Match Thread TSG Hoffenheim v Rangers - 14:30 Saturday - RangersTV

It's a pity there isn't a rule like American football, where you bring on a player to hit the conversion, only for football it would be for pens.

Tav would be invaluable, can't defend for toffee but by f*^k he can hit a pen.
He's got a goal and an assist today, but his overall play has been terrible again.

Weird player.

We look like a team that has spent all pre season running and trying out 540 different formations

Resulting in a team that cannot combine 3 passes and look all over the place , concerning but hopefully pays off as the season progresses
Which is hard enough when the players know each other!

Decent enough second half, showed intent to look like a football team.

Not a shock we improved going forward the further back Lundstram went

We all knew this rebuild was going to take 3-4 transfer windows but I really hope the priority for the January and next summer is the defence.

I'm still hoping for another cb this window and that the lad Sterling is decent. I honestly thought yilmaz was going to be a player but deary me how wrong could you be about a player!

We look slightly better at the back with JL
Thing is for Europe with players we have Beale had to copy a bit of the formula gio had not all of it but certainly bits

With lundstrum dropping into defence or of possession and attacking in possession

I get managers will have a formation style but they need adapt to players to or get players to play it

Or full backs leave defence exposed so midfield needs to cover that if the fb are providing width

We all knew this rebuild was going to take 3-4 transfer windows but I really hope the priority for the January and next summer is the defence.

I'm still hoping for another cb this window and that the lad Sterling is decent. I honestly thought yilmaz was going to be a player but deary me how wrong could you be about a player!
He’s probably up against Matondo in training and looks brilliant.

You’re not wrong.
Not yet anyway.

Why should it take 3-4 windows? We’ve all spoke on here about the defence for ages and he’s done nothing to address it

A real rangers manager is brave and dumps both full backs

Second half was better, better shape around us off the ball.

Good work for the penalty and the equaliser.

Not particularly confident for Killie though tbh.

Back