Match Thread TSG Hoffenheim v Rangers - 14:30 Saturday - RangersTV

A good fight back. Glad we showed some character. That said the constant playing the ball around at the back inviting a high press needs to stop

Barisic not stopping crosses either but difference is Lundstram cuts it out where Yfeko couldn’t first half.

Badly need Goldson + Souttar/someone new at the back asap, can’t go on with rank centre halves with so many important games so soon

Much better second half. We played 4 different formations that game. Beale needs to decide what is best for us going forward. Definitely not the 424 we started with.

Tough pre season against good teams. Real stuff starts next week. Let's go out and blow Killie away.

A decent spell in the second half to see us get a draw, but that was a tough watch.

Strikers not getting the service, midfield and defence poor, this team needs to gel quickly.

At least the comeback gives us something to build on but still some worrying signs defensively

Main positives pre season has been Lammers, Dowell and Butland.

From what I’ve seen so far I would Start with Danilo, Lammers and Cantwell as the front 3 next week

Lundstram surprised me at centre half there. Jack solidified the midfield. Would have like him to try Cantwell and lammers together before taking them off. Sterling looks comfy on the ball. Much better second half but still loads to sort out. Hopefully shift a few players this week and allow us to go and sign a centre back

More questions than answers again from today but defensively an utter shambles and the fact we didn’t change to combat the ball over the full back was criminal

Tav amongst others looks leggy and miles off it and Ridvan is cleary no where near it

Lammers the only positive I’m taking from pre season

Not sure we can take anything positive from pre-season, real lack of passion is evident, soft centred still and seems Cantwell has taken the hype to heart. Offering hee haw this far.

I’m worried, very worried, that we will be handed our @rse on a few occasions this season.
Mate you’re from Nairn, I’d be more worried about neighbours extensions

Quite encouraged by the second half. I’m being honest when I say that I think the front and midfield will do well. Defence is more concerning but, if we are short of a starter, JL is always a backup.

A good fight back. Glad we showed some character. That said the constant playing the ball around at the back inviting a high press needs to stop
100% agree. It's absolute suicide. They are being caught out almost every time. Teams with a faster press will slaughter us.

2nd half was better, defence not great for Europe level at this point but as usual here too many are overrating the SPL which most of it would be hammered by Olympiakos and Hoffenheim

glimpses seen of Danilo were encouraging but we need to give him service, Lammers probably our standout

We all knew this rebuild was going to take 3-4 transfer windows but I really hope the priority for the January and next summer is the defence.

I'm still hoping for another cb this window and that the lad Sterling is decent. I honestly thought yilmaz was going to be a player but deary me how wrong could you be about a player!
The 3-4 windows patter is comfort blanket stuff. Postecoglu came in and won a double in his first season and look what he inherited from TLB. Trophies must be lifted this season. No excuses

As insane as it sounds, I’d be half tempted to start Lundstram at centre half next week.

Borna over Yilmaz.

Raskin, Dowell, Lammers, Cantwell, Danilo and Roofe. Bring Hagi on at half time.

Much better shape in the second half when we went to a 3 at the back changing to a 5 when needed. They still managed to use the wings though they didnt get as much joy as they did in the first half because we were closer to them.

Danilo was busy in and around the box and driving towards the box from outside. He closed them down better than any of the three we had on in the first half even though Lammers scored he didnt do much for me.

Back