Official The Summer 2023 Rangers Transfer Window Rumours and Deals - Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘We need a Kent replacement and a LCB’

‘Sakala leaving wasn’t part of the plans’

‘We’re done and I’m happy’

Those 3 statements don’t make sense together

After what appeared to be a great window up until August appears to have unraveled a bit and the general mood now when we wake up tomorrow will be disappointment and dejavu

I always found 6 cans to be the safe limit. Possibly can even stretch it to 8. But certainly every can after that has an exponential effect. 12+ is bed pishing territory.
I strongly suspected we'd do no business. After missing the CL spending more money was always going to be a tall order.

Stokes 40% offer on Davies wages gets better with every can anaw

I really thought he was one for the future. Why can't our young players kick on at that age? You see it happening in Holland all the time. Same as Belgium and Germany. It just never happens for us, which is absolutely shite. I'd love to see 4 or 5 young players coming through and making it in the one season. Then 1 or 2 every season afterwards.

we’ve mutually terminated josh mcpake contract, he had a year left on decent money as was our top prospect at the time of his deal

Yeah that's crazy to think of. Theirs no chance they 2 are better than John & Connor. We just need a very good defensive coach.
was listening to sheep game coming home from airport after PSV game Willie Miller was freaking out at sheep's back 3 and kept repeating " i don't know what they're doing " when a defender of Willie Miller notices stuff at 0-0 was the end result such a shock ? maybe an respected coach in that area might be a wise investment

‘We need a Kent replacement and a LCB’

‘Sakala leaving wasn’t part of the plans’

‘We’re done and I’m happy’

Those 3 statements don’t make sense together

After what appeared to be a great window up until August appears to have unraveled a bit and the general mood now when we wake up tomorrow will be disappointment and dejavu

Do the statements not make sense together because they were said at different times??

Just a thought

There was me thinking the day was going to just pass us by without anything to get excited about, and then bang, out of nowhere we get the super exciting news that Josh McPake has mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

What an exciting season we’re in for now.

If Davies ends up staying he will be laughing his head off win win situation for him not for us why the %^*& didn't we try and offload him weeks ago we knew the rumours and noise surrounding him yet we did nothing to try and facilitate a potential move.

This is typical us last hours of the window we badly need a CB and predictably we can't shift Davies because we've left it too late.

With outgoings this window the indecision to offload players has been infuriating yeah we need bids and buyers fair enough but not enough has been done imo to trim the squad this summer and we are short in at least 1 or 2 areas despite breaking even for the window.

I really thought he was one for the future. Why can't our young players kick on at that age? You see it happening in Holland all the time. Same as Belgium and Germany. It just never happens for us, which is absolutely shite. I'd love to see 4 or 5 young players coming through and making it in the one season. Then 1 or 2 every season afterwards.
We don’t play them.

If Davies ends up staying he will be laughing his head off win win situation for him not for us why the %^*& didn't we try and offload him weeks ago we knew the rumours and noise surrounding him yet we did nothing to try and facilitate a potential move.

This is typical us last hours of the window we badly need a CB and predictably we can't shift Davies because we've left it too late.

With outgoings this window the indecision to offload players has been infuriating yeah we need bids and buyers fair enough but not enough has been done imo to trim the squad this summer and we are short in at least 1 or 2 areas despite breaking even for the window.
There's no "if" about it. The window is done for us, Davies is going nowhere.

The manager is on record today as saying we were far down the line towards signing a LCB a month ago but lost out to an EPL team. That begs the question as to why we never had a back up? And if we were so close to signing a CB a month ago without shipping someone out first, why are we now seemingly reliant on Davies leaving first?

With outgoings this window the indecision to offload players has been infuriating yeah we we need bids and buyers fair enough but not enough has been to trim the squad this summer and we are short in at least 1 or 2 areas despite breaking even for the window.

Who are the players we should have been trying to sell on top of who have already gone?

Wright?
Davies?
Borna?

I think we shifted a huge number out and in and the club have done a good job from that perspective.

Not perfect

It's a shambles that our defence hasn't been addressed properly this summer. Need to just hope it all clicks together for Beale. He's got a perfect opportunity to get everyone back on side on Sunday.
It’s just a shame he’s got absolutely no credit in the bank to give us confidence we will get the right result.

We absolutely have the players to do this mob, it’s a case of us doing it as a team; and it being the right team on the park to do it.

Looks to me like the failure to get past PSV has changed the situation
And yet the manager said a week ago the financial situation wouldn’t be drastically affected.

This was a position the board took a year ago too if you recall when speccy was wheeled out to tell us the “Champions League isn’t really worth that much more than the Europa League”.

Do the statements not make sense together because they were said at different times??

Just a thought

Things aren't allowed nuance in our support. Sakala leaving wasn't in the plan, but Scott Wright leaving was, for example. But the latter didn't happen. Same with Davies, pretty clear we wanted him to move on (and possibly thought he would) but it didn't happen. So we have the LCB and winger...just not ones we want.

The manager is on record today as saying we were far down the line towards signing a LCB a month ago but lost out to an EPL team. That begs the question as to why we never had a back up? And if we were so close to signing a CB a month ago without shipping someone out first, why are we now seemingly reliant on Davies leaving first?

It’s possible Davies was close to getting a move and the pieces were going in the right direction.

Would imagine there is a lot of moving parts

It’s possible Davies was close to getting a move and the pieces were going in the right direction.

Would imagine there is a lot of moving parts
According to Empire on here, Davies has never been encouraged to leave and never been particularly close to leaving at any point. Beale admitted today that LCB was a priority but he’s delighted with our business even though this area was never actually improved upon.

And yet the manager said a week ago the financial situation wouldn’t be drastically affected.

This was a position the board took a year ago too if you recall when speccy was wheeled out to tell us the “Champions League isn’t really worth that much more than the Europa League”.
The manager also said he had the biggest budget of a Rangers manager in a long time, our nett spend doesn’t tie in with that.

Maybe Beale needs to keep his thoughts in house, that’s not something the rest of the world needs to know

We don’t play them.
I know. And it infuriates me. Is it because their not good enough or is it because there is too much pressure on us winning trophies? Walter was giving the young players a chance on his last stint. If they go to a pish team then they will never be noticed, if they got a good run in our team I think they would make it. I wish we would give players like Pake a half decent run in the first team before just giving up on them.

You literally don't know that. Unless you work for Rangers.

Things aren't allowed nuance in our support. Sakala leaving wasn't in the plan, but Scott Wright leaving was, for example. But the latter didn't happen. Same with Davies, pretty clear we wanted him to move on (and possibly thought he would) but it didn't happen. So we have the LCB and winger...just not ones we want.

Yup, a few hours on this board and you realise that most of the posters don’t believe in free will!

”we, the support, decree anything less that a goal a game and clean sheets at a rate that we can’t substantiate literally at any time in our history is a fuckin disgrace and everyone including the guy cleaning boots should be sacked. Yesterday!”

He is teetotal isn't he?
The big man says he is teetotal.
I've found that many recovering alcoholics hide from admitting they are are back on it. Current family members included.
I've not read Roberts posts tonight but he is a good guy with Brilliant sense of humour.
The louden is a cracking pub.

According to Empire on here, Davies has never been encouraged to leave and never been particularly close to leaving at any point. Beale admitted today that LCB was a priority but he’s delighted with our business even though this area was never actually improved upon.
One thing to learn is that empire or any posters on here don’t know what’s going on. They feed off scraps off info here and there. Unless he is Davies or his mate , how would he or anyone know what’s been personally said between him and the manager.

The manager also said he had the biggest budget of a Rangers manager in a long time, our nett spend doesn’t tie in with that.

Maybe Beale needs to keep his thoughts in house, that’s not something the rest of the world needs to know

One drives the other though. The amount we can spend comes largely from the player trading model, so Beale's budget comes from selling players.

I've found that many recovering alcoholics hide from admitting they are are back on it. Current family members included.
I've not read Roberts posts tonight but he is a good guy with Brilliant sense of humour.

What a strange comment to make

Not sure why you needed those first three sentences in that post.

Reactions: Moz
I know. And it infuriates me. Is it because their not good enough or is it because there is too much pressure on us winning trophies? Walter was giving the young players a chance on his last stint. If they go to a pish team then they will never be noticed, if they got a good run in our team I think they would make it. I wish we would give players like Pake a half decent run in the first team before just giving up on them.
They don’t play because they aren’t good enough. They end up leaving and playing at a far lower level than Rangers and the players that are good enough get snapped up early from teams down South.

Who have we released or not given a chance to that has went on to be a top player?

How do you know this? If we want someone out, I highly doubt the relevant people at the club have been sitting on their hands for months.

Maybe he wants to stay, or maybe we didn’t get a decent offer. Just because something didn’t happen, does not mean that no effort was made. We don’t know all the ins and outs.

From Beales press conference today, sounds like he's going to be looking for a defender in January. Said he feels we have enough to see us through, until the next transfer window.
Sounds like aye got enough shopping in from corner shop till I get to Asda :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back