Best goal you've seen live

I still think of Albertz's free kick against them at Ibrox in the 9IAR season. Can still hear the sound of the ball as he belted it goalkeeper's side right into the side netting inside the goal. There will be better goals than this but that's the one that always stays with me.
As you mentioned - the sound is the thing that sticks.

Dead heat between Tam Forsyth's winner in the 73 cup final v the scum and Colin Stein's equaliser at Easter road in 75.
I know I've taken liberties with the OP's meaning but if you're my generation these goals, even if they were the combined distance of a few yards, come under the "best" in my dictionary.

Rod Wallace v Dortmund is up there for me, was a stunning goal.

This is probably the best Rangers goal I've seen live. We should have been about 4-0 up by the time we scored. Still can't believe we lost the tie.

Overall it's Zidane in the Champions League final. Being in the stadium could really appreciate the height it dropped from and his technique to hit it so sweet.

Special mention to Gio almost taking Jim Leighton's arm off with a 25 yard screamer in 2000. Between him and Albertz, we were a serious threat from range.

Charlie Adam vs Dundee United back in 2007 in one of Walter’s first games back I’m sure it was but ball broke to him just inside there half n he finishes with a good strike.I was only young but always stuck out too me.

Shearer v Norwich:

I think on tv it was Owen v Argentina. Albertz free kick v Celtic, Van Basten Euro 88 and Bergkamp France 98 also ones where you remember where you were.

Last edited:
Davie Cooper free kick v Aberdeen
This for me too, still get goosebumps when I see it. Although Ally’s overhead kick against Hibs and Albertz against the scum in the Scottish cup are probably a close second and third.

Notable mentions to Thern at Ibrox, and Kanchelskis v Dunfermline too

Tam McManus scored a peach of a goal against us for Hibs once.

Not sure that's the answer to the question though. Tav's v Peterhead was one of the best strikes of a ball I've seen.

Rod Wallace against Dortmund, probably the best team goal I've seen live.
Mark Walters scored a beauty at Tannadice in a blizzard. Unfortunately I don't think there is any footage of it so haven't seen again.

The tv camera people were on strike that day. I was in the Jerry Kerr stand. Walters got the ball out on our right (near to the Jerry Kerr) about 25 yards out from their goal. He cut across to his left on a level with the 18 yard line, shimmied past two defenders before curling the ball with his left foot to the top corner of the net to the keeper's right. What a goal it was!

Arthur Numan screamer v the filth at Ibrox, 1-1 draw. Was in the Govan Rear right behind it knew it was in as soon as it left his boot.

Ness v Celtic
Aribo v Braga
Tav v Peterhead

They are the 3 that came to mind.

Would probably go for Tav v Peterhead as the best. It won't get talked about much as it was against Peterhead but what a goal it was.

a guy named Lubanski playing for Gornick destroyed us over 2 legs and saw off Davie White, he scored a wonderful goal at Ibrox in the second leg, honourable mention to Johan Cruyff for sending big DJ for the messages when scoring against us ,also at Ibrox,

Davie Cooper free kick v Aberdeen

Is the one that immediately springs to mind.

Also Pedro Mendes at the Piggery. Outrageous strike

Paul Gascoigne at the Piggery - superb pass from McCoist and the finish from Gazza was class

Jorg Albertz run and finish at the Piggery & Paul Gascoigne second in 3-1 game v Aberdeen at Ibrox were orgasmic.

There are loads that could top the list.

Jamie Ness against them. Was in the WE in line with him, thought he'd fucked up the touch and didn't catch it clean - safe to say I was wrong B-D

Was also behind the goal and in line with Tav's volley against Peterhead. One of those where you knew straight away that it was going in. Doesn't get talked enough about because of the occasion and opposition.

Stevie Lindsay scoring a direct free kick he hit nearly on the half way line for the Glens vs Talbot at Loch Park.

Sensational at any level.

Back