Summer Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay mate wasn't meaning to have a go at you specifically, just that particular argument that I've seen a lot of on here.

FWIW I'd still sign Besic (if we were actually in for him, which I doubt) and maybe look at loaning out McCrorie or something along those lines tbh.

He would be the main man for us in the middle of the park & make that defensive midfield role his own if we signed him. I also see Rossiter & Jack as players who could play different roles in the middle of the park (not necessarily consigned to defensive mids), or even along side Besic if we wanted.

But overall the extra quality in the middle of the park would be worth pursuing for the right price IMO.
You’d loan out McCrorie ?

Not saying we're gonna sign Besic, but if he's an upgrade on those 3 then simply yes.

There was folk telling us before they wouldn't take Lucas for the same reason you've just mentioned ffs.

Take it if Salah wants to sign for us we'll just knock him back because we've already got Candeias?
Z2tE.gif

Seen and done requires a prefix of have!

English people don’t make the school boy error. Only Scottish people have the need to sound or read like uneducated morons!

Now I’ve got that off my chest you can all get back to discussing the height of McCorie!

I seen him last week and he wis big!

Dont confuse prefixes with the present perfect.

English people are the worst speakers of English.

Now enough of this pish and back to the topic.

Last edited:
Berahino? The same Berahino that hasn't scored in more than two years and was sent to rehab by Paul Lambert for being overweight? Aye, he'll get on fine up here eh?

Hi there i have been watching the forum for a couple of months now i signed up to get involved in chat ect but what is happening in this thread ? Clicking on it cause theres suppose to be transfer talk ect and all i can see for the last few pages is ppl arguing amongst ourselves.
Comon to f*** ppl we are acting like that mob across the city

Berahino? The same Berahino that hasn't scored in more than two years and was sent to rehab by Paul Lambert for being overweight? Aye, he'll get on fine up here eh?

The source is a guy who’s mate thought he seen someone that might have looked like him passing by in a car, I wouldn’t be getting concerned about his suitability just yet:D

Hi there i have been watching the forum for a couple of months now i signed up to get involved in chat ect but what is happening in this thread ? Clicking on it cause theres suppose to be transfer talk ect and all i can see for the last few pages is ppl arguing amongst ourselves.

Mate if you think thats arguing you’ll be calling in the SAS once the season starts for real.

I’m a good judge of character and I reckon you, Ryan, are the man to kickstart this whole thread into overdrive again. We need a hero.

Give us a name.

This thread is a car crash.
Seems that most threads on this board these days are de railed.
Can we get back to transfer talk please?
I've got a feeling Goldson will be the first of a few next week.

This thread is a car crash.
Seems that most threads on this board these days are de railed.
Can we get back to transfer talk please?
I've got a feeling Goldson will be the first of a few next week.

Is it a car crash or a derailing? Commit to a mode of transport! :)

Any train reference reminds me of the halcyon days of the Gerrard Express thread.

Gone but not forgotten.

The thread has taken a bit of a dive because nothing is happening (that we definitively know of).

And nothing is going to be announced until Friday at the very earliest when the new gaffer starts.

Everyone needs to chill out a bit, the reason all the "stupid" chat is happening is due to there being nothing else to occupy the space. Things will pick up again in a few days.

If we are lucky we might get Goldson or another random player flying into Glasgow on Thursday night to get us all excited again.

We need some decent rumours to get the thread back on track.

Besic would be a great signing if there is any substance to that one. Would expect that the majority of moves we are looking at will be done in the next couple of weeks so they can travel with the squad to Spain on 17th June.

I’m a good judge of character and I reckon you, Ryan, are the man to kickstart this whole thread into overdrive again. We need a hero.

Give us a name.
i honestly think we will get lucas i don't have any sources ect just honestly think we will get that one over the line

I'm really starting to feel good about this season ahead with gerrard at the helm
yes he has no managerial experience but he sounds like a really intelligent man .
Also that he pointed out the fact in one of the interviews i have watched that he
knew that brendas tactics were weak and had more flaws than positives in that season
they were going for the league shows that even when playing he was taking tactics ect in .

i born winner and would do anything and everything to succeed that is the man to take our
great club forward ...

Mate if you think thats arguing you’ll be calling in the SAS once the season starts for real.

i hope not mate cause i really think were onto a winner with this appointment we have a person that will do anything to win in gerrard .And i know for a fact it our players arent giving 100% on that field then they wont be playing 100% or gtf thats the attitude that we have and now in gerrard we have a manager that will think the exact same ..

Besic would be a fantastic signing. Tedious rumour but it’s all I’m clinging to. What would he cost, £4m?

Would be absolutely worth every penny. Would be willing to bet large sums we get 12m for him in a year or two.

Get him rangers get him

The thread is at more that 6000 posts - and, let’s be honest, many of them are shite. Nevertheless, it IS the Summer transfer thread. Why the f*ck chop it because we’ve gone a couple of days without signing someone? What on Earth do folk expect?

You gotta take the wheat with the chaff dudes.

As for the grammar Police - get tae!;):D

Oh, and Besic can be a great player.

Why would anyone want to pull the thread? It’s serving it’s purpose by keeping all the made up rumours and most of the shite patter and gifs from clogging up the board.

It is about time someone posted a rumour to get the pecker up again though

Why would anyone want to pull the thread? It’s serving it’s purpose by keeping all the made up rumours and most of the shite patter and gifs from clogging up the board.

It is about time someone posted a rumour to get the pecker up again though

Ahmed Hegazi..... Take from that what you will.

I think because folk were giving it heavy over the Skrtel let down, those who are somewhat 'in the know' to a degree have taken a back seat. I don't blame them, some folk take it far too seriously and resort to abuse. Goldson seems the most likely target at current, although, I'm not going to build my hopes up because like the Skrtel rumour it may come to nothing. Ideally, though, it's defenders we want in.

I think because folk were giving it heavy over the Skrtel let down, those who are somewhat 'in the know' to a degree have taken a back seat. I don't blame them, some folk take it far too seriously and resort to abuse. Goldson seems the most likely target at current, although, I'm not going to build my hopes up because like the Skrtel rumour it may come to nothing. Ideally, though, it's defenders we want in.

If I was “ITK” I wouldn’t post a thing on here. Why would anyone want to share information just to be hounded by spoiled, impatient brats?

The way some of them behave is ridiculous.

Have you seen a match thread yet?

If I was “ITK” I wouldn’t post a thing on here. Why would anyone want to share information just to be hounded by spoiled, impatient brats?

Absolutely. There are very few posters with good sources, and they post what they can, when they can, and in good faith. Sometimes it’s correct , other times like Skertl, it goes wrong.

Regardless, it’s just two days until our new manager starts and the transfer window opens, things will pick up early next week, with our very early start to the Europa League qualifiers I’d expect a good few through the door in the next two weeks.

Sad, but true, some folk take things far too seriously and the fact the window hasn't properly opened yet and Gerrard hasn't quite started yet should say something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back