Match Thread Norway 1-2 Scotland - Final result

The cities have been released. Il book hamburg, because it’s mental, and just source a train from their when it’s inevitably the wrong place lol
I’m waiting until after Tuesday to start looking. Don’t want to jinx it, still have scars from Georgia away in 2007.
Georgia have only lost 1 game in their last 15. They have also now played in Cyprus and gained good results.

Dont book anything yet, there’s still a very strong possibility that they and not Norway will beat us into second place.

Last edited:
Georgia have only lost 1 game in their last 15. They have also now played away in Oslo and Cyprus and gained good results.

Dont book anything yet, there’s still a very strong possibility that they and not Norway will beat us into second place.
I dont see it mate. A result again them on Tuesday will secure it. They wont beat Norway and still have to play spain twice in which they will obtain hee haw points

I dont see it mate. A result again them on Tuesday will secure it. They wont beat Norway and still have to play spain twice in which they will obtain hee haw points
If they beat us on Tuesday, they will only be 2 points behind us and they will have played there away games and only one at home.They would become favourites for second, with games against Norway, Cyprus and ourselves still to come.

It is absolutely vital we take at least a draw on Tuesday worst case. I most certainly wouldn’t be booking anything yet, this is Scotland and we have numerous instances of screwing things up.

Georgia recent form is outstanding. Underestimate them out our peril.

Last edited:
You've not really been on here long, especially not long enough to remember 2012!
So what? If Celtic, Aberdeen or Dundee United got put down to the 3rd division I'd wet myself laughing and enjoy ripping the piss out of their fans. What's the difference?

If they beat us on Tuesday, they will only be 2 points behind us and they will have played three away games in a row,they haven’t played at home yet. They would become favourites for second, with home games against Norway, Cyprus and ourselves still to come.

It is absolutely vital we take at least a draw on Tuesday worst case. I most certainly wouldn’t be booking anything yet, this is Scotland and we have numerous instances of screwing things up.

Georgia recent form is outstanding. Underestimate them out our peril.
I agree Tuesday is massive. But, I watched their game last night and they were rank. A gogic howler aside and they dont win that game. I have full belief we qualify. I think its more likely we top the group than come 3rd

That would be some achievement given he never played for Scotland at Hampden.

He played for Scotland at Easter Road, the home of Hibs the rivals of the team his previous side had not long before beat 5-1 in a Cup Final, with him always being divisive when at Hearts.

He was also booed in part of the premise of the selection as he was shit, he was. Levien had not selected Wallace for playing in the lower league but than did select Black, it didn’t make sense.

The banner in support of him aged like cottage cheese as he would end up being told to %^*& off and arguing with Rangers fans

A f*cking terrible football player and a bit of an arse.
OK m8 my bad.

Regardless of what people thought of him, imagine booing one of yout own players coming onto the pitch.

Probably end up another glorious campaign ending without qualification.
How that manager can motivate anybody is beyond me but thet do appear to want to play for him.

Were you at work?

2 more winds pretty much does it for us i think! Tremendous from Scotland
Nope I was 13 yo
Listening to the tranny, oooohhhj
Was a Wednesday night iirc, my old man went down to wales.
Every time I see that goal my heart sinks with pride for DC

I can see Georgia being more difficult than Norway ( but of course Spain should have proved a bigger test as well)

I think Georgia play a style that we'll have trouble with -
They're similar to us in their set-up & will be better than Norway at cancelling out our strenghts & can punish our weaknesses IMO

So in a way this has now become our defining match in the group - despite our success so far

They'll test our defence more than Norway did & they themselves probably have a better defence as well

I won't try & criticise Clarke's tactics so far - but I'll be surprised If he gets this spot on
To me - It's much more likely we're going to have to rely on blood, guts, determination, team spirit & a bit of luck to get any sort of result

But what would I know ?
I'd certainly never have predicted 9 points at this stage

Great result for Scotland. Must admit I didn’t even know they were playing til my dad rung me all excited asking if I was watching. Bless him.

I don’t really care for international football any more but good Scottish performances will only benefit the youth of tomorrow - hopefully inspires more young kids to take up football and dig in.

Hopefully more positions other than Left Back?

Dykes was excellent for both goals to be fair to him.
Dykes was excellent but McTominay was better , watch both goals and tell me different , McTominay starts the move for 1st goal in own half and if Dykes toe poke is blocked McTominay is favorite to get on it and crosses for McLeans 2nd when after just equalising with 2-3 minutes to go players are running for the corner flag

Dykes
McLean

You have to be at the wind u
Surely must be hope he's happy standing with Scotland supporters who flew the Scottish Republic flag last night 1 reason why I don't watch Scotland we are not wanted in that support, Scottish Republic flag FFS just Fu@k off .

Dykes was excellent but McTominay was better , watch both goals and tell me different , McTominay starts the move for 1st goal in own half and if Dykes toe poke is blocked McTominay is favorite to get on it and crosses for McLeans 2nd when after just equalising with 2-3 minutes to go players are running for the corner flag

Dykes
McLean
McTominay just keeps getting better and better.
He’d be my first name on the Scotland team sheet.
There will be plenty who should probably follow darts or something who won’t see this but that’s for them.

The second video when Scotland scored. All the Norwegian fans sitting with their arms folded :)

If that was here there would be abuse and hand gestures.

I agree Tuesday is massive. But, I watched their game last night and they were rank. A gogic howler aside and they dont win that game. I have full belief we qualify. I think its more likely we top the group than come 3rd
We need two more wins to qualify. The best chance of these are Tuesday at home and then in Cyprus which isn’t a gimme.

Surely must be hope he's happy standing with Scotland supporters who flew the Scottish Republic flag last night 1 reason why I don't watch Scotland we are not wanted in that support, Scottish Republic flag FFS just Fu@k off .
We are that support Scottish and British, don't give them our team no surrender

Back