Cool and calm, or still pure raging?

theateam

Ok football at times gets yir back up, I suppose it's where you're at in life that gets you upset, or else you just brush it off as a bad day at the office.

I'm now a bad day at the office guy.
The reason for that is simple, we loose a game at football,am I happy no, but there's worse things in this world than being upset for days on end about a Gamo of football.
Example.
How many parents out there have lost a child?
How many children have lost a parent?
I still have a wee cry now and again because I miss my parents,and that's 30yrs now, you think you get over, but for some reason it smacks you right in the face for no reason.
But at the end of the day, I'll always be a Rangers fan.

I didn’t expect us to go through so I’m relatively calm, more disappointed at the manner of the defeat which could be confidence zapping.

The manager must reset their belief & confidence to go again on Sunday, full throttle. Win & win well on Sunday and most people will eventually realise Europa is fine for the season & move on.

I knew it would be tough, but never expected to lose in the manner we did. The CL is way beyond us and last night proved that. Looking forward to the Europa draw tomorrow and then smashing the papes on Sunday.

Rage has turned into disappointment, not seen anything that tells me we are any better than we were last season so far.

We’ve played enough games by now to put your finger on what the strategy is, and let’s be honest, we don’t seem to have one.

Still feeling a bit humbled.

That was a humiliation laid bare for the entire continent.

Others rightly say a win on Sunday will change perspectives - of course we know its just papering over the cracks of a fraud manager and dud signings. But we’ll be satisfied to go top of the league for a while at least

Abgrier this morning as I was more just in disbelief last night. I'm glad we have that mob on Sunday because its make or break time for me with regards to Beale. I'm hopeing he proves me wrong but I'm not sure its so much the players but the manager thats the problem now.

Perfectly balanced in the middle.

Accept that we lost to a better team, disappointment at the manner of the capitulation.

Uneasy about the season ahead.

Pressure was all on the papes on Sunday, all back on us now.

Not shocked or angry to see us capitulate in Europe though, completely used to it.

A bit of both.

At 2-1 I’m thinking we could get another goal or 2 here. They go straight up the park and score to make it 3-1.

If Matondo’s shot off the post goes in to make it 3-2 I’m thinking we could get another and take it to ET.

The 4th killed it and the 5th is just horrible to watch.

I don’t feel it was a 5-1 game. PSV were by far the better team over the 2 legs and deserved to go through. 3-1 or 4-1 would have been a fairer reflection of the match. 5-1 just looks like a hiding and could be confidence sapping for the players.

We absolutely must bounce back on Sunday.

I think the rage most of us feel issue to the manner of the defeat and the ability of this team to repeatedly kick us right in the balls.

I feel fed up with the whole thing right now. I’ve no idea what our set up or what we’re trying to achieve I don’t see any patterns of play. Apart from Butland the new signings have looked ok at best and the majority look quite poor and at this point aren’t the upgrades we need.

Will be there on Sunday but I’m worried that the place could become toxic quickly if they take the lead and we see these players retreat into their shell

I didn’t expect us to go through so I’m relatively calm, more disappointed at the manner of the defeat which could be confidence zapping.

The manager must reset their belief & confidence to go again on Sunday, full throttle. Win & win well on Sunday and most people will eventually realise Europa is fine for the season & move on.
This is it for me

had we lost 2 or 3 - 1 last night It wouldn't have been 2 far from what I expected - the honest answer is we are work in progress and PSV are a far better team than Rangers at this moment - they have a top level experienced manager and have spent a lot of cash on good players as well as there own youth development (its no shock Sangare / Bakayoko are rumoured to be leaving for 30/40m - we know the talent of Tillman / Veerman - Dest has played for AC Milan and Barca - Luuk De Jong ex Barca / Sevilla etc they have a lot of talent - not to mention Saibari who was the best player on the park)

Biggest issue is its the same things over and over again that we keep on doing, if as the season goes on we keep on doing them with the same players the same things will happen - its not rocket science.

Sunday is now massive for Beale - win the game and 2 points clear of Celtic going into the international break and he has some breathing space - lose and he has zero wiggle room and realistically this team would need to go on a long long unbeaten run (which lets be honest we don't look capable of)

Sitting in my hotel room with a sore head and throat. No really annoyed as some thought it was a big ask but it was just the manner of it a lot of pathetic moments from loads of players. Simple thing is keep the ball even if you aren't going forward with it and we struggled big time. Would rather watch us in Europe league we can compete with teams in the champions league the talk is how many are we going to concede. Onto Sunday win that and tonight will hardly be mentioned.

Pressure was all on the papes on Sunday, all back on us now.

Not shocked or angry to see us capitulate in Europe though, completely used to it.
If we had gone out fighting then the pressure would still broadly on them but definitely now on us after that humiliating performance and result.

Scunnered watching this side.

Expected some excitement when we’ve signed 9 players but its mainly been dross.

Big performance needed on Sunday.

Losing I can accept - no club anywhere in the world will win every game, but the manner in which we're losing is annoying me as well as no sign of a style of play. Yes a win on Sunday will help us forget about last night but we also need a performance otherwise I fear it could be just papering over the cracks.

Rage has turned into disappointment, not seen anything that tells me we are any better than we were last season so far.

We’ve played enough games by now to put your finger on what the strategy is, and let’s be honest, we don’t seem to have one.
I've not fleshed this out - but i was wondering - whilst raging last night if we are worse than last year.

Hear me out - Barasic and Tav a year older, and slower. Similar with Jack and Lundstram. Cantwell seem to be getting moved about and not quite fully clicking as a result.

Lost Morelos, Kent, Sakala, Colak and Hagi. Whos stood out this far.....

I`m not saying over the season we are worse, but as of right now, as a work in "progress"

Disgrace of a performance. What makes people think that it was a one off bad night and we,ll be o.k. for Sunday. The team is going backwards under Beale. The defence is a shambles and the "strikers" couldn,t score in a brothel. There has been nothing to suggest this team are going to get better.

Passed it tbh, we will win on Sunday and everything will be fine
You don't have concerns about the bigger picture ? just one win and everythings fine ?

This team is awful, i have been saying in since the start of the season and i'm always met with a furious backlash from the happy clappers.

Still disappointed in the end result and performance. I'm a realist and accepted we got beat of a better team. Last year we done them. It's how things work. There are no guarantees.

But there are far more important things going on in my private life that moves Rangers down the pecking order. When we are playing its all that matters but afterwards its done and dusted. I get to caught up in posts on here though so should definitely avoid this place after a bad result. The negativity is actually unbearable. Its a game of football. That's all. It's a hobby. If that's all you personally have in your life then I'm sorry your going to be unhappy and raging for more of your life than not.

We are still in the league Cup. Still in Europe with a great chance to be so after Christmas. We have a great chance to beat them on Sunday to go 2 points above then and maybe top of the league.

If someone had offered me that position before the season had started then I would have bitten their hands off for that.

Sorry I will add. Its only August

Much the same for me.

Conceding five, though. That’s a sore one. It has left me doubting our defence again.

Anyway, onto Shame FC on Sunday. Do them and all will be well with the world again. :))

Still very angry and still left wondering where we're actually going. Getting a good result on Saturday will of course change our thoughts and feelings until the next time.

It's just the manner of the defeat I can't get out my head. The lack of any fight or effort from the leadership team. The leaving big money players out of the game. Leaving a clearly struggling player on the pitch losing the ball with every touch. Just a lack of any form of wanting to win or do well.

Mhanks have had a free run in Europe for 10 years, done nothing, but their supporters don't care, as they have won numerous domestic trophies. Time to get our priorities right.

You don't have concerns about the bigger picture ? just one win and everythings fine ?

This team is awful, i have been saying in since the start of the season and i'm always met with a furious backlash from the happy clappers.
I’m saying that’s how the vast majority of football fans think. We win and beat them comfortably the vast majority won’t even care about the result last night.

Just flat.

We've been pumped before and we'll be pumped again but the manner of the defeats over the last couple of seasons makes me queasy. As does the fact that I am failing to see any real improvement in us whatsoever except in between the sticks. I'm consoling myself with it still being early days and there being time for them to gel and improve.

A win on Sunday and a deep Europa League run is a must for me now.

There are times when you just hold your hands up and say beaten by the better side there, that’s fair enough.

However conceding goals because your midfield aren’t tracking their men, free crosses into the box followed by your centrehalf ball watching as their player attacks the ball to score isn’t acceptable at any level of football.

Are PSV a better side than us? Absolutely but then the other side of that coin is we are a far better side than Killie, County and Morton yet never blew any of them away.

Still feeling a bit humbled.

That was a humiliation laid bare for the entire continent.

Others rightly say a win on Sunday will change perspectives - of course we know its just papering over the cracks of a fraud manager and dud signings. But we’ll be satisfied to go top of the league for a while at least
Ooft I thought Brenda had the Fraud title all to himself.lol

Ok football at times gets yir back up, I suppose it's where you're at in life that gets you upset, or else you just brush it off as a bad day at the office.

I'm now a bad day at the office guy.
The reason for that is simple, we loose a game at football,am I happy no, but there's worse things in this world than being upset for days on end about a Gamo of football.
Example.
How many parents out there have lost a child?
How many children have lost a parent?
I still have a wee cry now and again because I miss my parents,and that's 30yrs now, you think you get over, but for some reason it smacks you right in the face for no reason.
But at the end of the day, I'll always be a Rangers fan.
I'm not as irate as I would usually be. I was relieved at the end the scoreline wasn't worse. We were still fannying around on the edge of our box as we do every single game. Sometimes launching the ball hard and fast upfield when you have a pacy runner like Matondo is a far better option than taking risks.

I'm now concentrating on Sunday, it's make or break time for Beale I reckon.

Angry that we keep making the same mistakes but wasn't expecting to go through last night if I'm honest.

Regroup and beat them on Sunday. We have a league to win and we're still in Europe in a competition we can be more competitive in, albeit with less money.

It was one game. Keep the faith.

To be honest, I was surprised we even got past Servette. Not taking a lead to Eindhoven I felt was going to be costly and I was correct - not that it's making the manner of defeat any more palatable.

Generally I looked at this tie being a "don't get your hopes up" type of thing. Still didn't stop me from being in a lady's front bottom of a mood. Around 16 months ago we were into a European final with plaudits coming from all directions. Since then we've been reguarly humiliated and ruined that legacy.

All that said, I've got other things to deal with family-wise - so I'm trying not to let the football affect me as much as before.

Back