Souttar

He has been excellent of late, a real standout.
I made a point of watching him play against us last year in the cup final and thought he was man of the match to be honest.
He didn’t hit the ground running with us due to his poor brother’s situation and various injuries but if he keeps fit he will be brilliant for us.

Hes a terrific player, he was at Hearts as well so it should not be much of a surprise.... i cant stop laughing when people without a clue start going on about how hes gonna struggle in the more important fixtures or that he might be ok as 4th or 5th choice. He is clearly our best defender now a cert 1st pick

He has the things we want from a CH can defend, but is also comfortable on the ball and can make passes that we like.

Would like to have seen us this season with 2 fit CHs

Soapy played well today. Looks like bid goal v them done his confidence the world of good.
More if that next season please Big Soapy

If we can keep John for and healthy we have two cracking big sturdy centre halfs.

Would love Souttar and Goldson to form a solid partnership for a while season. Thats a title winning centre half pairing right there.

Please stay fit lads
The problevis that neither of them are comfortable at the left side of the defence, which causes problems, but big John had an excellent game today, MOTM for me.

Cruised it today. His ability has never been in question, the struggle is keeping him fit and available.

Really pleased for him. Awful start to his Rangers career but he’s looked really good since he came back in, apart from the one big mistake.

I do hope we sign a reliable LCB this window but Souttar will play plenty next year.

Really has been playing well and today we saw a faultless performance by not just him but his partner the other Big John .

Although of course it’s ‘just st mirren away’ that was Two big Johns doing it brilliantly today imo

Big man looks a class act stepping out from the back with the ball.

He’s quick over those first 5 to 10 yards when it does it and it’ll be an effective counter to other team’s press

The problevis that neither of them are comfortable at the left side of the defence, which causes problems, but big John had an excellent game today, MOTM for me.

That was the benefit of Helander. Natural left sided centre half.

Big man was a cracking big defender but again the Ibrox injury curse robbed us of another good signing.

Really has been playing well and today we saw a faultless performance by not just him but his partner the other Big John .

Although of course it’s ‘just st mirren away’ that was Two big Johns doing it brilliantly today imo

I think that’s 3 MOTM’s I’ve personally given him in the last few games.

Let’s hope he stays fit because he’s been excellent.

And to think of how many were quick to write him off after judging him within 2 games of returning from a long term injury.

Yes, His injuries are a big problem but he will be a big player for us who is more than good enough. For someone his size he is great with the ball at his feet.

Just posted on march thread, now he is fit, he's strolling the games. Was man of the match for me today. Better than big Davies in every department. Great to see for him, and for the club.

I wonder if Goldson is comfortable playing as the left centre back.

I certainly wouldn't be moving Souttar from where he is playing now.

I’m not at all surprised as his quality of defending and footballing where I have changed my view is he is quicker and aerially stronger than I had realised despite being a bit of a long term follower of him since he had to debut for the almost defunkt Dundee United all those seasons back .

I’m not sure if I was unfair or maybe his fitness and body strength was having an impact on these factors but no matter that he is looking very good .

Well done both Big John’s today they were excellent

Last edited:
I am developing a deep, platonic man-love for Souttar. He is rapidly developing into my favourite defender at the club, ahead of young Yilmaz.

Not saying he is the best defender at the club (don't want to be statted to death) but he is my favourite. His decision-making on when to step out with the ball or ping those long diagonals is just about spot on and I like a defender who doesn't wait for the ball to come on to him but attacks it.

I like to think that if he gets a run in the side, those brain farts we have that so often lead to goals, when everyone lets the ball bounce in the box, could become a thing of the past.

Excellent once again. If he can maintain his fitness I'd be more than happy with him partnering Goldson next season.

Back