Official Compromise reached over Old firm ticketing - SPFL announcement

Is the new allocation of 5% good or bad

• Good

Votes: 626 48.3%
  • Bad

Votes: 670 51.7%

• Total voters
Just because something was done in the past doesn't make it right. Fans have git used to the current situation with the board saying no lore than 800
Yeah but you wrote your point as if that situation would be crazy when in fact only a few years ago that was the norm.

I haven’t asked anyone to buy a season ticket without the OF games. It’s an option the club are giving fans which could happen as I don’t understand why fans wouldn’t buy Euro games on their ST either but as @deBoersHeader liked to point out, a lot of people do and it’s why we’ve been able to give teams like Liverpool 2500 tickets and move those STH in the areas around the stadium
There are a lot of other factors as to why someone wouldn't buy the European packages and that's something you know.

You're trying to prove some point but to be honest you've only embarrassed yourself with your '23 years as a ST holder' and ' loads will only have had theirs since Gerrard' comments.

Enjoy your evening.

Our current board have messed up hugely by agreeing to this. It's a watershed moment for them and they have decided to crap on some Rangers supporters from a great height for a relatively small monetary return. The optics of this are terrible. I have lost any trust that some on the board of Rangers FC only want what is the best for the supporters.
Disappointing :confused:.

I think the reason nobody from the board will come forward is on every point of this deal we have come out on the losing side. Its now looking like its 2.5k each so even before you go into the positioning and view of each away end we are at a disadvantage from the start on what impact our away end will have.

You then add in the embarrassing position that we are now contacting our own season ticket holders to let them know they might not be able to get a ticket for the biggest home game next year because our rivals have demanded special treatment and wanted more tickets.

If this was the other way around and a Rangers board demanded that that lot give over a section of the piggery that would impact their season ticket holders does anyone seriously believe they would have compromised and caved in like we have.

Folk that renewed when we weren't even allowed in for a full season now being told to either shift to another stand when its unlikely there will be much availability or they can renew without the biggest games of the year. Its been handled terribly by the club.
After we posted it there been a rush to push out the around 5% to me that does look like they will give us 2.5k

There are a lot of other factors as to why someone wouldn't buy the European packages and that's something you know.

You're trying to prove some point but to be honest you've only embarrassed yourself with your '23 years as a ST holder' and ' loads will only have had theirs since Gerrard' comments.

Enjoy your evening.

I haven’t embarrassed myself in the slightest. It’s having a season ticket for as long as I have which means I’m not in the current situation you are in now and before folk pipe up, I genuinely couldn’t care less what anyone thinks about this post. All day I’ve had to listen to cheap digs so you can have one as well.

And thanks, I will enjoy my evening.

Let's hope the same fans that are happy to accommodate these scum bastards in Ibrox don't come on complaining about their scum flags , racist banners and songs then , and the state they'll leave it in.and the abuse they'll give the catering staff, never mind the players . guarantee we'll get the worst position / placement possible at the piggery.

I think the reason nobody from the board will come forward is on every point of this deal we have come out on the losing side. Its now looking like its 2.5k each so even before you go into the positioning and view of each away end we are at a disadvantage from the start on what impact our away end will have.

You then add in the embarrassing position that we are now contacting our own season ticket holders to let them know they might not be able to get a ticket for the biggest home game next year because our rivals have demanded special treatment and wanted more tickets.

If this was the other way around and a Rangers board demanded that that lot give over a section of the piggery that would impact their season ticket holders does anyone seriously believe they would have compromised and caved in like we have.

Folk that renewed when we weren't even allowed in for a full season now being told to either shift to another stand when its unlikely there will be much availability or they can renew without the biggest games of the year. Its been handled terribly by the club.

Last season it was Australia, now this.

I wouldn’t have any of that mob at Ibrox personally , they cannot even observe a 1 minute silence when asked to, their supporters are a disgrace and it won’t be long before they’re asking for the whole of the Broomloan which is their end game
Indeed…let’s see who is lauding this agreement next time those cuunts are disturbing the minute’s silence.

Guarantee the guys that are all for letting them in won’t be seen on that particular thread.

I haven’t embarrassed myself in the slightest. It’s having a season ticket for as long as I have which means I’m not in the current situation you are in now and before folk pipe up, I genuinely couldn’t care less what anyone thinks about this post. All day I’ve had to listen to cheap digs so you can have one as well.

I will ask you again as you seem to have missed it earlier.

You have been banging the drum for this all along and seem overjoyed.

Answering honestly, if you were in the position that Broomloan ST holders are in, facing the possibility of missing 2 games against them, abysmal communication from the club about it, not knowing for sure your ST situation going forward, how would you be feeling?

They’ve maintained all along up until recently that it was 7500 or 0. Multiple times rangers have offered the 800 allocation but they weren’t satisfied and so rejected it.

Celtic were satisfied with European allocations in the summer of 22/23 season when they offered our board that compromise but we said no. The recent Rodgers comment isn’t surprising but I’m 100% confident our board will not give them any more than the European allocation.
Confident on our board ffs,How do you make that out.

Suppose there were a few seasons you were a Chelsea fan.

Off field shenanigans makes up a big part of Scottish football with these 19th Century Terrorist puppets at toe. It’s getting boring now.
If it’s not the SFA trying to re-referee the game to find a soundbite for the media it’s the SPFL justifying the bastards ignoring the rules on away supporters by finding a compromise. Little wonder the majority of clubs can’t afford VAR and no one wants to sponsor the league, it’s fucked until these cunts are removed.

Quality news imo
Have seen us play at all away grounds in the premiership bar Parkhead so hopefully manage to tick that off the list next season

Bullshit.

Rangers fans saying they "can't wait" to go to the scumhut. Makes you fucking sick. And before you start, yes, I do go to away games.
so whats the difference between wanting to go Parkhead and wanting to go to Pittodrie Easter Rd Tynecastle etc etc

I haven’t asked anyone to buy a season ticket without the OF games. It’s an option the club are giving fans which could happen as I don’t understand why fans wouldn’t buy Euro games on their ST either but as @deBoersHeader liked to point out, a lot of people do and it’s why we’ve been able to give teams like Liverpool 2500 tickets and move those STH in the areas around the stadium
The issue for Europe and Cup games is there is an option to be on CCCS. After those automatic sales are complete, the offer is made to ST HOLDERS , MyGers etc. This has been a betrayal of ST holders in the Broomloan.

As I've said earlier, you are better than this mate.
Longevity of being a STH doesn't make you better than others or put you in a better poposition. What os those that weren't around 23 years ago, have they to miss out on a better ST?
All STHs should be treated equally surelyn or you advocating those with STs.longer should have preferential treatment.
This is always an emotive subject and it has been handled terribly by the club once again.
No cheap digs. Everyone entitled to their opinion.
The club have to resolve this the best way possible for those that are affected.

I’m not sure there is a genuine thought process from us. The decision goes against all of the prior rhetoric from Bisgrove.

I’ll guess Celtic asked for the full stand and we’ve walked into ‘no, but what about the Euro allocation’.

The Club know that not everyone will be allocated a seat hence the discount.

The spin will be how the manager + players want the support at Parkhead etc.

The language of our statement is also rather sad. The idea that the clubs are “required” to give a % is also a nonsense - look at this season and how we’ve been ignored.

Here’s the new Board, same as the old Board… I’m sure we’ll get a loyalty sound bite soon.
Is no one considering a significant amount of our support have been pushing the club to do this.

Everyone is just defaulting to the club giving in to them.

I’ve not spoken to anyone outwith this forum who isn’t happy, but that doesn’t seem to fit the narrative on here that the club have bowed to them.

Copland forced seat movers told "We offer our full support in finding a new seat that aligns with your matchday experience with forced movers having priority seat moves following ST renewal"

Broomloan forced seat movers told "You can select a new seat currently available within the stadium that will include home matches against Celtic. Seats will be allocated on a first come, first served basis"

Why are both sets of fans being treated totally different?

@Greg Marshall
An absolute disgrace.

Here’s hoping the bears affected push them on this vague, hope it gets forgotten quickly shite.

Wonder how those board stadium ideas they throw our way now and again are progressing. Ibrox is now bursting at the seams.

Is no one considering a significant amount of our support have been pushing the club to do this.

I’ve not spoken to anyone outwith this forum who isn’t happy, but that doesn’t seem to fit the narrative on here that the club have bowed to them.
If you aren't affected then of course you are pushing the club to do it.

As I've said earlier, you are better than this mate.
Longevity of being a STH doesn't make you better than others or put you in a better poposition. What os those that weren't around 23 years ago, have they to miss out on a better ST?
All STHs should be treated equally surelyn or you advocating those with STs.longer should have preferential treatment.
This is always an emotive subject and it has been handled terribly by the club once again.
No cheap digs. Everyone entitled to their opinion.
The club have to resolve this the best way possible for those that are affected.

Nah, I’m really not any better and I’m not going to pretend I am. If folk want to dish it out, then they can have some home truths back.

The whole thing that’s ironic as %^*& is people moaning about being screwed and club aren’t showing loyalty but the second someone mentions how long they’ve have a ST for it’s not allowed :))

I will ask you again as you seem to have missed it earlier.

You have been banging the drum for this all along and seem overjoyed.

Answering honestly, if you were in the position that Broomloan ST holders are in, facing the possibility of missing 2 games against them, abysmal communication from the club about it, not knowing for sure your ST situation going forward, how would you be feeling?
You’ll not get a straight answer mate as in their eyes the only supporters are my Gers gold, you know the mob who kept their season tickets going because they had a good seat and were not given it up even though they knew the club was being raped when the spivs were in charge.Their two games at the scum hut is more important to them than the genuine Rangers supporters who might lose their seat to accommodate a scumbag

I've always said that I couldn't care less if they get the full Broomloan back, as long as we in return get back our entire traditional Rangers end at the piggery. But that mob don't want that to happen. They want ticket allocations on their terms, and they're succeeding.

We heard nothing from Sky or anyone else when the peasants refused to even give us one solitary ticket for the piggery. I don't know what or who has forced our Board's hand in this shambles.

Benstead speaking on Sky said it was Rangers who first reduced the allocations and Celtic followed. He then said that led to no away fans in recent matches. No mention of the fact it was Celtic who refused to accept an away allocation for Ibrox and refused to offer us an away allocation for Parkhead. They are solely responsible for no away fans in recent fixtures which has not been reported.

Benstead speaking on Sky said it was Rangers who first reduced the allocations and Celtic followed. He then said that led to no away fans in recent matches. No mention of the fact it was Celtic who refused to accept an away allocation for Ibrox and refused to offer us an away allocation for Parkhead. They are solely responsible for no away fans in recent fixtures which has not been reported.

They control the media narrative every time, mate.

Nah, I’m really not any better and I’m not going to pretend I am. If folk want to dish it out, then they can have some home truths back.

The whole thing that’s ironic as %^*& is people moaning about being screwed and club aren’t showing loyalty but the second someone mentions how long they’ve have a ST for it’s not allowed :))
Fair enough you've had a ST for 23 years as you say it doesn't make you better than anyone that has bought their first ST last season, on their own journey of 23 years as a ST or.do they not get a chance to prove their loyalty.
Do you agree the club have handled this terribly? The announcement came out prior to emails going out. We now have Rodgers pushing for the full Broomloan, we are behind the 8 ball...again.

I've had a season ticket since 1992 and not missed an OF game at Ibrox since 1991 yet I'm in this situation. I bought three tickets in the BR4 a few years ago so I could sit next to my two sons. So the point about people not having a season tickets for years is incorrect its just I chose to move and the only seats I could get three together was BR4. Now I'm the one to suffer.

They also used to get half main stand and West enclosure, should we go back to that?
Fundemantally my point was nothing to do with what they got or didn’t get. So I won’t get drawn into that.

My point was about how you made it sound like buying a season ticket without an old firm game was something crazy when in fact it was the norm a few years ago.

The opinions on rights or wrongs is irrelevant to my point.

I've had a season ticket since 1992 and not missed an OF game at Ibrox since 1991 yet I'm in this situation. I bought three tickets in the BR4 a few years ago so I could sit next to my two sons. So the point about people not having a season tickets for years is incorrect its just I chose to move and the only seats I could get three together was BR4. Now I'm the one to suffer.

That’s brutal to be fair.

Fundemantally my point was nothing to do with what they got or didn’t get. So I won’t get drawn into that.

My point was about how you made it sound like buying a season ticket without an old firm game was something crazy when in fact it was the norm a few years ago.

The opinions on rights or wrongs is irrelevant to my point.
And my point was and I'm sure you know that just because something was the 'norm'doesnt mean it has to remain an example of that being they used to get half the main stand and the west enclosure, that 'norm' changed to the Broomloan only, that 'norm' then changed.

Shocking mate. Unfortunately you will get no sympathy from the uber staunch that would rather give money to the scum than let our own fans watch an OF gmae at Ibrox.
Hope your manage to get a move

Unless there was some sort of clause in the sky contract that the broadcaster reserves the right to set away allocations (which isn't likely), then Sky would have no place to dictate to anyone how many away supporters can attend matches.

If sky had that sort of influence, what have they been doing for the last 5 years? It's been a long time since there was any real away presence at an old firm.

If they could influence away allocations, don't you think that both us and the mhanks would maybe agree to bigger allocations, at Sky's behest, in exchange for bigger allocations at all the other empty stadiums live on Sky's Scottish football coverage every week? I mean, it doesn't look great on TV for the dozens of people watching at home. Do they complain about the pitches? The standard of refereeing? If it's all about the product?

And how could they threaten financial sanctions? They have to abide by the contract they signed off on. They can't change the terms now. They could possibly say, sort this out or we don't renew or we renew on reduced terms, but the contract runs until 2029. And they had %^*& all to say about the allocations when they signed the deal, so what's changed meantime?

I think some people seriously overestimate Sky's influence on football. They are a broadcaster. And they don't care how many away fans are at Ibrox. In fact, they do not give a toss about Scottish football. They give us an absolute pittance and the coverage is dreadful. Look at how they promote women's football compared to ours.

They throw us the bare minimum they can get away with and use our game as a schedule filler. The ratings are pathetic. The old firm might be the biggest game in the world up here but the reality is that nobody else pays it much attention.
You seem to be overthinking it.
They will have just told all concerned they want the atmosphere back and to sort it out.
They wouldn’t care whether there are 2500 or 8000 from their perspective as long as there is an electric atmosphere.
I know a lot of people down south. who have got no interest particularly in Scottish football, but they do watch the old firm games.

They also used to get half main stand and West enclosure, should we go back to that?
Don't give them any ideas.

I understand why we've gotten to this point but I'm not convinced in the slightest that Celtic will settle for the European allocation. Our board is bending over backwards trying to compromise with a club that treats them with utter contempt. We never learn.

well i very much doubt anyone from our club will be putting Benstead and Sky correct about how we ended up at zero away fans and that fabrication will pass into history as factual, a small thing in the grand scheme of things I grant you, but all these small things that go unchecked mount up into one big stick to batter over our clubs head

Back