Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

One of the most famous goals in Rangers history (and my avatar :D). Kai Johansen's shot screams into the net and Rangers have won the cup again, 27th April 1966:

199fh2.jpg

These St John's Ambulancemen had a great view of the Rangers v Aberdeen Scottish Cup QF on 6th March 1971 (Rangers beat the holders 1-0):

znoj2p.jpg

One of the most famous goals in Rangers history (and my avatar :D). Kai Johansen's shot screams into the net and Rangers have won the cup again, 27th April 1966:

199fh2.jpg

Reminds me of the same picture in Rangers The New Era by William Allison, the book my old dad had and I grew up reading over and over.
Also had this same picture above my bed for years, later joined by DJ's 1970 League Cup goal and Ronnie McKinnon lifting that trophy.
By 1973, my dad had been taking me to games quite often for 5 years and those were the only 2 trophies I had pictures of us winning.
By 1978 the wall was covered!

Reminds me of the same picture in Rangers The New Era by William Allison, the book my old dad had and I grew up reading over and over.
Also had this same picture above my bed for years, later joined by DJ's 1970 League Cup goal and Ronnie McKinnon lifting that trophy.
By 1973, my dad had been taking me to games quite often for 5 years and those were the only 2 trophies I had pictures of us winning.
By 1978 the wall was covered!

I had that book too! Essential reading back in the day. I still have it too :)

Programme article from first home league match Sept 16 vs Dundee, season 1950-51.

not17.png

I have never heard before Struth missed at least part of season 1950-51 due to illness...

This message is three months later for the Ne'er Day clash at Ibrox against them.

gn316.png

Anyone know how much of the season he missed and who took over his duties?

Rangers failed to win a trophy in this season for the first time since 1937-38 (inc. war years).

Celtic 2-2 Rangers, 2nd January 1968. Andy Penman takes them on:

2wgd4k5.jpg
In no way do I want to praise that mob but how good were the 2 teams in that era.Reaching European finals was the norm.
A few years before my time but they must have been some games back then.

Programme article from first home league match Sept 16 vs Dundee, season 1950-51.

not17.png

I have never heard before Struth missed at least part of season 1950-51 due to illness...

This message is three months later for the Ne'er Day clash at Ibrox against them.

gn316.png

Anyone know how much of the season he missed and who took over his duties?

Rangers failed to win a trophy in this season for the first time since 1937-38 (inc. war years).
According to David Mason and Ian Stewart’s book “The Boss” Bill Struth had a leg amputated on 26 August 1950. The day to day business affairs were taken over by Baillie John Wilson and J. Rogers Simpson. The book does not make it entirely clear but it would appear team matters were taken by Jimmy Smith and Joe Craven.

John Fallon was a good servant to The Rangers when he was played for Celtic and Motherwell
Stays next to my gran.
Cant stand the old bastard, he used to go mad for us kicking the ball about out his front and wouldnt let his grandkids play with us so my dad rold me just to call him butterfingers!
He must be haunted by his mistakes against us though as lets just say hes partial to a little drink and a bet now and then.

he refers to us as sevco btw.

Celtic 2-2 Rangers, 2nd January 1968. A section of the Rangers End at the piggery:

2hzs9hw.jpg

I think when we beat them 4-2 in August later that year it was the first game that the Rangers end was covered.

So my old man assures me anyway.

Back