What signings do you want?

MichaelBealeLoyal

It would be interesting to see what signings we all want.

For me, we need another #1, I've been impressed with McCrorie but after thinking McGloughlin would suffice last season, I'd rather we got another #1.

We need a CB, and if we sell Davies I'd say 2 although we want 1 top class defender, and then maybe a youngster. I like Souttar alot but the injury problems mean we can't rely on him as a starter all season.

We need another CM atleast. Probably 2 if Kamara leaves although I don't think it's a priority position.

I'd say we need 2 wingers. 1 top class 1 and maybe a younger prospect. I like Sakala and would keep him. He's effective. Matondo is utter dung. But the main winger we sign needs to chip in on goals.

And I'd say we need a top class striker and a number 3 striker as Colak should stay. I'd like us to play 2 up front but I've wanted that for years and it isn't happening. I know I'll get slaughtered for this but I'd take van veen as a 3rd choice.

What do you guys think?

Here we go again van Veen Shanklin & Nisbet. No, No & No.
Van veen for a 3rd choice would be fine. He's actually hit the post 2x against us that I can remember so a few inches closer to goal and he'd be top scorer. I'd take shankland as 3rd choice but not for the money hearts would want. And Nisbet? No chance, he's injury prone and a Tim. Keep him well away

Van veen for a 3rd choice would be fine. He's actually hit the post 2x against us that I can remember so a few inches closer to goal and he'd be top scorer. I'd take shankland as 3rd choice but not for the money hearts would want. And Nisbet? No chance, he's injury prone and a Tim. Keep him well away
We have Colak as third choice. If he hadnt been out for 15 games this season and had 5 or 6 games with little time coming back I think we would have been raving about his numbers. As it is he has 18 goals this season.
These player for Hearts Motherwell & Hibs are not playing against teams setting up with 9 or 10 men behind the ball every game therefore they have more space to play in making goals easier to come by.

Last edited:
We have Colak as third choice. If he hadnt been out for 15 games this season and had 5 or 6 games time coming back I think we would have been raving about his numbers. As it is he has 18 goals this season.
These player for Hearts Motherwell & Hibs are not playing against teams setting up with 9 or 10 men behind the ball every game therefore they have more space to play in making goals easier to come by.
With them stats I'd keep Colak as 2nd choice though and go for a decent 3rd choice. But we need to spend big on a top class main striker

Goalie
Left-sided CB
Left-back to compete with Ridvan (sell Borna)
2 strikers
2 wingers
Tillman

Also want to see at least 2 of the likes of Devine, Rice, Lyall, Lowry etc become regulars on the bench and get plenty of game time.
This

New GK
McCrorie
McLaughlin

Tav
Devine
Goldson
Souttar
Davies
New CB
Yilmaz
New LB

Raskin
Jack
Lundstram
Cantwell
Tillman
Lowry
Dowell
Lawrence
New CM

Matondo
Sakala
New LW
New RW

Colak
New ST
New ST

That's the squad I'd be looking for, all the new signings to be first pick (perhaps excluding Yilmaz).

That means we'd have the following departing

McGregor
Helander
Barisic
Arfield
Davis
Hagi
Kamara
Kent
Wright
Morelos
Roofe

New GK
McCrorie
McLaughlin

Tav
Devine
Goldson
Souttar
Davies
New CB
Yilmaz
New LB

Raskin
Jack
Lundstram
Cantwell
Tillman
Lowry
Dowell
Lawrence
New CM

Matondo
Sakala
New LW
New RW

Colak
New ST
New ST

That's the squad I'd be looking for, all the new signings to be first pick (perhaps excluding Yilmaz).

McGregor
Helander
Barisic
Arfield
Davis
Hagi
Kamara
Kent
Wright
Morelos
Roofe
Aye would be looking for similar myself. Apparently wrights away for 500k. I'd probs keep Hagi unless it's a choice between him and Tilman I'd go for Tilman

As a minimum:

GK
CB to replace Helander
CM
AM / Fwd that can play across the front 3
ST

Plus Dowell / Sterling that we assume is done.

That would give us a squad of:

New GK / McCrorie / McLaughlin
Tav / Sterling
Goldson / Souttar
New CB / King
Yilmaz / Barisic / (Sterling)

New CM / Jack / Rice
Raskin / Lundstrum / Kamara

New AM / Wright
Cantwell / Hagi / Dowell
Lawrence / Sakala

New ST / Colak / Roofe / (Sakala)

Squad of 27 there however there is plenty you could move on if possible;

Wright, Colak, Kamara, Roofe are not mainstays by any any stretch and you could add Hagi, Barisic and Lundstrum to the potential departures however there will be limits to what we can do.

Think we need to focus on our attack as I feel that’s where our problem is, defensive mistakes cost us points as the attack is so blunt.

For me, we need another #1, I've been impressed with McCrorie but after thinking McGloughlin would suffice last season, I'd rather we got another #1.

We need a CB, and if we sell Davies I'd say 2 although we want 1 top class defender, and then maybe a youngster. I like Souttar alot but the injury problems mean we can't rely on him as a starter all season.

We need another CM atleast. Probably 2 if Kamara leaves although I don't think it's a priority position.

I'd say we need 2 wingers. 1 top class 1 and maybe a younger prospect. I like Sakala and would keep him. He's effective. Matondo is utter dung. But the main winger we sign needs to chip in on goals.

And I'd say we need a top class striker and a number 3 striker as Colak should stay. I'd like us to play 2 up front but I've wanted that for years and it isn't happening. I know I'll get slaughtered for this but I'd take van veen as a 3rd choice.

What do you guys think?
We definitely want to sign two fast skilful strikers, Shankland isn’t skilful or fast. Great poacher as such, but we have better in Colak. We also need two wingers and a LCD and another CD. Another ACM would be good also. A GK is also a priority to battle McCrorie for number one.

So 8 new players needed.

Van Veen is pish and miles away from what we need.

MB seems to be going for big strong athletic types with decent technique, that’ll do me, you need power and pace to be half decent in europe

Europe’s a bonus. Let’s dominate Scotland first.

I do like the profile of the targets we’re after though.

New GK
McCrorie
McLaughlin

Tav
Devine
Goldson
Souttar
Davies
New CB
Yilmaz
New LB

Raskin
Jack
Lundstram
Cantwell
Tillman
Lowry
Dowell
Lawrence
New CM

Matondo
Sakala
New LW
New RW

Colak
New ST
New ST

McGregor
Helander
Barisic
Arfield
Davis
Hagi
Kamara
Kent
Wright
Morelos
Roofe
Not far off where I am except a RB to come in and replacing Davies and especially Matondo.

Strengthen the weakest positions.

1. Goalkeeper
2. Centre forward
3. Forward left
4. Forward right
5. Centre back

That’s for starting 11 players. A lot of money required, which we probably don’t have. More masterstrokes like Cantwell and Raskin required.

Butland, McCrorie
Tavernier, Sterling
Goldson, Souttar, Trusty, New LCB
Yilmaz, New LB
Raskin, Jack, Lundstram, Cifuentes
Cantwell, Dowell, Lawrence
New RW, Matondo
New LW, Sakala
x2 Strikers, Colak

Lowry ans King out on loans

If we could get a replacement for Lundstram I wouldn't be against that either

Piroe is the striker I want though

New GKs
New FBs
New CBs
New DMs
New CMs
New AMs
New RWs
New LWs
New CFs
New Manager
New Board
New Assistant Managers
New Academy coaches
New Physios
New strips
New Kitman
New Groundsmen (no strike that they've done well)
New Subs
New B Team
New Youth team
New standing section
New singing section
New pyro section
New Tea lady
New Hot dogs
New roof in the SJ

I'm bored now or I'd go on

New GKs
New FBs
New CBs
New DMs
New CMs
New AMs
New RWs
New LWs
New CFs
New Manager
New Board
New Assistant Managers
New Academy coaches
New Physios
New strips
New Kitman
New Groundsmen (no strike that they've done well)
New Subs
New B Team
New Youth team
New standing section
New singing section
New pyro section
New Tea lady
New Hot dogs
New roof in the SJ

I'm bored now or I'd go on
Sexist - New woman's team coaching staff and 11 new players

What do you guys think?
What do you consider 'top class'?

As a minimum:

GK
CB to replace Helander
CM
AM / Fwd that can play across the front 3
ST

Plus Dowell / Sterling that we assume is done.

That would give us a squad of:

New GK / McCrorie / McLaughlin
Tav / Sterling
Goldson / Souttar
New CB / King
Yilmaz / Barisic / (Sterling)

New CM / Jack / Rice
Raskin / Lundstrum / Kamara

New AM / Wright
Cantwell / Hagi / Dowell
Lawrence / Sakala

New ST / Colak / Roofe / (Sakala)

Squad of 27 there however there is plenty you could move on if possible;

Wright, Colak, Kamara, Roofe are not mainstays by any any stretch and you could add Hagi, Barisic and Lundstrum to the potential departures however there will be limits to what we can do.

Think we need to focus on our attack as I feel that’s where our problem is, defensive mistakes cost us points as the attack is so blunt.
Can't see both McCrorie and McLaughlin staying. Neither of them will want to be 3rd choice keeper. Assuming the keeper we buy will be brought in as our no.1.

Goalie, left back and striker is priority for me.

I also would like to see us use Devine more as back up to Tav, and if we aren’t going to do that, then a new RB would be handy too.

What is your budget, transfer fee and weeklybwages?

How yiu measuring your top class CH?
You'll need to ask the board about that. If the poster earlier with wages was accurate though we're saving 10 million a year with the 5 that left. That's plenty to get a striker better than Colak and a CB as good or better than Goldson

Johnny Evans is available on a free
Davie Weir was signed by Walter Smith when he was 37 years old and was a success. Johnny Evans is 35 years old, a well experienced English premiership and international player. He could do a job for us even as a back up CB due to the injuries our CB's seem to endure.

Back