MOTM Poll Rangers v Livingston - 20:00 Wednesday - Viaplay Sports

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It wasn’t too long ago when he was top scorer in the conference league, Feyenoord couldn’t afford him so fans tried to set up a gofundme to try and get him in.

I’m hoping it’s just a case of him getting a couple of goals in a row then things will click.

He looked like he was coming into a game during the first leg against PSV but it’s like he has no confidence just now.
Still doesn’t look fully fit to me

I’ll try and stay positive and focus on the last 20 mins and not that section of the game after the goal
Defended well, sima & Ridvan different class.

BBC still laying it on thick re our first goal and the horrendous foul that Sima committed, martingale milked it no end.
However the scum fan interviewing MB bottled it by not asking his opinion perhaps just in case he told him the goal was fair and no questions to ask...

Have you ever watched live games where he runs from one side of the pitch to the other to take these kicks thereby negating the quick corner or as seen in several games where cantwell has “waited “ for Tav to come over. Open your eyes Tav is the captain and indeed he decides.
No, the managers decide. Honestly what a simpleton.

Actually left a Rangers game happy.. What a difference it is having a full back that doesnt send long deep balls into the box. I worry about big Dessers up top now until the break though.

Most points have been covered already but just a quick mention about Sterling.
Sometimes coming on for a few minutes at the end is not enough to get into a game, but all credit, stepped in and played a nice move very naturally to make the last goal. Dessers and Lammers pulling defenders away to make space for Jack.

Have you ever watched live games where he runs from one side of the pitch to the other to take these kicks thereby negating the quick corner or as seen in several games where cantwell has “waited “ for Tav to come over. Open your eyes Tav is the captain and indeed he decides.
Watched live games?
I go to games if that’s what you mean.

Yeah, Cantwell waits for Tav to take the corner, he also waits for Borna to take them from the other side. Teams have dedicated set play takers. That’s football. I’m guessing you’ve not really been involved in football at any level if you don’t know that.

BBC still laying it on thick re our first goal and the horrendous foul that Sima committed, martingale milked it no end.
However the scum fan interviewing MB bottled it by not asking his opinion perhaps just in case he told him the goal was fair and no questions to ask...
I'm not surprised at the claims for a foul, it's Scottish football, good on Collum for insisting the Livi player dived. We all witnessed Motherwell on Sunday falling about and getting free kicks from Alan Muir especially the one where the Motherwell player ran into the side of Borna, fell down and Muir gave a free kick to Motherwell. VAR working properly on that occasion tonight.

See post 152
Post 152? What am I supposed to be looking for here?

I assume you meant 1152 where the poster is talking about the Cantwell and Tubes golf video, where cantwell says Tav takes the free kicks, he’s the club captain and he’s pretty good at them to be fair?
That is your genius point? Jesus wept you’re clueless.

Most points have been covered already but just a quick mention about Sterling.
Sometimes coming on for a few minutes at the end is not enough to get into a game, but all credit, stepped in and played a nice move very naturally to make the last goal. Dessers and Lammers pulling defenders away to make space for Jack.
took a throw in that was not the usual hospital ball back to the thrower, its not difficult. Hopefully we will start putting a man in front of the near post at corners to make sure it clears the first defender

So Tav decides he's taking all corners, and the manager just lets him? The manager doesn't tell one of the other players to take it if they're closer or have the opportunity for a quick one?

And the players just let it happen? Cantwell knows that he can take a quick corner and that the manager is ok with it, but he just lets Tav take it?

Doesn't really make sense does it.

Tough game to watch up until the second goal then we got a bit more comfortable.

Crowd was very quiet throughout the game I felt, right up until Dessers started to fluff his lines then the groans began.

I thought Yilmaz and Lundstram were very good and Davies looked comfortable at the back. Goldson did well but their forward gave him a few toughies in the first half to deal with.

Jack was good without being outstanding and Tav was very slack at times going forward, although he did put a great ball in for the 4th.

We played ok, still some signs that we need to speed up passing up and be more brave on the ball but 4-0 is a great score line in an otherwise average game.

Still doesn’t look fully fit to me
He is a very limited footballer. Tonight was the first I have seen him in the flesh and nothing suggests he will ever be a player. He looked fit enough, but he didn’t know what to do the minute he had a look at the net. It’s clearly a bit of confidence because the stadium was on his back after the 3rd time he done something wrong but out then all I would put money on him being the first of the new signing out the door

I must say well done Rangers for giving us a routine win at long last.
That’s the first time for some while we’ve had such a routine performance when I didn’t feel any real anxiety at all during the game.

Happy enough with that decent periods injuries worrying for sat but happy enough all around tonight

Lets hope this is us this is the basis for when the better players shake off the injuries

Four goals, a clean sheet, and we were never really threatened the entire match. All in all a good night's work you would think.

I suppose it was.

So why don't I feel more enthusiastic? Maybe because the first hour was a painful watch. The three goals that came after put a gloss on things, but we still looked like a team with no game plan for much of the match

Why wasn’t Baillie Rice not given a run out tonight? Beale has been on record that this boy can go far. So we are comfortably winning the game and he brings on Sterling, Wright and Souttar. Bizarre if you ask me. I was looking forward to seeing young Rice given maybe the last 15 minutes or so.

To be fair and imho I thought the push on the Livi defender by Sima in the lead up to the first goal was more of a blatant foul than those by Morelos on Plug at the Piggery and the one on Lagerlout that Robertson reviewed so he could cancel a few weeks ago, the cheating/inconsistency* from the match officials is absolutely mind boggling, Collum had two nudges on opponents to deal with in the same area (in front of UB's) one a foul by us the other a foul by them result free kick Livi and a play on for Livi gaining possession but after EASTER Rd red card Lundstrum, yellow card Hibs ,nowt surprises me with Collum.
What this suggests to me is that the OF games will decide the title the Refs will decide who wins them!

Decent performance, four goals scored, none conceded and into the semi's...what's not to like?
C'mon guys, let's just take some pleasure from a good nights work and leave the bickering for another day!

Watched live games?
I go to games if that’s what you mean.

Yeah, Cantwell waits for Tav to take the corner, he also waits for Borna to take them from the other side. Teams have dedicated set play takers. That’s football. I’m guessing you’ve not really been involved in football at any level if you don’t know that.
Less of your arrogance and cheek. I played amateur foot ball. If you have nothing constructive to say apart from insults then best not to comment.

Decent performance, four goals scored, none conceded and into the semi's...what's not to like?
C'mon guys, let's just take some pleasure from a good nights work and leave the bickering for another day!
Nice thought maybe wishful thinking with the prophets of doom FFs we won 4 nil what will it take to make them happy 10 or so. We are improving and we are getting results. four nil is a very good result Go Rangers.

Watched about 30 mins of the match on catch up, including all goals.

Sima man of the match for me, based on his goal and the fact he never stopped running for the 90mins (as far as I could tell)

Dessers is not an out and out striker. To be honest I’m not sure we actually have one of those? He is more of a link up striker that plays well with a main striker playing off him.

I reckon that’s where we have went wrong tbh.

Perhaps Danilo may be the main striker we are looking for, but if he is out for the next 4-6 weeks then we will never know how good he is and the jury will have already been well and truly out on Dessers by that point.

Most of the first half we were on there goal. 80% position think it was first half
84% at one point yet we done the square root of zero with it bat the goal and a good save from George.
Played with our backs to goal almost the entire half, petrified to lose a pass.
Only Ridvan & Sima can take any credit from it as both kept going. It was that safe that Roofe was coming to take the ball from the CH’s.

Great result. Great scoreline. Much better in the 2nd half. During the 1st keeping possession by always passing back to the defence when a pass forward was possible had me annoyed. Sima troubled their defence as did Ridvan. So, some good positives. 4-0 is pretty decent and another clean sheet. Now onto Hampden.

Could actually see some patterns of play last night.

The 4th goal in particular is one we see nearly every time in the training videos yet rarely transfers over to games :))

+’s - Yilmaz was excellent, offers so much variety to his game. Can go down the line, can drive inside, even his crossing looks improved.

Sima was also very good. Did a lot of good running in behind to stretch the game, 1st goal was an excellent finish.

Davies, Lundstram also good.

-‘s : Dessers. Actually did well to chop inside a guy but just does not want to shoot. Utterly devoid of confidence & that has to change quickly. We have no other fit strikers so this is his chance to grab it.

Cifuentes. Looks better running onto the ball rather than receiving the ball in midfield. So many safe 3-5 yard passes. Played like a glorified water carrier tonight.

Less of your arrogance and cheek. I played amateur foot ball. If you have nothing constructive to say apart from insults then best not to comment.
It's hard to be constructive when you actually think that a player picks who takes set plays.
I could get it if you were being intentionally obtuse to make a point, but the fact you actually believe that is quite frankly scary.

Back