Roofe wants a new contract

A hard pass for me. I actually think hes incredibly over-rated even when hes healthy. Excellent finisher, but other than that he doesnt offer a great deal - in my opinion.

Anyway, its a no-brainer to move on. If the injury crisis the last couple of years tells us anything, the best ability is availability and he certainly doesnt have it.

Made of wafers unfortunately.

Seems a good guy and when fit obviously is a player but let us down for way too long now.

Time to toddle off elsewhere or retire.

I think the first question is... Did the Club and Player finally manage to get to the root of his continual injury problems?

If yes, then have they managed to solve those problems?

If yes, then if he could get to the end of the season injury free and contributing then it would be well worth asking the question

People were saying the same about Souttar a year ago and look at Helander since he has left.

I think the first question is... Did the Club and Player finally manage to get to the root of his continual injury problems?

If yes, then have they managed to solve those problems?

If yes, then if he could get to the end of the season injury free and contributing then it would be well worth asking the question

People were saying the same about Souttar a year ago and look at Helander since he has left.
I don't think it's one specific injury with roofe
Look when he fell against Aberdeen I think it was and ended up out for weeks with a shoulder injury. Knee injuries,calf injuries

He'll be lucky to get another pro contract never mind one with us.

....3 year deal imminent for us then!

There should be as much chance of his hair transplant working as there is of him getting a new deal.

Brilliant player but as everyone has said never fit & it’s time to move on

He said: “My future? Who knows? You’d need to ask the gaffer and people in control of the contracts.

“I’d like to stay, of course I would. I really like playing in this squad and under this gaffer. What he’s brought to the club is massive.

“He’s built a real machine mentality — we go again, it’s like a switch we have.

“We’re disappointed just now about Europe but we’ll recover and redouble our efforts. We have a Treble to go for this season and they could do the Quadruple next season.

“I truly believe that’s when you will see the results of his work.

“Everyone’s learning his style of play and what he wants, and it’s vice-versa with him.

“Once he gets a few injuries out of the system, then next season the machine should be really firing.

“It’s a great club, the fanbase is top. Being in competitions like the Champions League and Europa League is amazing

“So, for me, right now I’m just trying to play as many games as I can, do my best and help us get as many trophies as we can.”
Never fit gtf

Good player on his day but as we all know they are very few and very far between. We need to move on from players like this who are too often injured an unreliable.

I mean it’s not exactly massive news. Of course a footballer who’s contract is up in the summer would want to extend his stay. Obviously that won’t happening and it’ll be best endeavours.

A hard pass for me. I actually think hes incredibly over-rated even when hes healthy. Excellent finisher, but other than that he doesnt offer a great deal - in my opinion.

Anyway, its a no-brainer to move on. If the injury crisis the last couple of years tells us anything, the best ability is availability and he certainly doesnt have it.
Well I’m glad it’s not just me. I’m usually left puzzled by all the “best player in the country when fit/would be in the premier league he was always fit” type remarks.

I can't really remember what a fully fit KR looks like.

Someone will take a punt on him next season. However our club should be avoiding these type of players.

Not much else he can say to that question. It's a lazy question to put to any player coming to the end of their contract. He's hardly going to say he's finished he ere and looking for his next move ...

I would love us to be able to go into next Season without worrying about our Players Fitness, Roofe & Jack being the Worse, We have been really unlucky in Players getting injuries while Playing, I’m sorry but I wouldn’t give Roofe a new Contract or Jack,

On his day, our best striker.

Unfortunately, 'his day' is something we rarely ever get to see. see.

He'd be signing the new contract, and then get injured, dropping the pen on his foot.

We probably don’t have a sick note culture at the club but we really need to get the active sick days down and the productive footballing days up. Parting company with kemar will in one fell swoop improve those stats.

I can’t ever post pics on here but on besoccer.com it shows an image of a player and the list of injuries annotated. Kemars image looks like he’s been shot with an ak47.

We probably don’t have a sick note culture at the club but we really need to get the active sick days down and the productive footballing days up. Parting company with kemar will in one fell swoop improve those stats.

I can’t ever post pics on here but on besoccer.com it shows an image of a player and the list of injuries annotated. Kemars image looks like he’s been shot with an ak47.
Most of the perma crocks in football are probably on at their agents to try and get them in the door at Ibrox.

I didn't follow Roofe's career before he came to us, other than knowing he'd been at Leeds. Was he always injured before he signed with us? Do we have a part to play in his injuries/lack of fitness?

Clement has mentioned the conditioning of our squad several times, have we been mismanaging players?

I wouldn't be against a 1 year deal if the staff thought that they could get him right, the wages would need to be low though with some decent bonuses. I couldn't see Roofe wanting to sign that at his age though.

It would be nice if he could finish his Rangers career on a high, and bang in the goals that win us a treble. Shop window time.

The club could never consider giving him any kind of contract. It’s like throwing endless amounts of money down a black hole, we need a player who contributes to winning silverware, not one who would be unavailable if he had sore hair.

I'm sure he'd love a new contract - he will know other teams are unlikely to match the wage he's on with us and won't be willing to take a gamble offering him a 3 /4 year deal given his injuries with us and before

I didn't follow Roofe's career before he came to us, other than knowing he'd been at Leeds. Was he always injured before he signed with us? Do we have a part to play in his injuries/lack of fitness?

Clement has mentioned the conditioning of our squad several times, have we been mismanaging players?

I wouldn't be against a 1 year deal if the staff thought that they could get him right, the wages would need to be low though with some decent bonuses. I couldn't see Roofe wanting to sign that at his age though.

It’s been mentioned many, many times on here and elsewhere. The “low salary, hefty appearance based bonuses” contracts used to justify taking a punt on a EPL star in their twilight years or someone injury prone just do not exist. Agents would never advise a client to sign one. A player themselves wouldn’t be daft enough to go for it. They just aren’t a thing and never have been.

As for renewing Roofe’s contract? No a chance! The last 2-3 years ave been comical in terms of his time out. An innocuous fall on the soft muddy turf of Hampden had it out for months, FFS!

Honestly, none of the out of contract players should get a deal. We going to lose 6, plus Sima, Cortes and Silva. Really need to hope that Koppen, Clement and the board work a miracle to fund another needed rebuild. Especially since we've already committed a massive fee to Diomande. As for Roofe, no thanks. He'll be lucky to get another team here. He'll probably end up in Saudi after they've watched his YouTube reel and thought he's a superstar

I think he's a really intelligent player who's a step ahead in his thinking and movement. Seems to make a few silly fouls at times though.

Of our current crop, Roofe is our best striking option but can’t stay fit beyond 2/3 substitute appearances before he breaks down. Incidentally, Betis aside, he has been largely ineffective off the bench but this could be due to lack of sharpness.

I would assume he is on north of £25k pw contract-wise and it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever to think that at 31, his injury risks are going to all but disappear.

For me PC will manage him well between now and season end, looking after his fitness/ minutes ratio, to try and get a tune out of him to benefit the team. At the end of the season, his contract won’t be renewed.

He could score 10 in the run-in, and I still think it's time for him to go.

No ill will, but he cannot be relied upon.

No chance, fantastic striker who scored one of the best goals I've ever seen but can't stay fit , be lucky to get a handful of games out him a season.

Back