Match Thread Norway 1-2 Scotland - Final result

That starting eleven reads like an archdiocese select with a couple of non-believers thrown in for appearances sake.

I’m glad they won but I’ll no tune in to support them until some proper Presbyterian representation is reflected in the line up. And before anyone mentions it, at least a bluenose scored the winner and a peach at that.

Kenny on the MD2024

IMG-20230617-201015.jpg

Haaland probably wishes he'd opted for England (his place of birth)
Given he spent the vast majority of his life in Norway to two Norwegian parents, I'm going to guess it was never really a serious question for him.
That starting eleven reads like an archdiocese select with a couple of non-believers thrown in for appearances sake.

I’m glad they won but I’ll no tune in to support them until some proper Presbyterian representation is reflected in the line up. And before anyone mentions it, at least a bluenose scored the winner and a peach at that.
All very staunch but the second biggest tim out there has the surname Robertson, and the third biggest grew up a Rangers fan in McGregor.

Given he spent the vast majority of his life in Norway to two Norwegian parents, I'm going to guess it was never really a serious question for him.

All very staunch but the second biggest tim out there has the surname Robertson, and the third biggest grew up a Rangers fan in McGregor.
I’m curious, who’s the second? :))

I actually think Scotland could do very well at the euros, we would be rank outsiders 150/1 or something similar to Greece in 2004 or whatever it was well worth a small each way wager, i dont see much real quality to worry about maybe France i suppose everyone else we could take them.
Let’s get out of a group at a major tournament before we start placing bets on us to win the whole thing

I actually think Scotland could do very well at the euros, we would be rank outsiders 150/1 or something similar to Greece in 2004 or whatever it was well worth a small each way wager, i dont see much real quality to worry about maybe France i suppose everyone else we could take them.
The Euros as a spectacle are usually pretty pish tbh, the FIFA World cup is where its at.
Scotland need to qualify for that asap

The Euros as a spectacle are usually pretty pish tbh, the FIFA World cup is where its at.
Scotland need to qualify for that asap

What the hell is the logic in that ?

The Euros are pish and the World Cup is where it’s at ?

Until about 8 years ago or so, the Euros was all better standard of team and a better tournament.

They diluted the Euros…but is the World Cup, soon to be further diluted, a “higher standard”, inspite of its prestige ?

Can only throw qualification away now.

Which tbf would be typical of Scotland!

Can only throw qualification away now.

Which tbf would be typical of Scotland!
I think another 4 points does it, arguably even 3 points would be enough.
Düsseldorf and Koln are and easy drive from my house, Dortmund and Gelsenkirchen not too far either.
Happy days. What do you think is the best city in Germany in terms of connections to the other host cities?

But do you hate England? it’s that crap that annoys me, a lot of Scotland fans given the choice would support the Republic of Ireland rather than England.

I know England are the auld enemy but it used to be a bit more of a friendly rivalry not a bitter hatred of England, my Da would always support England and Scotland in games and that’s the way I was brought up.

I also spend a lot of time in the ROI due to work and people are shocked when I tell them I don’t hate England and support them at major tournaments, it actually makes me support England more just to annoy them.
I'm not sure I agree with that. I support Scotland in everything and I don't mind seeing England lose when it's separate teams, but it's usually down to the overexuberance of their support and media.

I wouldn't support ROI in anything if you paid me.

I think another 4 points does it, arguably even 3 points would be enough.

Happy days. What do you think is the best city in Germany in terms of connections to the other host cities?
Should really be 6 points from the next 2 games

I'm not sure I agree with that. I support Scotland in everything and I don't mind seeing England lose when it's separate teams, but it's usually down to the overexuberance of their support and media.

Having lived in Scotland for 40 years and England for 20 years the over exuberance of one compared to the other is exaggerated.

Were you actually watching the game.?

If it was a game between ROI v’s England I’d guarantee you most Scotland fans would support the ROI as would the Scottish media

No offence mate, but that's some backwards thinking.

I'll never sing about McGinn but I'd always want to see my country win. But that's more because of he has played for,not his religion.

Religion belongs in the dark ages. Do you want a more Presbyterian representation in our Rangers line up or do you want us to win?

No offence mate, but that's some backwards thinking.

I'll never sing about McGinn but I'd always want to see my country win. But that's more because of he has played for,not his religion.

Religion belongs in the dark ages. Do you want a more Presbyterian representation in our Rangers line up or do you want us to win?
He’ll be one of those guys that rages when Rangers players bless themselves. It’s 2023 who gives a fvck about any religion.

Agreed

Back