Match Thread Scotland 2-0 Georgia - Final Score

I feel like I jumped in a swimming pool with my clothes on then jumped out and sat at a not particularly warm football stadium for 4 hours.

The rain was bouncing on the Kingston bridge and Charing Cross about 7, then kindly made its way to polmadie for us to get drenched. Icing on the cake was waiting in a slow moving queue at hampden for it to happen again.
Checked the weather before leaving, sunny spells and 21c, thought a T-shirt would be fine!

At least we won

I feel like I jumped in a swimming pool with my clothes on then jumped out and sat at a not particularly warm football stadium for 4 hours.

The rain was bouncing on the Kingston bridge and Charing Cross about 7, then kindly made its way to polmadie for us to get drenched. Icing on the cake was waiting in a slow moving queue at hampden for it to happen again.
Checked the weather before leaving, sunny spells and 21c, thought a T-shirt would be fine!

At least we won
Dedication mate! :D

ok here we go.

Georgia win 4 of their 5 remaining games - losing one to Spain. That gives them 16 points

Spain win 5 of their 6 remaining games - losing one to Georgia. That gives them 18 points

explain why that can't happen
You'd be as well throwing in scenarios where Cyprus take points from everyone. :)

Spain have to go to Norway. That's their hardest game left, that would be more likely than losing to Georgia.

No way Georgia and Norway take close to full points or thereabouts. I'd be surprised if either of them get to 12 points.

You'd be as well throwing in scenarios where Cyprus take points from everyone. :)

Spain have to go to Norway. That's their hardest game left, that would be more likely than losing to Georgia.

No way Georgia and Norway take close to full points or thereabouts. I'd be surprised if either of them get to 12 points.
With a player like Haaland, they could win any game.
There is nobody in the Scotland group you would call unbeatable.
You might have said “Spain” before a ball was kicked but Scotland proved that one wrong so I’d say, right now, Scotland are strong favourites to qualify.

What a bizarrely glorious night! I thought Scotland had found a completely new way to blow qualification about 8pm tonight. Stevie Clarke is restoring pride in our team. Great job all, especially all those sweeping in both penalty areas.

Ps. The thread on wettest Rangers games (it was Osasuna) reminded me of Scotland v Peru 1979 maybe...anyone else get soaked that night? A three hour monsoon walking from Rutherglen & back after 2 hours among the no roof Tims. That taught me a lesson...lol

It likely won't be confirmed until after the Spain v Norway match in October but I agree with you a win v Cyprus will be all that's required now.

Where did you book them to? Germany is a pretty fair sized country, and we have no idea where Scotland might be playing if we qualify.
Flights to Frankfurt mate. Its central and u can get to about 6 of the stadiums in less than an hour on the train. There is also anout 4 flights a day from Edinburgh and Glasgow so I reckon loads of scots will base there.

Time to admit that Clarke is the best manager since eck and Walter in the recent Scotland era and if he qualifies directly will surpass them in that job. He’s done an amazing job with this team who are united and believe in the process.
Who cares what his history is, as a Rangers fan I will never give up the joy of Scotland doing well for our haters . I am both British and Scottish and I love both equally.
There is genuinely a shout that clarke, if we qualify, is the best Scotland manager in 30 odd years.

At least we won
Same here.

Sat in hotel 10 when the rain started and thought we managed to avoid getting wet.
Got absolutely soaked waiting to get I to Hampden. My trainers are still waterlogged and will be for days.

Some amount of Hyperbole for the NT and Clarke on here.
Let’s see, this is a thread about the Scotland national football team who are currently playing better than they have perhaps in 50 years.
Why wouldn’t there be some amount of hyperbole about Clarke on here given the context.
He’s show casing players like Gilmour, McTominay, Jack and Souttar.

IMO he has the strongest Scotland squad in 30 years. Midfield back when he makes a sub it doesn't weaken us but I won't take away from the fact that he has got this talented squad well organised and willing to run through brick walls for him.
A strong squad but an imbalanced squad - previous managers have had better centre backs and centre forwards to work with IMO.

Obviously at full back and centre midfield, we are as strong as I've ever seen us.

I had a wee look at the fixtures last night and we play England in a friendly on the 12th of September. We could qualify for the euros during the latter end of that game.

For this to happen Scotland would need to beat Cyprus and Spain beat Georgia on the 8th of September, then Georgia and Norway draw whilst we play England.

Look like the trannies are getting their long awaited summer holiday at last. No worries though, their team'll get ranked once their there.
This kind of post on a thread about scotland after a scotland game is just as creepy as a celtic fan creating an account just to post on one of our threads.

We get it, you arent interested in the NT. So, just swerve the thread. Or create a 'I hate the Scotland Team' thread and we can avoid that.

Flights to Frankfurt mate. Its central and u can get to about 6 of the stadiums in less than an hour on the train. There is also anout 4 flights a day from Edinburgh and Glasgow so I reckon loads of scots will base there.
What dates have you booked? Was looking at stuff yesterday and depending on the draw could be there a week before Scotland’s first game.

Yes roundly booed … but only by those posters on here who have an agenda to push that narrative every time Scotland play.
Whilst the stadium actually cheered loud as f.uck when they came on.
I bet a few on here cried themselves to sleep last night because of that.
Are you denying that there is a dislike for our players within the majority of tranny army fans?

Yup. Mind there was a thread on hre slaughtering the decision to extend his contract? Settling for mediocrity etc etc. What a job he has done.
He can “pick a player”
Gunn and Hickey are now settling in as our “1” and “2” they both look like they have been playing in the team for ages.
Add that to a very strong spine of Tierney, Robertson, McTominay, Gilmour, McGinn and McGregor and that’s 8 players who are all a quality above what we’ve had in some time.
Add to that a strong bench of Jack, Souttar, McLean and we’re going places.
Good manager who can pick out talent

The majority of Scotland fans are Rangers fans, so that undermines your argument right there
Can you quantify this claim? There is a deep dislike of our club and players within the NT fans. There is evidence to back this up as we have all heard the boos when their names are announced at games. Jack at pittodrie and Patterson being two examples.

Most nations would probably be sitting feeling pretty confident right now that qualification is all but secured if they were in our position but you still just can't shift that feeling after years of disappointment that we will make an arse of it somehow.

Are you denying that there is a dislike for our players within the majority of tranny army fans?
Even if it was true (and it isn't) who cares? I don't particularly care for some of the Celtic players in the Scotland team, but I'm big enough to put that to one side for the greater good of the team doing well. I can go back to disliking them when they pull on their Celtic top.

Can you quantify this claim? There is a deep dislike of our club and players within the NT fans. There is evidence to back this up as we have all heard the boos when their names are announced at games. Jack at pittodrie and Patterson being two examples.
Yes.

What dates have you booked? Was looking at stuff yesterday and depending on the draw could be there a week before Scotland’s first game.
I am going the Friday 14th and then back on the Sunday evening (cant do midweek due to work) and my mates are going til the wed. The flights went up from 135 to 225 in an hour or so yesterday just for 1 way Edi to Frankfurt. The return is 213. Prices will only go up I think. Airlines will maybe put more flights on though closer to the time.

Even if it was true (and it isn't) who cares? I don't particularly care for some of the Celtic players in the Scotland team, but I'm big enough to put that to one side for the greater good of the team doing well. I can go back to disliking them when they pull on their Celtic top.
You can just imagine the uber staunch forcing themselves to grimace when McGregor scored last night.

I am going the Friday 14th and then back on the Sunday evening (cant do midweek due to work) and my mates are going til the wed. The flights went up from 135 to 225 in an hour or so yesterday just for 1 way Edi to Frankfurt. The return is 213. Prices will only go up I think. Airlines will maybe put more flights on though closer to the time.
Those term time contracts can be a pain. :p

Yes.

And that is just the most recent survey of Tartan Army members. Surveys in 2017 and 2019 said the same. It amazes me that people continue this 'The fans all hate rangers and boo our players' nonsense despite all the evidence showing otherwise.

And, with newer generations of bear seeing more and more rangers players being selected and seeing the 2012 animosity, the Rangers support within the tartan army will only grow.

Better get used to it folks!

Yeah, was thinking that re flights. Good that there are plenty travel options into Germany.

Back