If you were Steven Gerrard

Which job would you take?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ForGodForCountryForever

He has held talks with Leeds and the hot take is this has led Leicester to ramping up their own interest in offering him a job before he takes something else.

A Manager is always going to prefer taking a new role pre-season for the obvs and both these Clubs offer similar potential for quick returns to the EPL.

Leicester would be a better career move, Leeds would be closer to his house and he could probably be home every night.

Leicester's owners seem a more sensible lot who will learn from this year.

Leeds track record on that front is abysmal.

Leicester have more assets to sell I feel and reinvest. They have a striker that will potentially lead the line well.

They also have a squad that outside bigger assets they could keep a hold of as a basis for next season. I think they have players more suited for the Championship.

Firstly I'm not a Mhank, its not my first post and I don't have any inside information. But what would be your thoughts if they approached him and he took the role?
Did you his reaction to scoring against them in a charity match, he wouldn’t answer the phone to them.
As for them, their reaction to him says Liewell doesn’t even contemplate it.

Both appealing but I’d take the Leeds job tbh. A proper support and a chance to build a team, gain promotion and then go at premiership again.

Reactions: TQ3
Did you his reaction to scoring against them in a charity match, he wouldn’t answer the phone to them.
As for them, their reaction to him says Liewell doesn’t even contemplate it.
Mate I agree with you but I'm also old enough to remember Mo Jo. hence my question...

Leicester's owners seem a more sensible lot who will learn from this year.

Leeds track record on that front is abysmal.

Leicester have more assets to sell I feel and reinvest. They have a striker that will potentially lead the line well.

They also have a squad that outside bigger assets they could keep a hold of as a basis for next season. I think they have players more suited for the Championship.
I’m not so sure about Leicester, I read or heard recently that the son hates going to home games now as it is where his father died. I think he could be tempted to sell them now they are back in the championship. He certainly didn’t spend any money last season with Rodger’s, and Rodgers accepted it, much like he would have accepted his pay off.
I think the only attachment Leeds could have is they both hate Man Utd, but Yorkshire folk aren’t known for their love of Scousers either.

Leicester seem far more stable. But returning Leeds to a perennial European team would be far more rewarding.

Depends how confident he is in his ability

Of the 2 then Leicester. A bad start to the season and you'd be fired from Leeds by Xmas time. I'd expect a bit more patience from the Leicester board and fans.

I think he will enjoy the challenge of Leeds more as he loves passionate fans.
I think he would do enough to get them in the playoffs at least.
However, the fans at Elland Road are not the most patient.
And apparently the Leeds players don’t want him either.
Having said that, Gerrard never shies away from a challenge

Off topic but does anyone find it a bit strange that for how 'active' Gerrard is on social media nowadays it was odd he didn't put anything up congratulating Michael Beale when he got the job?

Leeds. More the fact that Leicester are going to be struggling for the near future financially & going to need a big sale of their top players.

Reactions: TQ3
Leeds have the most potential for being the right fit, at this time, for him.

Think there's a good chance he'd be relatively successful at Leicester as well, but I think the Leeds job suits him the best out of the 3.

Because as an adult and not a 12 year old addicted to social media, he probably phoned or text Beale directly to congratulate him

Does that explain why he posted a congratulatory message on social media to Xabi Alonso when he got the Leverkusen job or Daniel Agger when it was announced he was manager of HB Koge?

Wouldn't touch Leeds with a bargepole. Any manager going there is on a hiding to nothing with their crowd.

Their support has a weird unheatlhy obsession with Bielsa. Everytime something goes wrong they're greeting in public for him to come back.

He's one bad decision away from being cast into the managerial wilderness. He had a free hit with us; viewed from down south anyway. If he'd failed, it would have been looked upon as taking over a basket case of a side (which we were at that time) and it wouldn't have done much reputational damage. A lot of the credit he built with us was lost at Villa, particularly with the turnaround Emery produced with much the same group of players. He gets it wrong again and he'll find it hard to be considered for high profile jobs in England. I think he'd be best trying his hand abroad, but he seems not to want to stray too far from home!

Feet up n baws sucked for the rest of my days
That’s what I would be doing but I think he knows that regardless to what any poster says on here, he is guaranteed the Liverpool job in the next 3-5 years.

Maybe he could take Leeds and get them promoted, Leicester is a danger job IMO but Leeds…..

I’m always inclined to say Leeds as they’re a massive club.
Leicester though need completely gutted the way we did when he came in.

However, Leeds would be best for him.

That’s what I would be doing but I think he knows that regardless to what any poster says on here, he is guaranteed the Liverpool job in the next 3-5 years.

Maybe he could take Leeds and get them promoted, Leicester is a danger job IMO but Leeds…..
Imo he’s not guaranteed the Liverpool job at all

The absolute mess he made of it at Villa nearing relegation with a squad that’s now in Europe is probably enough to rule him out of it

Liverpool won’t make the same mistake Chelsea did with Lampard in giving him the job purely because he is a legend there

No where near good enough atm and I don’t think he’ll gain enough experience in the next few years to be the Liverpool manager having a stint at Leeds or Leicester certainly isn’t going to be enough on the Cv

Pep Ljinders a lot more likely to take that seat

Leeds is a poisoned chalice and big clear out due to relegation.
Leicester losing Tielemans, Barnes, Madison.
Big job getting out of Championship.

I'd wait for something else tbh.

Leeds are a big club. Not sure what's weird about them.

Do big clubs spend 16 years in their countires second league?

They are weird in that they have Aberdeen energy in that they appear to treat sides who are on another planet to them like they are their serious competition.

I would expect they would hold Gerrard playing for Liverpool against him even though the two sides are miles apart

Back