Roofe wants a new contract

Him and Jack s return is shocking considering the wages paid out and the transfer fee for Roofe.

Both are the wrong side of 30 and need let go.

Nice lad and good player for the 5 games a seaons he plays but he can ram it if he thinks hes done enough for another 25k a week contract.will end up at fleetwood town or along thsie lines for 2k a week

:D
full

A fit Kemar Roofe is the best player in Scotland

A fit Kemar Roofe would never had come to Scotland

A bit of a punt on a player which has given a highlight reel, but not the grinding consistency needed from a starter at Rangers.

He said: “My future? Who knows? You’d need to ask the gaffer and people in control of the contracts.

“I’d like to stay, of course I would. I really like playing in this squad and under this gaffer. What he’s brought to the club is massive.

“He’s built a real machine mentality — we go again, it’s like a switch we have.

“We’re disappointed just now about Europe but we’ll recover and redouble our efforts. We have a Treble to go for this season and they could do the Quadruple next season.

“I truly believe that’s when you will see the results of his work.

“Everyone’s learning his style of play and what he wants, and it’s vice-versa with him.

“Once he gets a few injuries out of the system, then next season the machine should be really firing.

“It’s a great club, the fanbase is top. Being in competitions like the Champions League and Europa League is amazing

“So, for me, right now I’m just trying to play as many games as I can, do my best and help us get as many trophies as we can.”
New contract? :D:D Aye Kemar. Nae bother. We will sign year mate Ryan Jack back up while we are at it.

£5k a week basic
£1k every half he appears in
£6k a goal against a top 6 team or euro game
£3k a goal against a bottom 6 or a cup game

If he doesn’t play, costs us little
If he does play and scores goals he’s rewarded accordingly
See I get the pay as you score as an incentive but I remember Gazza had a boot deal with Nike or something when with us and got £5k for every goal he scored back then (a shit load). Problem was there was times when he should have passed to Ally etc for a tap in and didn't 'because, well, he was on £5k a goal lol.

I'd be tempted to give him £5k a week basic and £100 for every minute he plays so potentially £14k a week or £23k if 2 games that week (stop laughing at the back lol). If he is earning £15k a week or so then he is earning it.

I think it says it all that Roofe is in the press wanting to stay, I doubt the offer comes sadly cant stay fit

Not sure him suggesting he can “redouble” his efforts on the back of the European loss is doing him any favours.

His effort levels should be maxed to the hilt every time he crosses the white line, be it in training or coming on as a sub.

He is currently being kept out of the starting 11 by Cyriel fvcking Dessers.

File under cliched, bog standard newspaper filler.

He has been at Rangers for almost 4 seasons, and has scored some huge goals in that time. In his first 2 seasons he was a very good striker.

In the last 2 seasons he has scored 2 league goals, 4 goals overall.

He has played in 98 of the 225 games we've played since he's been here.

He is absolutely finished as a footballer at a club of our size, and I have doubts he could play at any decent level tbh.

He has offered absolutely nothing in his subs appearances since he's been fit again.
apart from scoring against Betis

I genuinely love Kemar Roofe, but his body is literally falling apart around him. My advice to him would be go to Saudi League for a year or two, make serious money then retire.

If he could be fit for at least half the games we play, I’d keep him. But that’s ‘pigs might fly’ scenario

A fit roofe can do 3 great things for Rangers in the next 2 months.

Help us win a league

Help us win a cup

Leave

We'll rightly let Roofe leave, then he'll sign for a Championship side and never be injured again

Score at least 20 goals between now and the end of the season, then yes, offer him a new deal.

Less than that, it's time to go.

His body looks done, currently a shell of a player.

Desperately hoping we get something out of him in the remainder of the season but I’m not confident of that.

It would beyond mental to offer him a new deal.

I don't get the need to label accusations like this at our players. The guy has had terrible luck with injuries, let's not make it something its not cause you put 2 and 2 together and came up with 5.
It's nit terrible luck we signed him knowing full well his injury problems was the same with Leeds before anderlecht

We'll release him this summer and he'll probably go on and play 30 odd games next season for his new club.

Stopped being a decent player about 3 years ago. Can't wait to see the back of him and guys like Jack who are permanently on the treatment table. Complete waste of money (through no fault of their own tbf).

Back