Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Put them in the Club deck behind a net. If it means bussing them in. 2 hpurs early and keeping them back qfter the final whistle so be it. We shouldnt be accommodating these bastards with the red carpet treatment they get. %^*& them
I take it you don't sit in the club deck? I do. I'd be livid if I was shifted to accommodate them. I've got every sympathy with the supporters in the Broomloan that have bought season tickets in good faith for several years, including covid, to now be put out by this.

Here's an idea. Why not round up all the Rangers fans that were desperate to let them back in, seat them all in the same part of the stadium, and when these games roll around, they can be the ones that move? Everyone's happy.

If the Broomie 1+2 front and rear can accommodate the numbers then nobody will be above them and only one line of segregation,A very safe situation.
Right enough, but either way the point stands. They'll be complaining about something early January after the first game guaranteed. UB and that lot in the same stand is a potent mix, already confrontation after the Liverpool game IIRC.

This is the 2024 David Murray moment for this board, it doesn’t give a fuk about the loyal supporters,once again they have taken it up the arse from that mob in the east,be as well giving them the title just now and save us the the time and expense of going through the motions,totally spineless from the people who are running our club

Personally I'm all for it (I'd imagine the overwhelming majority of supporters below 30 likely myself who haven't had regular aways at Parkhead are), there obvious issues with fans being moved etc. but unfortunately the only viable route out of that situation is stadium expansion. Really looking forward to hopefully getting a ticket for one of the games next year, just hope it's done top-down in My Gers.

In a more general sense, I think it's a really positive outcome for Scottish football as a whole. The initial cut has set a trend of diminishing away supports throughout the league, and hopefully that 5% figure is eventually enforced league-wide. The game is better with away fans in it and they should be protected as attendees by clubs, but given the supporter culture that's emerged throughout the SPFL in the past decade or so, that's especially true in Scotland IMO as it's something that differentiates us in a positive light from the prem etc.

Long-term both clubs need to make this compromised position work and have a line drawn over the whole thing. Ultimately there are large chunks in both supports who haven't got their ideal outcome, but this is the most common-sense agreement that could be reached and I think it makes sense until such times as Ibrox is expanded. Hopefully, neither party throws their toys out the pram in the next couple years and decent away supports continue in the derby from here on out.
Hopefully not as it would lead to smaller allocations than we currently receive at most stadiums, while having to hand over 2500 tickets to the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Hopefully not as it would lead to smaller allocations than we currently receive at most stadiums, while having to hand over 2500 tickets to the likes of Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Should clarify I mean as a minimum, I wouldn't expect any club who wants to offer over that amount to not be able to do so.

RE Hearts etc., that might need to be a compromise we eventually need to make if we want to maintain a bigger allocation at their grounds. Will probably divide opinion in the support too, but as I said earlier until stadium expansion comes we are going to continue to have this issue of not having enough seats to satisfy the demand there is for most games.

So what happened to your seat for the Liverpool game in the UCL in 2022 then? Did you get given another seat in the stadium?

Maybe a lot of fans in your area will buy the discounted season ticket which doesn’t include the two Celtic games? Then there will be less needing moved.
You have always been fiercely in favour of an increased allocation regardless.

Asking honestly, how would you feel if you had been told what ST holders in the Broomloan have today? Facing the prospect of possibly being unable to attend games against them?

Last edited:
Are our Board not upset about this season’s games when we’ve been refused tickets for Parkhead?

Instead, they’ve accepted this and then offered a bigger allocation for next season.

But all’s good apparently…

I would've liked the club to come out and explain the thought process behind the decision today. I think the support is due that.

Doesn't mean we'd need to agree with it but at least the club would've made it clear why they had done it, what it would mean specifically for the affected fans(none of this we hope to accomodate them all, we either can or we can't) & a guarantee that 5% means 5% at Parkhead.

Instead we've allowed Celtic and the SPFL to run wild with the "around 5%" get out, the Celtic manager bumping his gums about getting the full Broomloan back and various Celtic outlets are hailing a victory for common sense but at the end of the day we have blinked before they did.

Should clarify I mean as a minimum, I wouldn't expect any club who wants to offer over that amount to not be able to do so.

RE Hearts etc., that might need to be a compromise we eventually need to make if we want to maintain a bigger allocation at their grounds. Will probably divide opinion in the support too, but as I said earlier until stadium expansion comes we are going to continue to have this issue of not having enough seats to satisfy the demand there is for most games.
Why don't we just sell the seats to Rangers supporters then? The demand is there.

I would've liked the club to come out and explain the thought process behind the decision today. I think the support is due that.

Doesn't mean we'd need to agree with it but at least the club would've made it clear why they had done it, what it would mean specifically for the affected fans(none of this we hope to accomodate them all, we either can or we can't) & a guarantee that 5% means 5% at Parkhead.

Instead we've allowed Celtic and the SPFL to run wild with the "around 5%" get out, the Celtic manager bumping his gums about getting the full Broomloan back and various Celtic outlets are hailing a victory for common sense but at the end of the day we have blinked before they did.
I agree, the communication regarding this has been sub-standard when you compare it to the communications that CF3 season ticket holder/disabled section supporters received

At the very least I’d have expected the club to release more detailed information and look to set up consultation meetings. We know it’s going to happen but could they not have given affected season ticket holders the opportunity to ask questions/raise concerns.

Renewals are going to be out within next 3 weeks (based on last years) so there’s still time for them to do this before renewals are out

They are all ready at it. mentally challengeds at my work all in agreement it should be 2.5k at each stadium.

1st game will tell at lot.
They are all ready at it. mentally challengeds at my work all in agreement it should be 2.5k at each stadium.

1st game will tell at lot.

Rangers should have been at the League with the wording of this guff.

However, we need to be all over the percentage for the first game of next season. That's the marker.

I agree, the communication regarding this has been sub-standard when you compare it to the communications that CF3 season ticket holder/disabled section supporters received

At the very least I’d have expected the club to release more detailed information and look to set up consultation meetings. We know it’s going to happen but could they not have given affected season ticket holders the opportunity to ask questions/raise concerns.

Renewals are going to be out within next 3 weeks (based on last years) so there’s still time for them to do this before renewals are out

I think that's where a lot of the anger/confusion is coming from TBH.

We've been reactive instead of proactive for the umpteenth time.

What could've been a straightforward explanation has ended up with supporters at each others throats on here because no one has the right answers to the questions raised. It was so needless.

Rodgers: "The iconic nature of the fixture is because of the supporters. To be able to get 2,500 supporters into the stadium – and hopefully over time that can grow as well – to have them in, it’s everything.
"It’s absolutely fantastic news – and not before time as well.

“The aim at Celtic was never to change it. So, if we can get back to what it was before it was changed then that would be great news for everyone.”

So, in light of which, and taking into account the long game being played by the other mob - a game which Rangers are facilitating - how come people are just being wilfully dense here?

The fact is we have a boardroom which does not have the political nous and hunger for a long game as they do.

And the other lot will be rewarded for it. We all know how this will end up if we're being honest.

So what happened to your seat for the Liverpool game in the UCL in 2022 then? Did you get given another seat in the stadium?

Maybe a lot of fans in your area will buy the discounted season ticket which doesn’t include the two Celtic games? Then there will be less needing moved.
Would you buy a ST without the OF games? I assume you wouldn't, so why ask others to do that? If this is an option why isn't it offered to all STs?
I get you are happy about the prospect of getting to the piggery but back slapping the board here isn't a good look imo.

Rodgers: "The iconic nature of the fixture is because of the supporters. To be able to get 2,500 supporters into the stadium – and hopefully over time that can grow as well – to have them in, it’s everything."

So, in light of which, and taking into account the long game being played by the other mob - a game which Rangers are facilitating - how come people are just being wilfully dense here?

The fact is we have a boardroom which does not have the political nous and hunger for a long game as they do.

And the other lot will be rewarded for it. We all know how this will end up if we're being honest.
We need our board to come out and counter that. I know they have broken promises in the past but hey need to draw a line in the sand here or the ill feeling will grow.

I don’t believe we’ll be given 5% of their dump. They’ll give us what they get at Ibrox imo.

Personally I also believe they’ll have the whole Broomloan the season after next.

Why don't we just sell the seats to Rangers supporters then? The demand is there.

You're right, and that's one approach that the club can take that they'd be well within their rights to.

The demand is equally there though from Rangers fans for away tickets and arguably even more so, given away games have even less of a supply of tickets than home games do. Personally, I lean on the side of any solution that can maximise our away allocations for the reasons outlined in my original post and the fact that Ibrox no matter what will be filled overwhelmingly with Rangers fans - the advantage we'd gain at other grounds like Tynecastle, Easter Road etc. from having a full stand would be much more significant than any additional tickets these teams get from Ibrox.

Ultimately though, stadium expansion is the only thing that's going to give the club breathing room to satisfy the majority of the support here, given there are clearly quite polarising opinions within the fan base on it. I don't there's any right/wrong opinions however and everyone will obviously have their own positions on the matter given their own circumstances, which is understandable.

Would you buy a ST without the OF games? I assume you wouldn't, so why ask others to do that? If this is an option why isn't it offered to all STs?
I get you are happy about the prospect of getting to the piggery but back slapping the board here isn't a good look imo.
You do realise this is exactly what people did before the reduced allocation?

I’m not sure there is a genuine thought process from us. The decision goes against all of the prior rhetoric from Bisgrove.

I’ll guess Celtic asked for the full stand and we’ve walked into ‘no, but what about the Euro allocation’.

The Club know that not everyone will be allocated a seat hence the discount.

The spin will be how the manager + players want the support at Parkhead etc.

The language of our statement is also rather sad. The idea that the clubs are “required” to give a % is also a nonsense - look at this season and how we’ve been ignored.

Here’s the new Board, same as the old Board… I’m sure we’ll get a loyalty sound bite soon.

We need our board to come out and counter that. I know they have broken promises in the past but hey need to draw a line in the sand here or the ill feeling will grow.
You would think they would as, its our stadium but , we have Rodgers telling us what he thinks should happen in our stadium! For the love of God Rangers board ,have some backbone please!

Its such a pathetic way to behave from them.

Last edited:
Unless there was some sort of clause in the sky contract that the broadcaster reserves the right to set away allocations (which isn't likely), then Sky would have no place to dictate to anyone how many away supporters can attend matches.

If sky had that sort of influence, what have they been doing for the last 5 years? It's been a long time since there was any real away presence at an old firm.

If they could influence away allocations, don't you think that both us and the mhanks would maybe agree to bigger allocations, at Sky's behest, in exchange for bigger allocations at all the other empty stadiums live on Sky's Scottish football coverage every week? I mean, it doesn't look great on TV for the dozens of people watching at home. Do they complain about the pitches? The standard of refereeing? If it's all about the product?

And how could they threaten financial sanctions? They have to abide by the contract they signed off on. They can't change the terms now. They could possibly say, sort this out or we don't renew or we renew on reduced terms, but the contract runs until 2029. And they had %^*& all to say about the allocations when they signed the deal, so what's changed meantime?

I think some people seriously overestimate Sky's influence on football. They are a broadcaster. And they don't care how many away fans are at Ibrox. In fact, they do not give a toss about Scottish football. They give us an absolute pittance and the coverage is dreadful. Look at how they promote women's football compared to ours.

They throw us the bare minimum they can get away with and use our game as a schedule filler. The ratings are pathetic. The old firm might be the biggest game in the world up here but the reality is that nobody else pays it much attention.

We heard nothing from Sky or anyone else when the peasants refused to even give us one solitary ticket for the piggery. I don't know what or who has forced our Board's hand in this shambles.

Last edited:
You're right, and that's one approach that the club can take that they'd be well within their rights to.

The demand is equally there though from Rangers fans for away tickets and arguably even more so, given away games have even less of a supply of tickets than home games do. Personally, I lean on the side of any solution that can maximise our away allocations for the reasons outlined in my original post and the fact that Ibrox no matter what will be filled overwhelmingly with Rangers fans - the advantage we'd gain at other grounds like Tynecastle, Easter Road etc. from having a full stand would be much more significant than any additional tickets these teams get from Ibrox.

Ultimately though, stadium expansion is the only thing that's going to give the club breathing room to satisfy the majority of the support here, given there are clearly quite polarising opinions within the fan base on it. I don't there's any right/wrong opinions however and everyone will obviously have their own positions on the matter given their own circumstances, which is understandable.
Fair enough, if that's your opinion. I'm the opposite. Ibrox is our stadium, we should look after our own and our own supporters should take priority.

Any attempts to bring in a 5% rule should be strongly opposed. It would create a scenario where we are moving Rangers fans at Ibrox to accommodate 2500 Hearts supporters in exchange for less than 1000 tickets at Tynecastle. I wonder if the new agreement is a way to prevent such a rule being implemented?

I haven’t asked anyone to buy a season ticket without the OF games. It’s an option the club are giving fans which could happen as I don’t understand why fans wouldn’t buy Euro games on their ST either but as @deBoersHeader liked to point out, a lot of people do and it’s why we’ve been able to give teams like Liverpool 2500 tickets and move those STH in the areas around the stadium

I’m not sure there is a genuine thought process from us. The decision goes against all of the prior rhetoric from Bisgrove.

I’ll guess Celtic asked for the full stand and we’ve walked into ‘no, but what about the Euro allocation’.

The Club know that not everyone will be allocated a seat hence the discount.

The spin will be how the manager + players want the support at Parkhead etc.

The language of our statement is also rather sad. The idea that the clubs are “required” to give a % is also a nonsense - look at this season and how we’ve been ignored.

Here’s the new Board, same as the old Board… I’m sure we’ll get a loyalty sound bite soon.
Rogers out giving it big licks and a big girfu to the Rangers supporters our board and manager not a fukin peep what the fuk are they scared of from that mob in the east

People have to remember the dynamics of the scum support has greatly changed in recent years. They have become more political with the vile green brigade totally running the show.
Stand by for them laughing at and mocking the disaster before moving on to songs about the deaths of Jimmy Bell, Walter, Davie Cooper, Fernando and the Goalie. As an encore they will go through their entire IRA repertoire.
Get them tae ****!

I suspect we'll both get 2,500 each, hence the use of the "around 5%" jargon.
5% of 60000 is 3000 so we are still getting screwed

And even this 2500 …… how much of it will go anywhere near fans? Still be exclusive to gold n a lot be given out elsewhere

Copland forced seat movers told "We offer our full support in finding a new seat that aligns with your matchday experience with forced movers having priority seat moves following ST renewal"

Broomloan forced seat movers told "You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis"

Why are both sets of fans being treated totally different?

@Greg Marshall

I haven’t asked anyone to buy a season ticket without the OF games. It’s an option the club are giving fans which could happen as I don’t understand why fans wouldn’t buy Euro games on their ST either but as @deBoersHeader liked to point out, a lot of people do and it’s why we’ve been able to give teams like Liverpool 2500 tickets and move those STH in the areas around the stadium
As I say, open up that option to all then. I doubt many are buying a ST and forgoing the OF games that they have become used to.
The optics and communication on this have been shocking...again. Once again we have the scum and a 3rd party setting the narrative aka the Sydney Cup, its as if our board never learn

When I had my season ticket, I was working til 6pm if not later. It just wasn't possible for me to make it on time, many hundreds will be the same

Feel for the ST holders who will pay the toughest price. There has been a sustained campaign against the club, admittedly by some of our own, to reinstate the away fans and it's bearing fruit.

I think both sides of this have their own advantages and disadvantages, but in this case the disadvantages apply to paying fans who turn out weekly to support and finance the club. Whereas the arguements about the spectacle of the sport are more superficial, at this stage, in my opinion. Obviously in the past you were not taking anything away from someone because that was the way it was, but now we have fans who are owed something in my opinion.

Last edited:
When I had my season ticket, I was working til 6pm if not later. It just wasn't possible for me to make it on time, many hundreds will be the same
Cost maybe another factor for Euro games.
A ST includes all league games, or should.
It used to include all home domestic games but they scrapped that and cashed in on cup games

Fair enough, if that's your opinion. I'm the opposite. Ibrox is our stadium, we should look after our own and our own supporters should take priority.

Any attempts to bring in a 5% rule should be strongly opposed. It would create a scenario where we are moving Rangers fans at Ibrox to accommodate 2500 Hearts supporters in exchange for less than 1000 tickets at Tynecastle. I wonder if the new agreement is a way to prevent such a rule being implemented?

I think a flat 5% would be a non-starter myself, for the reasons you outline - if we were going to do that we would need to be guaranteed a full stand at these places, or it's simply not worth doing for us.

You could be right in that maybe an agreement was expedited by the threat of rule changes from the league to enforce a 5% rule or something similar. I'm not sure if that would be possible with the voting structure, but I personally would be surprised if stakeholders like Sky haven't commented that they'd like away fans at these games. Even with a lesser allocation, Gerrard celebrating in front of our fans at Parkhead was a montage used by them for years between programmes, so clearly images like that hold some value to them. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if there was pressure to agree something anyway, failing which there may have been attempts to force the issue.

I think the reason nobody from the board will come forward is on every point of this deal we have come out on the losing side. Its now looking like its 2.5k each so even before you go into the positioning and view of each away end we are at a disadvantage from the start on what impact our away end will have.

You then add in the embarrassing position that we are now contacting our own season ticket holders to let them know they might not be able to get a ticket for the biggest home game next year because our rivals have demanded special treatment and wanted more tickets.

If this was the other way around and a Rangers board demanded that that lot give over a section of the piggery that would impact their season ticket holders does anyone seriously believe they would have compromised and caved in like we have.

Folk that renewed when we weren't even allowed in for a full season now being told to either shift to another stand when its unlikely there will be much availability or they can renew without the biggest games of the year. Its been handled terribly by the club.

People seem to think that we will do better out of 5%. Other than them we probably get more than 5% everywhere else. Even tynecastle must be there or thereabouts

I wouldn’t have any of that mob at Ibrox personally , they cannot even observe a 1 minute silence when asked to, their supporters are a disgrace and it won’t be long before they’re asking for the whole of the Broomloan which is their end game

Back