Brown Brogues - Between the Lines

I’ll go back to one I’ve raised a few times. In the pre-internet days of the early to mid-90’s, I knew a guy whose job was to get up at the crack of dawn to review the early editions of all the newspapers.

Amongst the clients requiring this service was Celtic and they used this service to shut down any negative stories right away where they could.

I think of those low tech days and can only imagine their modern day equivalent but it’s pretty clear it exists. The Scottish media are basically fawning sycophants with a negative Celtic story as rare as hens teeth.

Look at negative stories videos and images on celtc on the internet - they disappear very quickly.

The Google search function is loaded on positive stories as they have trolls constantly entering on the positive descriptors/links in the search engine.

They also completely saturate the search engines with negative links on Rangers.

They probably have placemen that proliferate stories that promote their brand by flooding these engines with the relevant algorithms to ensure they stay on top.

These people are not employed by the scum but I'm sure they get some kind of reward. Something akin to Torbetts half a million a year no doubt.

Would love for their accounts to be forensically investigated specifically for things like this - suspicious services rendered.

Oh and yes...
... I do wear a tinfoil hat lol. :)

This is the kind of post I Like. Keep it going.
Have to agree with this we are the target of an ongoing sectarian and cultural onslaught on our club and support which demonises us and damages our brand image we really need to very seriously address our PR strategy or we will continue to be on the backfoot. It reminds me of the military strategem that says 'conflicts are not always resolved by force of arms but victory can be achieved by the humiliation and demoralisation of your enemy.' This is essentially the policy that is being carried out by our enemies on an almost daily basis.
Genuinely don’t think it does damage our brand, %^*& the bead rattling, spit the dummy media, and when we get 55 and more just see the infantile, grudging reaction, we should profile that to the world of sport, media.

Look at negative stories videos and images on celtc on the internet - they disappear very quickly.

The Google search function is loaded on positive stories as they have trolls constantly entering on the positive descriptors/links in the search engine.

They also completely saturate the search engines with negative links on Rangers.

They probably have placemen that proliferate stories that promote their brand by flooding these engines with the relevant algorithms to ensure they stay on top.

These people are not employed by the scum but I'm sure they get some kind of reward. Something akin to Torbetts half a million a year no doubt.

Would love for their accounts to be forensically investigated specifically for things like this - suspicious services rendered.

Oh and yes...
Yes but for all that how much success re damage have they done to us? Haven’t they learned yet? I am not blind to how dangerous these mentalists are but I think we sometimes overestimate it, let them fill their boots, their not getting anywhere with it.

Oh and yes...

The Signs are all there...

images

I’ll go back to one I’ve raised a few times. In the pre-internet days of the early to mid-90’s, I knew a guy whose job was to get up at the crack of dawn to review the early editions of all the newspapers.

Amongst the clients requiring this service was Celtic and they used this service to shut down any negative stories right away where they could.

I think of those low tech days and can only imagine their modern day equivalent but it’s pretty clear it exists. The Scottish media are basically fawning sycophants with a negative Celtic story as rare as hens teeth.

I know Celtic's paid spin doctors (A consultancy, not employed directly by Celtic) would phone up journalists and editors anytime a story that could be negative to Celtic appeared - hence 'a football fan' hooped shirt' and photoshopped pictures where Celtic crests were blurred out. Thinbk Alastair Campbell/Malcolm Tucker level of badgering

Defoe debunked - A lot of stories today about Jermaine Defoe. Defoe has a contract until June 2020 at Bournemouth.

Defoe spoke to Sky just over a week ago, he was asked about his former England Team Mate Gerrard. Defoe said "Stevie is a leader, he will make a fantastic Manager. I will be following him up there". This has been taken out of context as moving up, when really what he was saying was that he would be following the results.

Desperate stuff from the in the dark red top media. Don't Click it, don't share it and don't buy it.

BB, you should speak to Mark and see about becoming a contributor. A few adjustments and something like this could become an article or a series on the main site.
Exactly this. Forums can quickly get bloated and off topic. I'd like to see something like this published regulary (weekly maybe) as an opinion piece, highlighting the weeks events challenging all the lies and mistruths being peddled around. Reading between the lines as you say. I also think we should be collating all the garbage from the usual MSM suspects in one place too (just the highlights will do, not complete articles). One forum for each of them, but comments are not allowed. Let their own words speak for themselves.

A complete hatchet job to detract from the big story which was Torbett back in Court.

The big give away was for Daly to mention in the story that Neely had abused at Hibs before joining Rangers, but failed to state again what he did on his original documentary, that Hibs sacked him but did not call the police and covered up the issue, Rangers therefore received no warning of what they were letting in the door. The allegations are unfounded from a mystery man. The Police confirming last night there is no active investigation in to Neely committing crimes at Rangers really reaffirms that Daly is not fact checking before putting out damaging content.

So will someone at the club go after that disgusting bastard at the bbc who is affectively try to cover up paedos.

Mud sticks Ave had to listen to fans off other teams on the wind up saying Rangers are paedos at my work last night.

Tell you what someone at the club better serioussly get there finger out regarding this.

I foresee a BB fan club developing here , I enjoyed reading your post BB and hope you will keep up the good work as it's refreshing to read the truth about what goes on behind the scenes rather reading the Weekly Liewell Revues which dominates any Scottish newspaper you are daft enough to read or even dafter to have paid for .....CHEERS !!!!

Yes but for all that how much success re damage have they done to us? Haven’t they learned yet? I am not blind to how dangerous these mentalists are but I think we sometimes overestimate it, let them fill their boots, their not getting anywhere with it.

Generations of supporters are impacted - those that live their lives on social media and read only digital media.

Also, potential supporters will have been put off with the relentless demonisation.

Untold damage mate that we will never specifically be able to identify.

I know of three 21 year olds that stopped supporting Rangers over the last few years. 2 have stopped watching Scottish football completely and one followed a family member to plastic whistle.

They were fed up with it all and one of them explained to me it was simpler for him to stop broadcasting he was a Rangers supporter. Nearly flattened each of them when I spoke to them - but I'm past the battling stage. :)

Seriously though, the chip chip away does work. We just have difficulty quantifying the impact.

Exactly this. Forums can quickly get bloated and off topic. I'd like to see something like this published regulary (weekly maybe) as an opinion piece, highlighting the weeks events challenging all the lies and mistruths being peddled around. Reading between the lines as you say. I also think we should be collating all the garbage from the usual MSM suspects in one place too (just the highlights will do, not complete articles). One forum for each of them, but comments are not allowed. Let their own words speak for themselves.

The Commissioned report in to historic abuse at Scottish Clubs is not far off. I am sure from that it will have no criticism of Rangers, other Clubs may have a lot to answer for. The facts will do the talking, the truth always comes out in the end.

I foresee a BB fan club developing here , I enjoyed reading your post BB and hope you will keep up the good work as it's refreshing to read the truth about what goes on behind the scenes rather reading the Weekly Liewell Revues which dominates any Scottish newspaper you are daft enough to read or even dafter to have paid for .....CHEERS !!!!

Celtic got on the fake news bus before we did. After Title stripping was taken off the table they have become militant with their fake news. With Liewell giving back channel information to CQN etc. Let's not leave it to the Club, let us debunk the fantasy as soon as they put it out for the world to see, then let's mock it, and play them at their own game.

Oh and yes...

Probably the Russian Brigade behind it.:cool:

Oh and yes...

What you are saying is actually true.

Tinfoil hat or not.

You are of course perfectly correct, for some reason the club wants to play nicey nicey up against absolute animals in the PR game. Good informative post by BB, well done.

I suspect the board are in the midst of a eureka moment in terms of just how low the filth and their compliant media lackeys can stoop. A club with their rap sheet on child abuse encouraging their placemen to point score in relation to such a despicable and heinous crime. This despite evidence of a systemic nature of paedophilic practices tolerated by senior officers of said club.

You’d think they might be a tad sheepish in regard to said subject matter and disposed to displaying contrition and support toward the victims. But oh no, they completely ignore their disgusting rap sheet preferring instead to attack a club who did ‘the right thing’ when the ominous shadow of abuse blighted our club.

The club and its PR apparatus must go on the offensive from this day forward under zero illusion as to what depths the filth and its acolytes are capable of stooping to in damaging our club, its brand and its financial capabilities.

Last edited:
Defoe debunked - A lot of stories today about Jermaine Defoe. Defoe has a contract until June 2020 at Bournemouth.

Defoe spoke to Sky just over a week ago, he was asked about his former England Team Mate Gerrard. Defoe said "Stevie is a leader, he will make a fantastic Manager. I will be following him up there". This has been taken out of context as moving up, when really what he was saying was that he would be following the results.

Desperate stuff from the in the dark red top media. Don't Click it, don't share it and don't buy it.
Good thread this mate.
The Defoe stuff is coming from Andy Devlin who is Kings man in the media is it not? He may have 2 years on his deal but it's a proposed 1 year loan to us so I don't see this a consequential.

Oh and yes...

There's a great Jon Ronson book 'So You've Been Publicly Shamed' in which he describes actual companies that do that for clients. Get lots of good stories ahead of negative ones, so when anyone googles the client- a feel good story is first in line.
Celtic have BBC Scotland and Daily Record doing this, and I'm convinced quite a few journalists are actually on the payroll, absolutely convinced. I don't really have to name them, do I?

I suspect the board are in the midst of a eureka moment in terms of just how low the filth and their compliant media lackeys can stoop. A club with their rap sheet on child abuse encouraging their placemen to point score in relation to such a despicable and heinous crime. This despite evidence of a systemic nature of paedophilic practices tolerated by senior officers of said club.

You’d think they might be a tad sheepish in regard to said subject matter as opposed to displaying contrition and support toward the victims. But oh no, they completely ignore their disgusting rap sheet preferring instead to attack a club who did ‘the right thing’ when the ominous shadow of abuse blighted our club.

The club and its PR apparatus must go on the offensive from this day forward under zero illusion as to what depths the filth and its acolytes are capable of stooping to in damaging our club, its brand and its financial capabilities.
This is a bit JR but we should blackmail Timmy and the media by promising not threatening to go public to the English media over paedophile towers, and other nefarious activities, we have to stop this shit.

Good thread this mate.
The Defoe stuff is coming from Andy Devlin who is Kings man in the media is it not? He may have 2 years on his deal but it's a proposed 1 year loan to us so I don't see this a consequential.

Andy formerly wrote for Rangers News. He can be it or miss depending on who is giving him info. I get on well with Dorrans best mate and he was telling me after Devlin was putting up stories about the deal that he was way off, and his mate was right after Devlin said it was a done thing it was about a month later the deal was actually done. He is drip fed when it suits the Club.

Oh and yes...

Rangers FC are like the Capitalism of economics; works very successfully, everyone loves to hate it, cannot kill it and the more they try to run it into the ground, the more it backfires against them.

Rogic and Armstrong in their last 12 months, not interested in new deals, no way Celtic let them walk for free, those two will be off in the Summer, if recruitment is down to Brendan I think they will struggle to find similar quality.

Rogic has signed a contract today. News should break imminently

Sit on cock John James has come out with this today

"On a final note I highlight the fact that Hummel will not be in a position to supply replica tops until January 2019. Can this excuse of a board get anything right?"

I can not believe the haters pay this balloon their hard earned to tell them bed time stories so Rangers don't give them nightmares.

Wonder what his excuse will be when kits hit shelves this summer.

Rogic and Armstrong in their last 12 months, not interested in new deals, no way Celtic let them walk for free, those two will be off in the Summer, if recruitment is down to Brendan I think they will struggle to find similar quality.
Rogic has just signed a 5 year deal!

Heh heh. I like that. Might use it and claim it as my own lol. :)

Their envy of our club is a terrible thing mate, a cancer to themselves, but no truer words could be spoken, Rangers will come out on top above them. They couldn't make it more obvious with the media constantly trying to attack us at every turn and like posted above, everything negative about them is swept swiftly under the carpet.

This is why #55 will be the greatest title win in our history, they're probably already spewing over the fact Gerrard became Rangers manager and the amount of media attention we're drawing from outside.

I see improvement, an actual conscious effort both on twitter and the Statements. I can only hope it continues to improve. I had noticed some work is has been going to Stevie Kerr's new Company, Stevie is former Level 5 and formerly Rangers press officer. That may explain the change of tone as Stevie is back on it rather than Traynor.

When did Rangers swap Level 5 PR for Chace PR and also what are the differences in the set up now that the change has happened?

One thing Iv'e learned over the years is if you control the media you control everything and trying to challenge them on your own is pretty pointless, The only way you put a dent in it is to be team handed.

The unwashed will have to sell players before bringing in others and given their transfer history they won't be breaking any records anytime soon in regards to paying big bucks for a player and with big money players comes very big wages.

Similar to how they sign players like Roberts who cost Man city around £12/13m with no doubt a little help from Liewells son who works for Man city and given most players nowadays only stay at clubs a couple of years,they were able to get a £12/13m player for a weekly percentage of his wages for a couple of seasons,no payoffs,no golden handshake and simply just back to his own club.

The other odd thing about the French player from PSG who is rated at between £7/8m is there is no connection between the unwashed and PSG, the only way he came there was no doubt through Dembele sweet talking him when they were playing together in the French under 21's.

Liewells son seems to be pulling all the stops out to help his old man and I can't think of any Scottish football club that has had a £12/13m player on loan for two seasons.

Few months back mate. Believe Chance are Stevie Kerr's new enterprise.

So yet again the Club opt for a penny pinching second rate PR strategy which is akin to self harming.

We NEED someone like David Burnside not the same old shit that has failed for years.

I have thought similar. I just didn’t type it and it was a bit quicker but I’ve a feeling SG will get as much help to make it as a manager as possible. He’s well thought of and may well be seen as future Liverpool boss.

No surprise my good man, BBC Scotland senior head of content Clare Fulton is the Daughter of Former Celtic Chairman Kevin Kelly, the man who brought back Torbett to Celtic, handed him a £1M trophy deal and joined the board of his Trophy Centre business. Keep attention off Daddy.

If this is true do you think it’d be worthwhile writing a letter to BBC (probably have to go to heads rather than Scotland) stating that Fulton is using her position to divert attention from Torbett to protect her father?

Would they entertain it? If so you’d imagine she’d have to focus more on Torbett rather than trying to deflect.

Great OP, we have to become more PR savvy, the key battle is on the park but the way they control the narrative gives them a huge advantage.

One point I would disagree with, which pains me to say, I don’t think their board are shortchanging them. I think they were under Delia but they’ve dominated completely domestically since we’ve got back to top flight. They’ve brought in a top coach (again painful) and they’re looking at things like hotel etc to further stretch long term advantage.

It’s difficult, as we’re still firefighting to a degree, but we must look to future as well as focusing on first team and 55.

Excellent post BB and I look forward to reading more of your content. I just hope someone at the clubv has an FF log in and reads this. For years we have been on the backfoot, it is now time to be proactive and go after this scum who try to harm us

Back