No-one cares about Manchester City?

No one cares? What a roaster. Their potential treble has been discussed for months now constantly in all forms of media.

Whilst there may have been better match ups in recent champions league finals, I cant wait to watch it this weekend. There's so much on the line, if City win a historic treble the history books awaits. But imagine they lose? 2 final defeats for peps city team, pep himself 12 years since he last won it. City may well never get a better chance at winning it - imagine the fallout if they get beat?

No feelings towards either team, but can't wait.

I suspect if any oil nation or state decided to buy Rangers and poured money into the club not many supporters would care.
Same for the supporters of the clubs mentioned.
The WC will very likely go to the Saudis 2030.
Messi Benzema and Ronaldo all shortly will play there.

Sport is full of hypocrisy such as flat horse racing industry in UK which would collapse without Arab state funding.
Golf has just caved to the Arab buck.
Boxing with all the mega fights now very likely to end up there.

Football is not unique.
That’s the reality and Man City are no different from other teams and other sports.

I suspect if any oil nation or state decided to buy Rangers and poured money into the club not many supporters would care.

Sport is full of hypocrisy such as flat horse racing industry in UK which would collapse with Arab state funding.

Football is not unique.
That’s the reality and Man City are no different from other teams and other sports.
Thought messi was off to the mls?

The detailed weekly analysis we get on their fans on here suggests someone cares about them. The final on Saturday should be fun too, 100 pages on how bad their support is with a little bit of commentary on the game thrown in every now and then.

United fans will care too, they’ll be shitting themselves this City side will be looked upon more favourably than their treble winning side.

It’s jealousy. People pretending it’s human rights issues, it’s oil money blah blah blah.

It’s jealousy, jealous it’s not their club, just admit it.

Its embarrassing trying to pretend otherwise, there’s club all over the world who are dodgy or being abused by owners but they don’t get a moments thought because they aren’t at the elite level

Sport is full of hypocrisy such as flat horse racing industry in UK which would collapse without Arab state funding.

Football is not unique.
This right here, people get all uppity but if some Saudi prince came and pumped hundreds of millions into your team supporters wouldn't give a toss if they were killing gay people or stoning women. It's all hypocrisy and jealousy

Been talking with a mate who is flying out there tomorrow to see it, season ticket holder on their UEFA scheme but got his ticket through the supporters club he is in. Have the impression it's been pretty straight forward to get a ticket if you go City regular:

Been interesting to see the breakdown of this:

Ticketing information

The Club has received an allocation of 19,926 tickets, including 79 wheelchair bays and a number of tickets for ambulant supporters.
From this allocation, the following groups will receive tickets for this match:

• Season Ticket Members
  • Seasonal Hospitality Members
  • Owner
  • Board of Directors
  • Football Management
  • Players
  • Club Officials and Staff
  • Former Players
  • Club Partners
  • Official Manchester City Supporters Clubs

This right here, people get all uppity but if some Saudi prince came and pumped hundreds of millions into your team supporters wouldn't give a toss if they were killing gay people or stoning women. It's all hypocrisy and jealousy

I think we've danced this dance before, but you're speaking for yourself here.
I wouldn't want the Saudis or any other ME Emirate taking over Rangers, whether they bought us success or not.
We need to draw a line in the sand (pun sorry) as to who we are and what we stand for.
The EPL has become a farce, whoring themselves to any despot out there.
Had we won the EL it would have meant more to our fan base than any baubles bought with authoritarian dictators billionaires. I'd rather we had Rangers men with standards at the helm.

No idea what the viewings figures were for the FA Cup Final but i reckon most folk tuning in who didnt have an allegiance to either club, were wanting to watch the best football team on the planet at the moment. (Not Utd by the way)

Cant wait until Saturdays game and hope for a City win.

Its a tough one, isnt it. I know i've complained in the past about the same teams winning all the time and Man City winning the champions league (or anything) would have been unthinkable 20 years ago so it should be something people like me welcome.

But it does just seem soulless. I guess for me its where the money comes from because i didnt have a problem about Blackburn winning the league.

It cant be denied though that Man City play wonderful football, must be a joy watching that every week if they are your local club.

No because that would be a preposterous comparison.

That kind of money, over long enough time certainly will and does as we are seeing.
Why would it be preposterous? Man City have spent less than Chelsea recently. Chelsea finished 12th this season. 6th best team in London!

Our spend relative to the Ross Counties of our league is way way higher than man City's to their competition.

You're basically talking nonsense

I hope they do it, best team in Europe this season. Their form since the defeat to Tottenham at the start of February has been sensational.

A squad on the top of their game with a fantastic manager.

Do I support Manchester City, no.

I don't think any team that is as dominant as them is ever loved. Neutrals tend to want drama & competition.

Some clubs capture a romanticism of the game for some neutrals, like Real or AC Milan but City don't have that same history in Europe.

If City had come from nowhere through endeavour and hard graft rather than employing the best manager in the world and going after the best talent with an open chequebook things might be different.

Again that view is slightly unfair because City did claw their way back up the divisions when Qatar was something you coughed up.

The lack of passion from their fans is what I dont like about them, hate seeing in football moments when you should see absolute limbs in the stands and then you have man city fans gently clapping as if they've just won a friendly... They don't deserve how good their team is IMO plus the way in which they play by completely suffocating other teams with their sheer power and athetisism is very boring to watch.

Back