Match Thread Rangers v Hamburger SV - Saturday 15:00 - RangersTV

Great showings from almost everyone. Rice and Yfeko were really impressive and hopefully get more run outs in the first team.
Get that Dompe signed after Danilo and we'll rip this league apart B-D

Ridvan, Raskin, Dowell, Lammers all looked good to me. Good to see Roofe and Lawrence back. Cantwell should rein it in a bit or he'll be targeted. Matondo should be sold.

@XabGer laughing at me considering your posts in the transfer section constant :)

Good run out in the end. Very comfortable despite the 2-1 score line

Slight criticism was second half was like so many Ibrox games all the possession and constantly peppering the opposition goal but not enough goals to show for it. Obviously gotta give the new forwards time to adjust and find their feet but that’s something I expect to change, it has to. Beale has commenting on it almost every Ibrox game

Big plus seeing Roofe and Laurence back

Think that we are getting more clarity than revelation. Souttar will do and if Beale can’t see Yilmaz is ahead of Borna now I would be amazed. Dowell and Lammers improve us, and as he gets fit Dessers looks a handful. My only concern is that we are in danger of making Cantwell less effective by limiting his wandering. For the doubters and the plain haters I can’t help but note Sakala scored one and won the second. I get why you doubt him but surely it’s time you all stopped ignoring the facts. Early days, but agree with Beale that we are still too profligate in front of the goal.

Don’t like that we continue to lose goals, yes it was a cracker, or that we pass up too many chances. Matondo confirmed what we all thought, and Beale needs to decide is it Jack or Lundstram he keeps as one of them isn’t needed in this squad.

@XabGer laughing at me considering your posts in the transfer section constant :)

Good run out in the end. Very comfortable despite the 2-1 score line

Slight criticism was second half was like so many Ibrox games all the possession and constantly peppering the opposition goal but not enough goals to show for it. Obviously gotta give the new forwards time to adjust and find their feet but that’s something I expect to change, it has to. Beale has commenting on it almost every Ibrox game

Big plus seeing Roofe and Laurence back
How else would you react to your take on Ridvan.

Rivdan is all over the place and I still maintain Barisic would be getting absolutely slaughtered for some of the positions, decision-making and giving the ball away cheap.

I was more meaning asking for anyone but Clancy, with it being a friendly, not asking for a specific ref. It might be a good thing that the new players will now have a wee insight on the way he referees us going forward though

Yeah mate, I know but, we can't do that either. SFA appoint the ref.

A decent run out. You can see how Beale will want us to play this season, plenty of movement and with some fluidity. We're not quite there yet as players get to know each other, but if it does click, it will be great to watch. Raskin ran the show, and i was impressed by Rice, for a 16yr old, he looked very composed and confident, I would like to see more of him in the first team as the B team won't push him.

Last edited:
Be targeted? Already is and he shouldn't rein anything in to pander to the likes of Clancy. We should be defending him this season when it starts again.
He threw himself around a bit (not for their 'free kick which wasn't' but when he first came on) and ran his mouth a few times. Other managers will notice and tell their players to act out. I hope Beale is telling them we have to play smart when we don't get the benefit of the doubt. And yes we should also be defending him.

How does it work, as in getting a ref for these friendly games? Do we just have to take what the SFA give us?
Clancy is a cheat and hates us, surely we can ask for another ref :oops:
He gave us a fairly soft penalty(from where i was sitting anyway)?

Lammers and Dessers both seem quite intelligent in their pressing and positioning, excited to see more from those 2. When Lammers has the ball in or near the box I just feel like he's going to make something happen

Sima seemed quite uncomfortable in a lot of moments maybe he isn't as used to a pressing game, he does look to be a real handful though for opposition defenses

Ridvan looking good, Roofe looked bloody excellent but there's probably no point getting my hopes up there

Clearly a lot of hard work ahead to gel this team together, but a lot of exciting signs in these early stages

Lammers is tremendous. Roofe is like a new signing. Would like to see Sima and Dessers on the pitch at the same time as I think they would be frightening and I'm enjoying our aggression all over the pitch. Dowell will be an important player.

Lammers is tremendous. Roofe is like a new signing. Would like to see Sima and Dessers on the pitch at the same time as I think they would be frightening and I'm enjoying our aggression all over the pitch. Dowell will be an important player.
I agree re Lammers. Before he arrived the worry was he doesn’t score much but my goodness will he create chances for others. He’s direct, skill full and intelligent in play. I think he will be the surprise of all the signings and already has impressed me most.

Just on way home from game. Decent run out. Hamburg were poor, the no 27 aside. We looked disjointed first half. Basically 3 wingers and no striker. Sima was disappointing compared to Tuesday. Sakala better but not brilliant. Matondo just isn’t good enough. We looked better second half when Lammers and Dessers came on.

Dessers impressed me. Plenty of effort and some good touches. Unlucky not to score.
Loved their sweeper keeper by the way. Lammers looked good too. He’s not a striker but he’s a talented player. Nice to see Lawrence back and he looked good. Though Hagi looked good in first half too.

Roofe looked very sharp. If he can stay fit he could play a useful part. Finally more good minutes for Yfeko and Rice both of whom are going to be stars.

Overalls good runout and we should have won more comfortably

Some good moments, some not so good but that's what preseason friendlies are. Good to see players like Roofe and Lawrence getting minutes.

Hopefully the forward players (plus Danilo maybe :D) can click in the remaining friendlies.

Forgot there was a game today, how did we play? Or just fitness into the players the best summery
According to some in the main Stand Rear, all of our new players are shite, this was the assessment after 7 minutes :mad:

I thought we looked a bit rusty, and very much a "new" team. Showed glimpses of good football and totally controlled most of the game.

Their number 27 left winger looked a handful and turned Tav inside out a couple of times, then scored a lovely free kick at the end.

More minutes in the legs, and hopefully a better understanding of each other.

According to some in the main Stand Rear, all of our new players are shite, this was the assessment after 7 minutes :mad:

I thought we looked a bit rusty, and very much a "new" team. Showed glimpses of good football and totally controlled most of the game.

Their number 27 left winger looked a handful and turned Tav inside out a couple of times, then scored a lovely free kick at the end.

More minutes in the legs, and hopefully a better understanding of each other.
Cheers pal.sounds like some are expecting a miracle from MB here and not understanding it takes time to gel a new team

Back