Steve Davis and Kevin Thomson

No idea if true or not but if we’re not going to go out and scout the very best coaches from across the world (which we should be doing IMO) then two very recent ex-players that strike me as more thoughtful than most is as good an option as any!

If they are actually running it they will require good admin staff supporting them to get their ideas put into action.

Where we are in the food chain I’m a big advocate of a Liverpool boot room style so makes sense to me.

Why is KT so highly regarded as a coach and if he is why has nobody ever offered him a decent job?

Not a dig in any regard but an honest question.
Probs because you get clubs like Dundee Utd watch Aberdeen sack their manager after losing to a non league team and think that’s the very man for us , most appointments in this country have no ambition and are managers who have failed elsewhere, bizarre

Probs because you get clubs like Dundee Utd watch Aberdeen sack their manager after losing to a non league team and think that’s the very man for us , most appointments in this country have no ambition and are managers who have failed elsewhere, bizarre
Exactly this, it seems to be the same cycle of abject failures that have done the rounds for what feels like decades in Scotland.

Why is KT so highly regarded as a coach and if he is why has nobody ever offered him a decent job?

He said in a recent interview that the clubs in Scotland tend to employ a ‘safe pair of hands’ , which means, ostensibly, but not by his exact words, utter dross. They won’t employ a relatively young man as KT is because they tend to try to protect their position, rather than try to become better. I for one would love KT back under our fold. And I think he’ll do well for us.

Not sure on his coaching, but heard he’s high maintenance and very demanding of the board. (Rightly or wrongly - hence why part time football wasn’t for him).

No doubt the Football Manager playing experts & self loathers will tell you that it's "Jobs for the boys" etc etc...

Anyone with half a brain (Let alone a Footballing brain) would look to his experience working in our academy & the fact he took Kelty Hearts to League 2 at the age of 36/37 & come to the conclusion that it's a no brainer.

He's boring & repetitive on RTV though apparently so it'll never work.

Jobs for the boys.

KT has the personality of a beige cardigan.
I get that through commentary but have you ever spoken to him personally? I’ve met him a good few times, he lives round the corner from me.
I’m not saying we are acquaintances, far from it, I’ve met him in general life situations, but we have a chat about general football on the occasions our paths meet, he has told me he loves Rangers and would love to do a job for us. He seems very passionate to me, particularly about Rangers.

What level of badges has Davis done?

Not too sure on KT coming back either tbh. Certainly wouldn't have either of them in Mulholland's role anyway.

That's why I actually applauded Hearts for going with Naismith, far too many failed managers keep getting jobs.

I don't want to take the credit but I can't remember the poster who said it. It a poster replied to a similar question of mines and suggested that KT has said himself that Scottish Football is jobs for the boys stuff.

I'm not convinced that's the whole picture but cam believe it's a big part of it.

The poster was on speaking terms with KT if I remember.

Cant understand the objection to be honest if this is true

If i was a young bear and had Davis and KT as my leaders, id run through brick walls to impress them

Who knows better than them what it takes to run out for Rangers and our standards

Back