Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm honest of course I would have liked Davies shipped out and a replacement bought but we were never just adding another CB to the squad imo.
I'm not going to get worked up about something out with my control.
I'll back the team and manager as is and I believe a lot of the wrath on here is from folks who just don't want Beale as manager.
Imo of course;)
I know there was a lot of talk about Davies leaving but I never got the impression he wanted to leave and maybe he likes life here. As you say, can’t get worked up about something we can do nothing about.

Now that Davies is staying for 6 months to a year, why can’t we get him bulked up a bit to make him more suitable for the rough and tumble of SPL.

The Polish RB we just sold bulked up big time. Even Ridvan who is built like a dead chip but some beef on, so why not Davies.

Last Summer we thought we could get away with McLaughlin as other areas were prioritised.

It feels a little similar this time with the defence - just one more season. Hopefully it works out better that the ‘keeper situation.

The biggest point is the size of the squad. Again, Beale’s rhetoric doesn’t match the outcome. This is not a leaner squad.

When it comes to game day, there will be significant money not even on the bench.

Serious question - what the f*ck does the net spend have to do with backing?

If we have spent £12m then Beale has been backed to the tune of £12m.
I totally disagree, net spend is very important.

There is plenty on here saying we haven’t improved the starting 11, with 5 main players leaving for free and the £12M in sales, I’m not sure how you are meant to improve the team with just £14M.

It’s just not enough in the circumstances this summer when we needed a major rebuild of the squad and that is before we get to whether or not Beale has spent it wisely.

Quick observation. Did people not say we would have to sell Barasic and Lundstram this summer to save them walking for free . So now that’s going to happen that’s another 2 players we could have got feea for leaving for zilch
I think over his tenure BB has been a good servant to Rangers and he only cost 1.5M iirc. If he leaves next summer, we’ll save a decent wage. I personally think that if Ridvan was fit and fulfilling his potential, we may have cashed in on BB, even if it was to recoup transfer fee. The time to sell him for a decent profit has come and gone and since Ridvan has been injured for 70% of his career so far, it made no sense in getting rid of BB. I’m not sure there were any decent bids for him for us to turn down in the summer.

Lundstram is a different story, if he leaves next summer, we save a huge wage that we could use for a better replacement if we use the Bosman market wisely.

I wouldn’t offer JL a new contract tbh. A better option can be sourced elsewhere imo.

An injury prone defence that wasn’t good enough last season…

Our answer this season …… an 35yr old, injury prone Leon Balogun.

I’m not even sure the happy clappers could turn that into an acceptable outcome.

A CB, LB and good no. 6 is what we’ve needed for umpteen windows. Still we await these positions being addressed. It’s no wonder our trophy haul has been abysmal in recent years.
Serious question that probably displays my ignorance of what numbers play where but is Raskin a 6?

R.225cf320fac06ff236951263477d636f

Any word on Kamara?

Edit: googled it.

Now that the deal is done. I don't see him coming back from his performance dip. If he couldn't do it for us, he's not suddenly going to for Leeds. I assume the deal is very little up front with triggers based on games played, wins, etc.

Last edited:
So we’re they also going through a full rebuild? After winning a treble? Our back 4 hasn’t changed at all.
Again, the amount they sign is totally irrelevant.

At the start of the summer how many players did you realistically think we were going to sign?

9 is a big turnover in anyone’s book. It just wasn’t possible to replace the entire squad in one go, that was never going to happen.

You can question why we haven’t bought another defender or two, absolutely, but in terms of cash spent and numbers brought in, 9, and just shy of £15million is probably about as much as we could afford.

It’s now up to the manager, he decided who we signed, and he will live or die by his choices

At the start of the summer how many players did you realistically think we were going to sign?

9 is a big turnover in anyone’s book. It just wasn’t possible to replace the entire squad in one go, that was never going to happen.

You can question why we haven’t bought another defender or two, absolutely, but in terms of cash spent and numbers brought in, 9, and just shy of £15million is probably about as much as we could afford.

It’s now up to the manager, he decided who we signed, and he will live or die by his choices
2 signings which go in to the team would go a long way to making the team a lot different, provided we recruited correctly. We needed those at a minimum - I expected double figures (11/12). That’s what the team required. We have unfortunately also recruited 3 forwards and looks like only one of them will play at any given time, certainly domestically. We had ~ 10 million worth of new signings on the bench in a huge game worth a lot of money, we can’t afford that. Window has been nowhere near it so far in terms of quality or quantity.

2 signings which go in to the team would go a long way to making the team a lot different, provided we recruited correctly. We needed those at a minimum - I expected double figures (11/12). That’s what the team required. We have unfortunately also recruited 3 forwards and looks like only one of them will play at any given time, certainly domestically. We had ~ 10 million worth of new signings on the bench in a huge game worth a lot of money, we can’t afford that. Window has been nowhere near it so far in terms of quality or quantity.
Hopefully we have a couple of pre contracts lined up for jan that we can try and pay an extra bit for in the winter window

We need a DoF/Sporting Director. It's arrogance on our part to think we've got it right and everyone else has it wrong.

The summer has proven that the idea we throw this job lot into the managers lap cannot be allowed again. Lammers signed because he was looked at 5 years ago and Beale saw him play against Chelsea u18s or something. Beale doesn't get his first choice LCB so he just doesn't bother going for an alternative.

We either act like a big club or stop kidding ourselves we are one
Said this already the fact we haven't a proper dof/ sporting director of very good calibre is utter money pinching and negligence we are already paying for it ...

We have only spent 5 million how ca you spend 5 million Ll it a rebuild?

Said this already the fact we haven't a proper dof/ sporting director of very good calibre is utter money pinching and negligence we are already paying for it ...
It also sounds like Beale has had a say in that decision which is madness. The last time we let an unproven manager loose unhindered in a summer rebuild ended hideously so you’d think we’d have learned.

Any word on Kamara?

Edit: googled it.

Now that the deal is done. I don't see him coming back from his performance dip. If he couldn't do it for us, he's not suddenly going to for Leeds. I assume the deal is very little up front with triggers based on games played, wins, etc.
Why do you assume that?

Whys it always the folk with sub-300 posts with this shit.

I just cant wait until the January window to start this thread again.
Surely by then we will have big Harry and Davies will be sold for just under a million.
Congratulations to all who read and joined in this thread and never fear by Christmas we will be a dozen points ahead in the league with what we have now. Keep the faith.

An opinion, we’re all allowed one. I’m saying it’s a factor, not the sole reason for our success.
I agree mate. The difference in fan pressure clearly affected our form. It was anomalous to a degree that can’t really be overlooked. We were nothing like it the season before or after.

Last Summer we thought we could get away with McLaughlin as other areas were prioritised.

It feels a little similar this time with the defence - just one more season. Hopefully it works out better that the ‘keeper situation.

The biggest point is the size of the squad. Again, Beale’s rhetoric doesn’t match the outcome. This is not a leaner squad.

When it comes to game day, there will be significant money not even on the bench.

One more. Aye right. It will be similar next season.

Tavernier and Goldson are here until 2026. I’d put my money on us offering Barišić a new contract..

Lundstram and Jack too in midfield.

I agree mate. The difference in fan pressure clearly affected our form. It was anomalous to a degree that can’t really be overlooked. We were nothing like it the season before or after.
The year before, we were dropping so many needles points - especially at home - I remember the Hamilton game particularly and our home form was poor also before Gerrard left for Villa. Like you said, it was anomalous to a degree and you can’t put an exact value on a factor that we all witnessed.

Pointing that out to some folks on here had me a closet tim.

The tims said it was the sole factor in our success which I don’t agree with one bit; like you could fluke being unbeaten :)

so when your wife buys a pair of £600 shoes the same day as your £600 wages come in, do you just say "its fine weve technically spent %^*& all"
Terrible analogy. It should be if his wife buys a pair for £600 and sells a pair for £600. We sold assets, we didn't use income. Unless we gave the players away for free and used the ticket entrance fees on the incoming players. But we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back