Match Thread Norway 1-2 Scotland - Final result

I really don't get the hate.I'm Scottish and I want my country to do well.Do I support England and Wales...no.I just don't care.
I don't get the Scotland hate and yes I'm Scottish,Glaswegian and protestant.%^*& you your not taking my nation from me.
I'm obviously staunch Highlander, but I also have an England top. It's not black or white. I'm proud to be a reservist in the forces and have met English people that has more in common with me than some Scottish people. This "staunch" attitude that Scotland is bad is depressing. Scottish people were and continue to be a major part of the union.

You can be a Loyalist and proud Scotsman.

Last edited:
If you are anything but ecstatic over our national team’s performance today, I do actually feel sorry for you.
Never saw the game and had to look twice when i saw that result.
I hate everything about the national side, i despise the skirt swirling fans and Scottish nationalists.
The horizon changed in 2012 and a line was drawn.
I feel sorry for those who consider themselves a Rangers supporter but stay on the other side of the line with our enemies.

I hate everything about the national side, i despise the skirt swirling fans and Scottish nationalists.
I feel sorry for those who consider themselves a Rangers supporter but stay on the other side of the line with our enemies.

I wear my Mackay tartan with pride, the clan who actually were aligned with the crown and actually sent some fighters to the Boyne.
I feel sorry for your ignorance.

I am a Rangers ST holder, a loyalist and a unionist. I am also Scottish and want Scotland to win. I don't consider myself an enemy of Rangers. I feel sorry for brain dead idiots like yourself who haven't got the mental wherewithal to do anything other than parrot a ridiculous irrationality they were told down the pub years ago and can't get out of their head.

Ryan Jack came through unscathed.
A bit of luck for Scotland and if they win the next match a great end to the Scottish season.
Smile and be happy.

Far and away the largest support of any Scottish club has the largest percentage of Scotland supporters. Shouldn’t be that much of a surprise.
I'm surprised that's still the case tbh. Anywhere I've worked since leaving school 15 years ago has had more them than us, sometimes even as much as 2:1 in favour of them.

At least 5 on my shift who's dad's were Rangers fans as well.

I went to every Scotland home game from 1978 to 1989, been at very few since mainly because Rangers became the most important "football' part of my life.
A Scotland defeat doesn't bother me anywhere near a Rangers one, but I still want to see them win. I don't get the hate the national team gets on here though.

Hahahahahahahahahaha biggest piece of trash I’ve heard on this forum and I’ve seen a few share of idiotic ones

I am a Rangers ST holder, a loyalist and a unionist. I am also Scottish and want Scotland to win. I don't consider myself an enemy of Rangers. I feel sorry for brain dead idiots like yourself who haven't got the mental wherewithal to do anything other than parrot a ridiculous irrationality they were told down the pub years ago and can't get out of their head.
You make a lot of sense there.
FFS go to your bed.

Just seen the whole game proud to be Scottish (even though l was born in England and moved up a few years later). Amazing result when the boys put on the Scottish National shirt l don’t care what religion, background, or creed they are aslong as we get the job done ✔️

He’ll be one of those guys that rages when Rangers players bless themselves. It’s 2023 who gives a fvck about any religion.
Word to the wise or unwise as the case may be, I don’t give two fcuks about Rangers players blessing themselves as long as they try and play for the jersey.

As soon as they pull on said jersey, every player gets my full support and as long as they don’t go through the motions picking up dough for doing precious little, and I’ll defend the club’s policy to sign whomever regardless of creed or colour.

My point was the Scotland team is predominantly made up of a certain demographic which doesn’t reflect the country as a whole and I put that solely down to the man who picks the squad and the team.

Secularism is here to stay, but take your eye off the ball at your peril because as ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Word to the wise or unwise as the case may be, I don’t give two fcuks about Rangers players blessing themselves as long as they try and play for the jersey.

As soon as they pull on said jersey, every player gets my full support and as long as they don’t go through the motions picking up dough for doing precious little, and I’ll defend the club’s policy to sign whomever regardless of creed or colour.

My point was the Scotland team is predominantly made up of a certain demographic which doesn’t reflect the country as a whole and I put that solely down to the man who picks the squad and the team.

Secularism is here to stay, but take your eye off the ball at your peril because as ye sow, so shall ye reap.
The match winner was scored by a proddy

No offence mate, but that's some backwards thinking.

I'll never sing about McGinn but I'd always want to see my country win. But that's more because of he has played for,not his religion.

Religion belongs in the dark ages. Do you want a more Presbyterian representation in our Rangers line up or do you want us to win?
Please don’t conflate Rangers with presbyterian, or more accurately, non RC representation in a Scotland team.

And btw I wouldn’t care to tell you how to think and whilst I don’t take personal offence to your chastisement, I certainly think that you are wide of the mark in dismissing it as ‘backwards thinking’.

For what it’s worth I don’t mind John McGinn per se. At least he saw the bigger picture and went down south.

Please don’t conflate Rangers with presbyterian, or more accurately, non RC representation in a Scotland team.

And btw I wouldn’t care to tell you how to think and whilst I don’t take personal offence to your chastisement, I certainly think that you are wide of the mark in dismissing it as ‘backwards thinking’.

For what it’s worth I don’t mind John McGinn per se. At least he saw the bigger picture and went down south.

It is backwards thinking. Religion is the most meaningless thing and the biggest cause of grief in the world. Fascists and terrorists have been defeated while people of all religions have fought together putting that shit behind them. Most of the Belfast unit I trained with 3 years ago were Catholic. My Colour Sgt, from cork, was Catholic.
I was amazed at the time, but thats a little thing called progress.

Did you read my initial post? Judging by your comments, obviously not.
I did and you don’t want the best players picked regardless of religion, you want proddies picked because you’re a prod. And now you’re on ignore.

“I’ll no tune in to support them until some proper Presbyterian representation is reflected in the line up”

Gob
That starting eleven reads like an archdiocese select with a couple of non-believers thrown in for appearances sake.

I’m glad they won but I’ll no tune in to support them until some proper Presbyterian representation is reflected in the line up. And before anyone mentions it, at least a bluenose scored the winner and a peach at that.
Go and get a life ffs.

See this posted all the time on here. Anything to back it up?

I know next to no bears that follow the NT, hence why I'm struggling to believe that.
Yes. There is an actual survey, produced by the sfa. The results were published. It was posted on the spain thread too

The current national set up is a pretty good reflection of the country. A mixture of faiths (or lack of), an immigrant, the biggest supporting club in the country having the most fans following scotland, an extremely small minority disliking rangers, a team of more modern thinking players etc.

For those who dont follow because of a preconceived notion that you cant, dont let a handful of idiots ruin it for u. You dont do that with your club. Scotland games are brilliant, I honestly think folk are missing out.

Brilliant result for the nation. Still time to %^*& it up but hopefully not. Let's hope Souttar and Jack start the season fit!

A lot more Scotland fans around than ones affiliated to a supporters club.
Also relies on truthful responses, could easily be sheep fans putting rangers down for a laugh
Why would they do that? Genuinely, why would they want it to look like their national team was predominantly bears? Its much easier to just accept it as truth mate, despite the fact it flies in the face of what some bears believe

And it wasn’t’a supporters club, it was all members if the SSC, as in everyone who signs up and buys tickets. Not really a fairer way to do it.

Back