not including the current back crowd which would surely be even worse

Surely lowering the pitch makes another 4 rows at the back of club deck more restricted not including the current back crowd which would surely be even worse
The pitch would need to be moved towards the govan stand, that would help the sight lines from the club deck of the near side touchline

Effectively we would have a real bear pit where the seats would be as close to the players as UEFA regulations allow, it would be tremendous and probably bring our capacity up to around 56,000 if we do that and the cantilevers.

Was up at the Training Ground last week and the pitch the first team use with the blue fence around it is incredible. The mad thing is the pitch at Ibrox is even better. Well worth the money

Anyway, the blue perimeter/track around the main pitch is so much better than what’s at Ibrox. In the past we’ve tried to improve that but on the cheap. If we used what was up at the Training Centre it would make the stadium look so much better. It’s a much better shade of blue and stands out so much better.

I remember having a "moan" when the blue track at Ibrox was first shown and people on here were having a go saying it was perfect and not an issue.

It was 100% done on the cheap. Get it looking like Leicester's one...

It'd improve the look of Ibrox hugely.

I remember having a "moan" when the blue track at Ibrox was first shown and people on here were having a go saying it was perfect and not an issue.

It was 100% done on the cheap. Get it looking like Leicester's one...

It'd improve the look of Ibrox hugely.
Incorporate the various club badges over the years into it with the current badge either side of the dugouts.

The enclosure only became standing by default. Everywhere else was seated. Before the new stands were built the enclosures were the last place anyone would choose to go to. Nothings changed.

If we're going to do safe standing we have to do it right. That means a high profile location to let the world see our magnificent fans.

Dont be surprised to see tims on here pushing for the enclosures in an attempt to spoil what could be a magnificent addition to Ibrox.
Sorry to disagree, however I well remember being one of the many who would watch from the West Enclosure when we attacked the goal at the West Terracing, then walk along to the East Enclosure to watch us attack the goal at the Rangers End (usually) in the second half.
I can recall the Enclosure being generally well-populated, even when Ibrox attendances were low both pre and post redevelopment.
I think the Enclosure would be the perfect place for safe standing, I just don't understand this fixation with being high profile and putting on a show to attract the attention of others. I can only think this stems from a belief we have to be seen to be outdoing our chums from the East End, whom I don't believe should ever set the agenda for Rangers or the Rangers Support. I would also add the Green Brigade who've been allowed to takeover their safe standing area have proven to be a real embarrassment to their club - some of their banners and displays are a disgrace and should never have been allowed imo.
Perhaps safe standing should be introduced by the club for those who wish to stand to watch matches, not the for benefit of organised supporter groups to 'takeover' as their natural home within our Stadium.

Can we not fill in the other two corners and leave a tunnel for access/egress?
The way our main stand is built I dont think we can.

If we filled the west corner then loads wouldnt be able to see the broomloan goal and far-side corner flag and same for east corner/copland side.

The way our main stand is built I dont think we can.

If we filled the west corner then loads wouldnt be able to see the broomloan goal and far-side corner flag and same for east corner/copland side.
Yeah I see your point. It's a shame because we really do have the demand for a bigger capacity.

Back