McGregor back at Ibrox - Official - Welcome home Shagger!

32545732_1873774812675210_148353466098515968_n.jpg
It’s this!!!!

This is what we f.ucking need in abundance!!!

Let’s go!!!!!!!

They were never expected to play in the lower leagues. It was about raising some funds from their transfers. When they decided to leave us in the lurch to line their own pockets they did indeed walk out.
Don't agree with him being signed

Would have been more money for the spivs to line their own pockets. Rangers would have seen no benefit. As much as it hurt at the time, the players were probably right to get out and not fund the basically criminal behaviour going on. What wasn’t right was the pish Naismith and Whittaker came out with. Greegsy is more than welcome back

Would have been more money for the spivs to line their own pockets. Rangers would have seen no benefit. As much as it hurt at the time, the players were probably right to get out and not fund the basically criminal behaviour going on. What wasn’t right was the pish Naismith and Whittaker came out with. Greegsy is more than welcome back
not one person knew it would pan out the way it did with the spivs, it gets spun that way by the players that walked to justify their decisions to %^*& off for nothing and pocket a hefty signing on fee and wage elsewhere.

Let's look at the facts..

McGregor was a great keeper for us.

He is still a great keeper...hence his Hull POTY.

He is better than what we have...i.e better than Wes "can't save any long-range shot at all" Foderingham".

Some believe some poet story he turned traitor on us,

He explained it time and time again.

Most know it's a lot of shite that he was some sort of traitor.

Some idiots without the facts and poets keep going with the traitor thing.

Really glad to have Alan back...and so is he.

That's it.

I tend to agree with this summary. I would never welcome Naismith or Whittaker back but welcome the return of McGregor and would equally be ok with Steve Davis returning.

I wonder if McGregor on a 2 year deal is viewed as a bridge to Robbie McCrorie taking over in 2 years time. Robbie seems to be very highly thought of and they seem to have a structured development plan for him, which I recall includes loaning him out to a decent team next season.

Of %^*& off. He personally was responisble for making sure the normal staff were paid out of his and others pockets. He looked after Rangers fans who work at the club who had bills to pay. He's nothing like Naeshame.

Both McGregor and Naismith took on the role you mention. Both players looked out for younger players and staff whose livelihoods were at stake. Naismith gets stick for his press conference and righty so.

Both McGregor and Naismith took on the role you mention. Both players looked out for younger players and staff whose livelihoods were at stake. Naismith gets stick for his press conference and righty so.
Naismith was one of those who took a wee bit more convincing, shall we say, than most when it came to taking a paycut. It was actually deferred and was paid before he left.

I wonder if McGregor on a 2 year deal is viewed as a bridge to Robbie McCrorie taking over in 2 years time. Robbie seems to be very highly thought of and they seem to have a structured development plan for him, which I recall includes loaning him out to a decent team next season.

This should be the plan. Send Robbie on loan to the championship this year and a lower SPL team next year, then have him as No 1 the season after.

not one person knew it would pan out the way it did with the spivs, it gets spun that way by the players that walked to justify their decisions to %^*& off for nothing and pocket a hefty signing on fee and wage elsewhere.

I strongly suspect that the players knew a lot more than us about what was happening. Maybe not enough to be certain but enough to know that there were scum in charge and that they were being treated like shit.

Shagger is also a particularly special case. He left the club but did not immediately take up a new one. He hung around without a club for quite some time. I can’t imagine it was due to a lack of suitors for one of the best keepers in Britain available on a free. In fact did he not let the transfer window expire hence ending up in Turkey?

I always got the impression that he was waiting for the shitshow at us to sort itself out so he could return. Remember him always doing very positive interviews about us. As such, even for the ubers, i’ve never understood the antagonism towards MacGregor. He’s a Bear through and through.

Welcome home Allan, you were a hero to me first time around and I hope you will be the same this time.

I wasn’t sure about signing him but I must admit I am fucking buzzing now.

If Gerrard didn’t want him then he wouldn’t be here.

The manager wants winners and they don’t come much better than Allan McGregor - certainly not as far as goalkeepers go.

Delighted he’s back.

He's got a winning attitude, he also doesnt need to get up to speed with our game, he is already the best keeper in Scotland!

Ach %^*& it, after reading some of the shite spouted on here I think I am now convinced.

McGregor had six weeks to gauge things and decided he wasn't convinced by Green et al .

What a rat he is.

I don’t know if been mention on here previously buy do people remember what McGregor used to do before Rangers Celtic games?

The Celtic players are having there cuddle, they then go to there positions on the pitch, it was at that moment McGregor would lead the rangers Players to the fans clapping.

It was a “we are Rangers you will wait for us” sort of thing. And exactly what we’ve been missing. It’s little things like this thst ahow his winners mentality and not showing them respect.

Again not a big thing but compare to recently with them having free reign to do what they like on the pitch.

That won’t happen with McGregor here.
Welcome home Al

Naismith was one of those who took a wee bit more convincing, shall we say, than most when it came to taking a paycut. It was actually deferred and was paid before he left.

This is incorrect, the players were asked to take a 75% wage cut across the board. The foreign players didn’t agree and the individual agents had to come in and negotiate on an individual basis which obviously took a bit of time. Big Kyle Lafferty was the only uk based player to refuse (75%) as he couldn’t afford it. Employees at management level were asking young boys on ‘pennies’ to take 75% and not taking a paycut themselves.

He also didn’t get a deferred payment.

This is incorrect, the players were asked to take a 75% wage cut across the board. The foreign players didn’t agree and the individual agents had to come in and negotiate on an individual basis which obviously took a bit of time. Big Kyle Lafferty was the only uk based player to refuse (75%) as he couldn’t afford it. Employees at management level were asking young boys on ‘pennies’ to take 75% and not taking a paycut themselves.

He also didn’t get a deferred payment.
Are you from Stewarton?

Seen him play live for Hull this season and he was top class, delighted that hes come home

Disappointed with this -most over rated keeper we've had in my lifetime and after he mocked the minutes silence a few years back ive no time for him as a man either.

Some folk on here are clueless. McGregor felt the need to let his side of the story be heard.

Green offered him same deal as he was on to TUPE transfer. After the SPL voted against TRIFC PLC taking over the league share sending us to the 3rd Division Green told him if he TUPE it would only be to be sold as he wanted high earners off the books as business plan had changed. He felt majorly let down and rather than play to what Green wanted he got a good deal down South due to a Club not having to pay a fee. To put him in the category with Judas Stevie and Judas Stevie who held a press conference to say they were leavin because the Rangers they played for no longer exists is well wide of the mark.

Am I imagining this, but I seem to remember a story going round at the time that, when Green discussed the TUPE arrangements with him, he said that he wasn't TUPE-ing over to TRIFC PLC, but to Green, personally. Consequently, any money raised in the transfer would be going to Green, not to TRIFC PLC.

There were so many rumours, claims and counter-claims flying round at that time, it was difficult to know what was true and what wasn't. It's still unclear, all these years later.

Does anyone else remember this?

Am I imagining this, but I seem to remember a story going round at the time that, when Green discussed the TUPE arrangements with him, he said that he wasn't TUPE-ing over to TRIFC PLC, but to Green, personally. Consequently, any money raised in the transfer would be going to Green, not to TRIFC PLC.

There were so many rumours, claims and counter-claims flying round at that time, it was difficult to know what was true and what wasn't. It's still unclear, all these years later.

Does anyone else remember this?

Certainly remember one like that but think it was about Whyte, not Green. He was trying to claim that he personally owned the registrations. I think that there may have been some shenanigans around the Jelavic transfer in respect of that too. I think that much of the money disappeared from our accounts.

He will mate.

When a new manager comes in and has a clean slate, one of the particular preferences he has is normally the keeper. It's quite a personal choice. Which is why i find it just a bit strange that this was done before Gerrard - just like the Arfield one. Unless Gerrard's own No.1 keeper is still to come in.

I think/hope that's it in terms of pre-Gerrard deals.
The gaffer santioned both signings.

Back