Best Players to play in our league who never played for Rangers or Celtic?

Wullie Pettigrew and Bobby Graham together.
The big word is together. Pettigrew was lost without Graham. Pat Stanton Hibs was another. i wouldn't have picked McLeish, but Willie Miller was great. George Best the absolute top though, although he never did it in Scotland he was done by then.

Not a great player but always thought it was weird that ICT signed Marius Niculae. 44 caps for Romania (very handy on CM01/02 as well).

Hearts under Romanov had a few handy players. I'm sure Jankauskas was at Porto when they won the CL and Roman Bednar was always a handful, though I guess neither really set the heather alight.

Looking at that Hearts squad from the mid-2000s and there's a fair few blasts from the past. Goncalves, Aguilar, Kingston, Driver and Pinilla- memorable names for a team that was actually pretty rubbish. Sorry, not on topic but you've sent me down a Wikipedia rabbit hole!

If we're talking about their performances in Scotland then Sauzee is a good shout.

Caballero, John Robertson, Sara all decent strikers.

The big word is together. Pettigrew was lost without Graham. Pat Stanton Hibs was another. i wouldn't have picked McLeish, but Willie Miller was great. George Best the absolute top though, although he never did it in Scotland he was done by then.
Absolutely. They were one of the best pairing I ever seen.

Sauzee and Ravenelli of course.

Loved watching Jose Quitongo as kid when he was with Accies then at Hearts.

Staying with the Hearts theme, John Robertson and Rudi Skacel (sp).

Since all the best players have been mentioned I will throw out a few players who I always thought were good players.

Nemsadze
Sara
Caballero

All Dundee

Jose Quitongo
Juanjo

Hearts

Miovski
Severin

Aberdeen
Quitongo lol ,that's a memory.

St mirren used to bring their injured players to our pool for water recovery physio,the bold jose comes out with an old fashioned shower cap on,promptly jumps in the deep end and has to be rescued as he couldn't swim!

Rudi Skacel definitely.

James McArthur, Mark de Vries, Colin Cameron

Last edited:
Was lost without Bobby Graham when he signed for DU.
Graham moved to his home town club Motherwell. Ian St John again signed him for the Fir Park club and by the end of his first season he had shown why 'The Saint' had shown such faith, he finished top scorer. A young Willie Pettigrew was added to the side the following season and the pair formed a lethal partnership that terrorised Scottish defences for four seasons. When Crawford Boyd was later interviewed for the Queen of the South F.C. website, Boyd listed Bobby Graham as the best player that he played against in his time at Queens.[2]

Seems you're not alone in praising that partnership

So good l can't remeber his name, but who was the st mirren player in early to mid 2000's. I think he was a left footed welsh player, scored a few belters, I'm sure we were linked to him. Left after a season.

Quitongo lol ,that's a memory.

St mirren used to bring their injured players to our pool for water recovery physio,the bold jose comes out with an old fashioned shower cap on,promptly jumps in the deep end and has to be rescued as he couldn't swim!
He was a player a used to like watching on Scotsport or the likes. Very exciting player.

Back