MOTM Poll Rangers v Servette - 19:45 Wednesday - BBC TV

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Definitely more of an idea of what's being going on in training tonight. Didn't come off much but can see we tried to break the lines with quick play.

Going to take some time to bed in and the players to get to know each other.

From the hour mark, a man up, other than the Lammers and Dessers efforts, it was disappointing.

Second half was a complete drag, we also always seem to play worse against 10 men.

It's certainly doable but if we lost the first goal over there I think it would be an uphill battle.

We need to learn to break these teams down, and do it it pretty quickly.

I have a lot of belief in the manager but he made zero tactical changes when they went down to 10 men with us in the lead and at home. Im maybe naive in the extreme but I don’t understand that.

Absolutely zero belief in him

Talks an absolute load of bollocks with buzzwords, but no end product.

Should have been a comfortable victory. Didn't feel like they were going to score but we were so wasteful in final third. A few good saves aside, we just kept losing the ball or trying stupid flicks or dummies rather than just trying to do the easy stuff well.

We've won, we go there next week knowing a draw us enough but psv aren't going to be worried about either side tonight.

Our play continuously breaks up in the final 3rd. Clearly a lot of gelling and work to be done.

Souttar first choice partner for goldson without a doubt now.

Don't see what Sima will offer.
Danilo and Dessers need a bit a time. Cantwell is key. Defence solid. Tie is in our favour.
As a support, we jump on the negatives too quickly.

So, another nerve jangling night it is then in Switzerland. I wasn't impressed by Servette at all. A bit less nerves in front of goal, and the tie was done tonight. That Lammers miss could be a real Sliding Doors moment. They were never coming back if that went in the net.

That passing display into the final third was woeful tonight, I'm pleased at the win but we really need to start passing the ball around better in all areas of the pitch.

We need to gel and gel quickly.

Our expensively collected front three were shocking, and please don’t tell me it’s early days, they were dreadful, they can’t pass a one yard ball to a team mate, and the shooting was powderpuff, Lammers puts the work in, but couldn’t score in a brothel, Danilo looked lost, and Dessers is just a plank, on the plus side the defence and midfield looked better. My only hope for next week is that Servette are as bad as we are.

Good 20 not the best 70 after but I can see the new guys starting to click, its little passes here and there that aren't quite clicking together but will come.

Sima looks so far out his depth it's not true, no sense at all he is a foward who can win us games
I,d rather have had Fashion , in fact is rather have Wright. Sima has no close control .
and while I'm on can't understand Lammers or Cowell in front of Hagi.

Might sound mental saying it, but I honestly think playing them on the counter over there might actually suit us. We know we can defend when the game is against us, and we definitely have enough pace to cause them problems.

Id be concerned against better opposition at this present moment, but there’s still work to be done that’s for sure.

Apart from Butland, Goldson and Soutar the rest should all donate their wages to Todd Cantwell. Head and shoulders above everyone else.

2-0 up after only 15 mins. Then we play the last 40 mins against 10 men. We end up taking only a 2-1 lead to Geneva is very poor. This team and this manager is mince.

Great to see that Beale seem to think rather than changing away from the style of play that's not worked for two years, he seems to be leaning into it even more. Complete lack of width and actually feel bad for Tav and Barasic being completely exposed by the narrow shape

As others have said, the worrying thing is there is one word that correctly describes our last two performances. Boring.

Back