Euro 2024 play offs tonight - Georgia v Greece, Wales v Poland, Ukraine v Iceland plus Scotland v. Northern Ireland

Depends whether it’s the team who beat Spain and Norway who turns up or this one.

Ultimately Scotland deserve all the criticism they get after a performance like that, but it has to be qualified with the fact that none of these friendlies matter.
15 wins out of our last 21 competitive matches
2 wins out of our last 19 friendlies

I know not everyone here agrees, but Steve Clarke is not a great manager and Scotland look rudderless. We qualified because they have expanded teams getting in. We look below average and Clarke cannot shift tactics
I watched some of the Under 19s the other day and Billy Stark was enforcing dinosaur tactics and it's prevalent throughout Scottish football.

I see young Endrik has scored for Brazil again this evening. 2-2 in Spain. Should probably switch over and watch the remainder of that game but will stick this Wales Poland borefest out

No wins in 7 games all starting from two friendlies against arguably the two best teams in Europe at a time where we had lots of momentum. Said at the time those two games were a bad idea. We've been off it ever since.

I said on Friday night we'd not score at the euros I can't see that changing with this system, too one dimensional, no wingers, just replace Dykes with Adams .

well that has thrown up more questions than answers, all huff and puff with very little substance or finesse, it's fine having 75-80% possession, but you need something to come off that, hope the Northern Ireland fans enjoy their night, their support for their team was top class tonight

That's as dire a performance I have seen from any Scotland team in yonks.

Clarke has absolutely no idea how to break down a well drilled team who will sit in and defend for their lives and hit you on the counter but then again why should he? He made a career out of doing just what Northern Ireland have done tonight.

Getting beat like that against Northern Ireland, a very poor side who are ranked 74th in the world.
We haven’t got depth, we haven’t got many players at a high level, we’ve had a bit of a bad time after the highs of the first O’Neill spell.

But we showed heart and desire. And that takes teams places. And Bradley is one of the best young players in the UK right now.

We haven’t got depth, we haven’t got many players at a high level, we’ve had a bit of a bad time after the highs of the first O’Neill spell.

But we showed heart and desire. And that takes teams places. And Bradley is one of the best young players in the UK right now.

I don't disagree with you here. Northern Ireland have some decent young players coming through but player for player Scotland should be winning games like tonight.

Dykes 12 touches in 70 mins. Zero movement up front. Clarke clueless guzzling straight vodka on the touchline. :))

15 wins out of our last 21 competitive matches
2 wins out of our last 19 friendlies

Yeah that’s quite remarkable.

My personal view is Scotland will be there or there or there abouts for the Euros last 16. A win against Switzerland or Hungary is achievable and that’s all it takes to have a chance of getting through

Quite how committed players are to international friendlies at this stage of the season is up for debate

The NI lads certainly outdid Scotland for endeavour, it certainly seemed to mean more to them.

Personally I wouldn’t be ecstatic if any Rangers player on international duty treated these games as a cup final.

The real football is back now, games players should exert themselves for…and the Euros will be a bridge crossed in June.

I don’t know how any rational, sensible Scotland fan (is that a thing?) can say that Steve Clarke is a good manager or the right man to give us a chance of qualifying from the group at the Euros.

The guy is a hopeless drunk.
He’s miserable, arrogant arsehole.

A very unlikeable individual.

Latest posts

Back