Souttar

These weekly Souttar posts...

12947268524_878b7c3af4_w.jpg

Really starting to look forward to what the big lad has to offer in a Rangers jersey. Absolute unit and comfortable with the ball at feet as well.

I’m hesitant to get carried away because of his fitness, but I’d have no real issue with him and Goldson being out CB pairing providing he was fit.

But, I’m unsure whether he’ll be as good in Europe.

For me if he stays in condition and can take the strains of a season he becomes my preferred CD over all the others we have , and I’d be looking for people who can pair up on lhs with him

wouldn’t be averse to him playing central in a back three with another rugged quick guy on rhs either

Think we will sign at least one CB, a fit Souttar is an asset and one we missed badly this season, especially when Goldson was out for his spell

Said it previously, assuming we get a quality LCB in I think Goldsons name isn’t going to be first on the team sheet next year. Going to be good to have both available though, even allows us to move to a 3 with ease.

His ability has never been in doubt. If we keep him fit we have a really talented defender.

He's tremendous. Let's bring in a third centre back to rotate him with and keep him fit, because he's imperious at his best.

His ability has never been a question for me. The lad has had some terrible luck with injuries throughout his career that has probably hindered his progression as a footballer.

There is no doubt that if he can stay fit and healthy we have a very good centre half pairing in Souttar and Goldson.

I would be confident in them two being the pillar of a title winning team.

His ability has never been in question for me. If he keeps fit we have a top centre back that could challenge or play alongside goldson.

If we can keep him fit he'll be up there as one of the most solid CBs in this league currently.

Great ability, terrible luck with injuries, of we can manage him properly, he will be immense for us next season.

We has a thread at the start of the season about who would be the biggest surprise and he was my choice.

If he could stay fit, he would have been playing at a far higher level just now, much like his brother has done.

Hes a terrific player, he was at Hearts as well so it should not be much of a surprise.... i cant stop laughing when people without a clue start going on about how hes gonna struggle in the more important fixtures or that he might be ok as 4th or 5th choice. He is clearly our best defender now a cert 1st pick

If we can keep John for and healthy we have two cracking big sturdy centre halfs.

Would love Souttar and Goldson to form a solid partnership for a while season. Thats a title winning centre half pairing right there.

Please stay fit lads

Outstanding again today. Apart from the obvious mistake at the Piggery, John has been consistently good since return from injury.
Keep him fit, we have a good one.

I have no doubt it fit he's a real asset - get through a full pre season and hit the ground running next season

I still think we need to sign a first class centre half of goldson quality , especially with goldson injury and souttar history recently

Back