SPFL to investigate the postponement of the game

The fact there’s no financial or league points punishment for a fourth occasion in one season shows the league up for the Mickey Mouse organisation it is.

They could have spent a few thousand pounds and bought a couple half pitch size tarpaulins to protect the pitch when weather events like this are expected.
that used to be the norm in the 60/70's
remember we loaned morton ours in a lead up to our game there

The madness is that this is all that will have prompted action by the SPFL.

Never mind the visiting club, to hell with supporters (home & away)… no - we have an upset TV provider & sponsor and must be seen to do something.

Dundee have postponed 4 of what should be 15 home games in the league this season. They should be having the riot act read to them.
Prob find sky will be due compensation for games not shown if they can't be replayed when it suits their schedule.

If compo is due it should come fully or of dubbed pocket.

The other side is they show our games to then catch those in the games after...... how many people have went and done something else dropping viewing figures

The rain was twice as heavy as we expected....

They expected 6mm of rain, they had 12mm of rain.

I'm a foot and inches man, but 12mm? That's not even a decent dram.

Going to go against the grain here, and say they'll likely punish Dundee. Fourth call off this season, fucked with the telly deal and don't seem to have taken any steps to remedy the situation. In fact seem to be blaming, 'mother nature' as if it's a surprise to anyone that it sometimes pishes with rain for 24 hours straight in Scotland.

Sky are likely giving the suits a very hard time over it. What's an appropriate punishment for brazen and consistent rule violations? That's the question.
Play the rest of season at Tannadice?? :p

Well, I for one am delighted at this news.

We're so lucky to have fearless authorities in place up here who'll stop at nothing to uncover the truth and ensure the correct punishment is handed out where gross negligence is identified.

The bold Mr Doncaster leading the way again. A Prince amongst men. Like a bespectacled truth warrior. Safeguarding our game, protecting all member clubs and impervious to any underhand bribery or shenanigans.

If and when he says Dundee aren't to blame in any way, shape or form then I'll jolly well accept it and thank him for his comprehensive investigation.

In SPFL we trust.

Then what will or can they do. As the game was under their control will they find themselves guilty of anything. No. Will they do anything . No. If the rain was so bad there should have been a decision made at eight o'clock at the latest. They can't control the weather but it is their duty to help fans traveling to the game and informing our club and supporters well in advance. We know the football authorities are absolute clowns with no respect for our club and fans but surely a bit of correspondence could have helped.

I get the sarcasm, however, Dundee have literally broken one of the SPFL rules for maintaining their ground - it will be hilarious to see them come up with something to justify a strong worded email.
The SPFL is that tinpot that it’ll have rules covering specific things ie away tickets, pitch standards etc but can almost guarantee they won’t have anything in the rules regarding sanctions for breaking those rules.

Our investigation has found Rangers should be held responsible for whatever it is they've done now

There will be wankers out there thinking that we have had a hand in getting this postponed because of our injuries and the fitness levels of the players after Thursdays match.

Clement has clearly called out Dundee and the fact games at junior level in the Dundee area were able to be played speaks volumes for the level of care Dundee are giving their pitch.

The ref made the right call in the end but Dundee need their arses booted.

The SPFL is that tinpot that it’ll have rules covering specific things ie away tickets, pitch standards etc but can almost guarantee they won’t have anything in the rules regarding sanctions for breaking those rules.
I don't doubt that for a moment mate.

0-3 and three points to Rangers that maybe make the chancers get their house in order the rules state the pitch should be in a playable condition even after rain,games postponed 4 times in a season is ripping the pish

Final outcome will be a fine for Clement for bringing the game4 into dispute for daring to mention what a sh't show Scottish football is.

Dundee absolved of all blame and promised a friendly to help ease any their emotional they have had to suffer.

Briefly spoke to a Dundee fan outside the ground on Sunday and he was raging at the game being off.

4 clubs/canvases annoyed as well as their own.

It’s embarrassing the state of their pitch and their lack of action towards it.

It's like a big game of "Mess Rangers Around" bingo.

Who'd have thought we'd have "Got stuff in traffic and can't make it for the game" as well as "It rained in Scotland and we didn't realize it might be an issue", both on our cards.

VAR and dodgy refs have nothing on the SPFL and their admin.

Dundee should be fined and the fines used should be distributed to fans who were out of pocket for their negligence

If they are not maintaining their pitch and 4 postponements and not one other game affected across the UK then the SPL should act but will they fcuk

It’s Doncaster and remember the missing email and change of vote to help Bheast FC so Dundee won’t get punished

was called off just a couple of hours before kick-off

12pm kick off. 10.15am call off IS NOT a couple of hours.

1hr 45min vs 2 hours. Think you can cut them some slack over 15 minutes, no?

Hopefully the investigation results in a penalty of sorts for Dundee.

From Dundee fans forum.

“The pictures from the stand show The main problem areas are the same as last year - where we had 3 games postponed in January due to waterlogged pitch caused by poor drainage in the area - which the pitch never recovered from.

So while I get the point there is little we can do mid season - we were saying the same last year and it was meant to be fixed last summer so either the remedy has been ineffective or we thought we could live with it.”

Dundee get a free pass for any wrongdoing based on their brave stance to switch off their router in April 2020.... the SPFL still owe them

Has Dundee's new stadium been approved? Listened to H & H update today. They said Nelms is deliberately not fixing the pitch because they don't want to spend money on Dens Park when they're moving but can't see anything online to say they've got the go ahead.

I commented on the original thread that Dundee can't control the weather. However on reading into it more I think they are at fault.

4 postponed out of 15 is a disgrace. That's not bad luck, that is poor planning and mismanagement.

I forgot they are claiming they are trying to move and the cynic in me thinks they're sabotaging their own ground to force the council into giving them their planning permission.

tumblr_lqemaeBh2Q1qgmv4ao1_250.gif

Has Dundee's new stadium been approved? Listened to H & H update today. They said Nelms is deliberately not fixing the pitch because they don't want to spend money on Dens Park when they're moving but can't see anything online to say they've got the go ahead.
The Footy Advebtures vlog from yesterday gives quite a good update on this. Nelms said it is with the city council and they have a hearing in September or something. The video shows the state of the stadium in general and pitch.

The ones where they receive a robust phonecall to change their mind seem to get through alright. Detest that dundee now what they've become.
There seems to be a few cucks in the League, happy to just take the scraps they're left with and do their best to keep it that way.

Back