Cool and calm, or still pure raging?

As others have said, I'm more worried about what the type of defeat does for our chances on Sunday, than bothered about losing to PSV in itself.

Qualifying was always an outside chance so that'll be forgotten about quickly, but we do need to win at the weekend, or everything else becomes magnified.

Remember its football - one team has to lose for one to win. The PSV fans were no doubt in a similar meltdown this time last year.

Rinse it off and enjoy* the next match.

* if you don't enjoy it - perhaps consider doing something else.

I’m not sure it is not because of the CL last season but last night did not have the same impact on me a heavy defeat normally would. It raises fears for Sunday, but Sunday, even this early, was always going to be a match with far more importance than 3 points.

I guess I am hunting for positives but if we come out firing in the league, win the first cup and have a decent showing in the EL then last night will fade into history very quickly.

Over it now, we aren’t a champions league team at the moment and last night showed it once again. Onto Sunday as it’s a must win!

I can get angry during the game, but one of the reasons that I guess people can get wound up with me on here is that I always get rational, cool and calm pretty quick.

In saying that, I’m breaking my main rule which is don’t be on here for at least 48 hours after a defeat.

I am more worried about the mentality of the squad. Playing against quality teams as soon as the other team pulls away… heads go down and it ends up 5 going on 20.

I was angry last night and a little embarrassed when it was all over at that score line.
A euro drubbing to follow on from last seasons euro drubbings.
Football fans being football fans however means beating them or even better pumping them Sunday
All is forgiven and we’re talking about winning trebles again haha

Not raging but concerned that we’ve wasted another summer and are actually worse than we were.

Calm in relation to the outcome, I predicted we would lose by 4 goals, a blind man could see the first good team we played would do us serious damage and the away leg was were it was more likely to happen.Raging that we have so many players that can't do the effing basics on the field of play,, not just last night, a long standing problem!. If we are being honest we are a shambles right now.

Still raging because PSV arent great, we made them look better by playing like cowards and that covers the manager and team performance...

I'm not raging, PSV are a good side on a good run. Peter Bosz is a much better and more experienced manager than Ruud Van Nistelrooy was last season. They handled us a professionally and were aided by a bit of a defensive collapse last night.

Our successes in Europe recently have come from being solid, hardworking and good on the counter. Our failures in Scotland have come from being too pragmatic, not dynamic or ruthless enough in the final third.

Beale is clearly trying to change that balance domestically towards being a side that creates higher quality chances and finishes them more regularly. At a high level, I think it's fair to say, we will struggle in Europe in the short-term whilst the players adapt to this setup and become the footballing team that he is hoping we become. Once that happens we can hopefully go toe to toe with decent teams in Europe and out play them, instead of out working or out fighting them (hopefully these are qualities that we retain!)

That is assuming that we have done good business in the summer and most of the players will come good, and that Beale is the man to oversee that transition.

Personally, right now, I would bite your hand off to win the league cup, the league and finish 3rd in our EL group. Massive game on Sunday.

Still feeling a bit humbled.

That was a humiliation laid bare for the entire continent.

Others rightly say a win on Sunday will change perspectives - of course we know its just papering over the cracks of a fraud manager and dud signings. But we’ll be satisfied to go top of the league for a while at least
MB said on TNT last night that we've a chance to go top this weekend and it's in our own hands......it isn't, if Motherwell and / or St Mirren win they'll still be above us even if we win.

Always thought we would struggle to qualify, away back when we didn't win the league. Happy we got as far as we did, but still feel we let ourselves down last night. They have cracking individual talent, we have let's be honest, pretty mediocre talent at that level. Was annoyed last night more about tactics/shape than the result, like most, it's something that's concerned me for a while. So, pretty cool today, battle fever will start tomorrow, maybe today depending how far down the old footage route I go, then see where we stand next week.

A shot in the EL, with a good draw, could see us have another decent run, hopefully picking up results and building confidence week on week. In the CL, like the mutants, I think we could have been facing a lot of nights like last night, piling the pressure on the players, week after week, draining confidence, testing the fans patience. Hopefully that's what they face now.

Come May, this could have been the best thing to have happened to us

As lots of others have said people are raging not only about last nights resuly but also the performance & how unorganised we looked & how that may impact Sunday now
The pressure is now back on Rangers

Ok football at times gets yir back up, I suppose it's where you're at in life that gets you upset, or else you just brush it off as a bad day at the office.

I'm now a bad day at the office guy.
The reason for that is simple, we loose a game at football,am I happy no, but there's worse things in this world than being upset for days on end about a Gamo of football.
Example.
How many parents out there have lost a child?
How many children have lost a parent?
I still have a wee cry now and again because I miss my parents,and that's 30yrs now, you think you get over, but for some reason it smacks you right in the face for no reason.
But at the end of the day, I'll always be a Rangers fan.
Raging at the fact we have Beale as our manager and we allowed him to spunk all that cash to improve our bench but regress our starting 11!
Bisgrove should never have allowed him free rein to spend all that money middle to front and not tackle a defence made up of serial losers who have failed us time and again!!

I can accept getting beat, I thought we would have been beaten last night but the manner in which we did is just completely wrong, the manner of the defeat irks me
This. Conceding from a set piece right after getting back into it was so typical of us. 3-1 was an 'acceptable' scoreline, 4-1 probably reflected PSVs dominance. 5-1 was embarrassing. They finished above Ajax last season and they scudded us, but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Now cool and calm. Really didn’t expect or want to enter champions league groups at this stage.
Team is still bedding in and should grow into europa league.
My main focus is on league title anyway.
I did think last night that we could and perhaps should have scored a further 2. Felt sorry for Matondo hitting post. Alas horror defending cost us.

Not raging, just the stark reality of how poor we are and what a difficult watch we are going to be yet again this season.

Shipping goals whenever we face a semi decent team, labouring to score at the other end. That’s life as a Rangers fan nowadays.

I'm not raging, PSV are a good side on a good run. Peter Bosz is a much better and more experienced manager than Ruud Van Nistelrooy was last season. They handled us a professionally and were aided by a bit of a defensive collapse last night.

Our successes in Europe recently have come from being solid, hardworking and good on the counter. Our failures in Scotland have come from being too pragmatic, not dynamic or ruthless enough in the final third.

Beale is clearly trying to change that balance domestically towards being a side that creates higher quality chances and finishes them more regularly. At a high level, I think it's fair to say, we will struggle in Europe in the short-term whilst the players adapt to this setup and become the footballing team that he is hoping we become. Once that happens we can hopefully go toe to toe with decent teams in Europe and out play them, instead of out working or out fighting them (hopefully these are qualities that we retain!)

That is assuming that we have done good business in the summer and most of the players will come good, and that Beale is the man to oversee that transition.

Personally, right now, I would bite your hand off to win the league cup, the league and finish 3rd in our EL group. Massive game on Sunday.
Common sense at last. Well said.

To be honest I only watched 30 minutes, and wasn’t able to keep up with the score until 3am This morning. I don’t mind losing to a decent side like that, however the second half capitulation is totally unacceptable. They’ll score points in the CL groups if they don’t sell Bakoyoko and Sangare

Didn’t enjoy the champions league experience last season at all, kinda glad to be in with teams we can compete with.

I do despise Sunday league games however, that annoys me and will mean I’ll do next to no away trips this season.

Always playing catch up again adds a pressure I’m not sure this squad has the bottle to cope with

The thing is we are still doing the same as the last few years (last night aside as they are a decent team) we don't seem to be able to defend free kicks/corners,build up far too slow,our full backs getting left exposed and no width in team.We don't seem to have a set plan or the players we have are incapable of carrying out managers instructions.Maybe we have too many players who have been there for years as we are still getting caught out most games the same way.

I'm angry. I don't care too much that we're in the EL instead of the CL. I don't care too much that PSV beat us.

But 5-1 and the way we went about everything last night is infuriating and a huge concern. Absolute basics missing. We looked clueless. That simply isn't good enough tbh.

I’ve no problem with going out to PSV. The better team won and deserved to go through. My biggest concern is the development of this team. Just not seeing it yet. Keep saying to myself it will come good. I hope to god it does on Sunday

Not raging, just the stark reality of how poor we are and what a difficult watch we are going to be yet again this season.

Shipping goals whenever we face a semi decent team, labouring to score at the other end. That’s life as a Rangers fan nowadays.
All true.

I’d appreciate less of the bullshit from the higher ups about being ‘competitive’. Whilst it’s not exactly patronising clap trap, it borders on it at times.

I’ve had a long held belief that our custodians aren’t big enough to run Rangers but have chosen not to air that opinion for fear of being shouted down by or being patted on the head by, some of the rocket scientists on here who post crap about ‘dinosaurs’ and ‘Rangers Da’s’.

I like to think that I live in the real world and fully acknowledge that playing in Scotland overwhelmingly hampers any notion of serious ambition. But surely to God, a greater degree of competence can be achieved even allowing for the financial strictures that we are forced to operate under.

Just because you can work a balance sheet doesn’t necessarily mean that you can run a football club optimally. But hey, where have we heard that one before?

What annoys me the most isn’t the result, it’s the negativity on here. We were beaten by a team with a bigger budget and better players, as we should have been. All fell to pieces in the last 20 minutes but there was 1 goal between the sides after 160 minutes of a 180 minute tie.

The worrying thing is the apathy I had to last nights tie - almost like we arent going to win and due to the UCL performances last year - a bit of uncertainty of, is it really worth it to go through ? To get absolutely smashed again every 2 weeks - which is demoralising. I wasnt even remotely on the edge of my seat watching it - strangely calm, really weird. I knew we need and should qualify for the UCL - but deep down knew we arent good enough for that level.

Dire straits

Fu(kin raging. Beale’s inability or refusal to change tactics or make substitutions when it’s blatantly obvious things are not going to plan coupled by the fact after all the signings we made we’re stuck with a back 4 consisting of 3 players towards the end of their careers and getting visibly slower by the week.
New outfield players ‘might’ come good and that’s a gamble we have to take given the finances but the back 4 will I’m afraid cost us dearly.

For me it’s more scunnered and almost an acceptance at moment. I don’t buy into the bigger budget thing with PSV. Sure they have a couple of very good individuals, but when they get free headers, free shots, free runs at our goals and we play in such a schoolboy fashion, the inquest should be about what we do and continue to do wrong rather than what they did right.

The whole game they were able to make simple passes thru our lines to unmarked player and we hardly left a mark in them. That’s just basic marking and tracking. We hardly made a tackle on them either. Their right winger tore both Borna and Sterling a new one, but we hardly laid a glove on him physically. No obstruction or trips to break up his play and our FBs never got close enough to him when he was waiting on a pass to perhaps prevent that pass in first place. Same on Tavs side with Lang.

We are just really poor at the footballing basics at moment. Is that coaching,style, player weaknesses or all of the above.

A good result on Sunday would rightfully be celebrated but would be papering over the cracks of some big issues we currently have.

I'm calm now, but if I see the score line anywhere it still irks me. Sunday the full focus now, and a win will set us right (albeit still with some valid concerns)

I’m fine. I’m more annoyed/angry at the transfer business we’ve done and the result at Kilmarnock on the opening day of the season than I am last night.

Last night was a complete free hit IMO and as long as we win on Sunday, this week will have been a positive one football wise.

More worried than angry.

It’s fully apparent our manager is useless and we’ve wasted a fortune over the summer. Our only hope is the scum being worse than we are.

Winning the title is the only thing that matters to me this season. Yes it was a shocker last night, go out on Sunday and win and be relentless in the league.

We have struggled in a lot of games since Beales has been appointed and the football not been the best to watch last night was embarrassing.
More resigned to what's happening.

Rage subsides a lot quicker these days to be honest, within minutes of the final whistle if I honest, in a list of important things in my life Rangers are not even top 5, more to worry myself about. Still love going to games, beating the scum and so on but learned to shrug things off as I got older.

The anger goes pretty quickly tbh, usually later on in the night - but I don't forget.

I'll remember how the manager made a pigs ear of it and how poor some of the players are. That's what lives with me rather than the anger after a humiliating result.

They do have Sunday to redeem themselves though. It's up to them to show us how hungry they are and how much they want to make amends.

I'm unsure about their character. Sunday will tell me an awful lot.

Calm.

Didn't expect to win, albeit not in that manner.

I don't see any point in being raging this early in the season.

Looking forward to Sunday, more cup games and a Europa League campaign.

Back