Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Mr Beale being in Italy speaking to players and possibly a striker. Could it have been Boulaye Dia from Salernitana. He is currently on loan from Villarreal and has had a good season being 3rd top scorer in Serie A.
No chance I’m afraid. He’s going to go for £15 to £20m. Salernitana can buy him for about £10m and they’re going to immediately sell him on for profit.

Y
I'd keep him and sakala and take one more punt on roofe. Even just until January to see if we can somehow miraculously get him fit. If we can we've got some player. Would hate to see him leave us for pennies then go somewhere else and end up fit and doing great. I know it's not very likely but I'd take another chance on roofe. Sign two quality new strikers and let them all fight it out.
You're the eternal optimist mate, bet you have a wardrobe full of shirts that you might wear someday B-)

With Mr Beale being in Italy speaking to players and possibly a striker. Could it have been Boulaye Dia from Salernitana. He is currently on loan from Villarreal and has had a good season being 3rd top scorer in Serie A.

Salernitana are exercising their option to buy for €12m (per Fabrizio Romano).

Conor Coady available for £4.5m

Must be worth a punt. Exactly the kind of centre-half we're crying out for
Is it? How capable is he of playing on the half way line? He has played for defensive teams the majority of his career and has found the most success in a 3. He’d probably be decent enough but would like to see us do better. Does have intangibles which are valuable right enough, such as his leadership.

I just love how Beales trips kick off the mad speculation regarding signings.
He is in Rome so it could be A,B,C or he is on a flight to London we could be signing D,E,F. To be honest he could be meeting any player from any country in these locations. Easy meeting points for major flight hubs.
Good laugh, and still many weeks to go as the Window is just opening.

I just love how Beales trips kick off the mad speculation regarding signings.
He is in Rome so it could be A,B,C or he is on a flight to London we could be signing D,E,F. To be honest he could be meeting any player from any country in these locations. Easy meeting points for major flight hubs.
Good laugh, and still many weeks to go as the Window is just opening.
Well it is a rumour thread so mad speculation is part of the excitment.

Top goalscorer in Europa Conference league last season with 10 goals.
Dutch league top goalscorer 19/20.

2016/17 NAC Breda 29 goals in 40(13 assists)
2017-2019 Utrecht 19 goals in 56 (7 assists)
2019/20 Heracles 18 goals in 29 (6 assists)
2020/21 Genk 11 goals in 43 (6 assists)
21/22 Feyenoord 20 goals in 41 (4 assists)
22/23 Cremonese 7 goals in 29 (2 assist)

At the level he is playing at and his all round game, not sure we are going to get someone with a much better record.

What also stands out is his number of assists, he is an all round striker, not just a goalscorer.
I’m all in for this one! From what I’ve seen he ooks like he creates an awful lot of chances for himself as well as others. He’s a real handful and a tailor made replacement for Morelos.

I like Connor Coady and think he’d be great if we were to go to a back 3 but I can’t see him wanting to leave English football, much less take a wage cut.

Think he’s got 3 years left (signed 3.5 years) but don’t think it was ever made official? Just a guess.

One of they weird things we seemed to do for a while. Not sure if Ross Wilson or not but last few signings have been clear on contract thankfully!

if we decide to sell sakala and/or colak this window we would be looking for around £2-3million for each of them imo, no way they leave for pennies.

I dont see us actively trying to sell sakala given his numbers, a great option from the bench or in easier/cup games etc.

colak I think 80/20 he moves on.

Sakala is a very good option when teams come on to us and there's space for him to utilise his pace on the counter.

Perfect recent examples being Easter Rd and celtic at Ibrox.

Would be a very good signing.

Another player I seen out of contract was Chris Smalling. He would be a class signing for us even at 33. Imagine him and Goldson at CB.

Coady and Smalling would cost too much in wages though.
Dunno where you got your info but Smalling signed a new two year contract with Roma in April on £60,000 a week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back