Dundee Farce Continues – Postponed Again

Look it’s clear that if it was the scum who stil had this fixture to play that they would have demanded to know if it was playable before they stepped foot in a bus. I feel we have been weak here. We should have been demanding a ref check this surface today before we went up.
Ref inspects it today and says its playable. It pisses down all day tomorrow and is unplayable by 6pm.

Tomorrows 11am inspection will either be 'no' or 'another inspection at ....'

I suspect the latter coz if they say no Dundee will complain that they could have worked it all day and it would have been fine by kick off. It wouldn't but would not stop them saying it.

Total waste of time inspecting it 9 hours before kick off.

Clement is 100% right that if the game is postponed tomorrow then the contingency can’t be to play it in Dundee next week. If it is to be next week then it needs to be elsewhere so that it is guaranteed to be on. If that means Easter Road, Tynecastle, Hampden, Ibrox or wherever then so be it.

Given the forecast tomorrow and the fact everyone now knows the pitch isn’t fit for purpose, the fact that we have no clue and a daft 11am pitch inspection is farcical.

As Clement said, we should know tonight what’s going on.

Next time we have a few injuries and suspensions for a mentally challenged game we should just wait for a bit of rain, flood the pitch, get it called off and shrug our shoulders at the impotent cun.ts that run the sport in this country

Clement is 100% right that if the game is postponed tomorrow then the contingency can’t be to play it in Dundee next week. If it is to be next week then it needs to be elsewhere so that it is guaranteed to be on. If that means Easter Road, Tynecastle, Hampden, Ibrox or wherever then so be it.

This

If game off tomorrow then the SPL need to force a neutral venue next Wednesday

If Dundee don’t have the pitch ready they can’t keep hoping the weather stays dry and the game gets played as the forecast is wet for next week too so Dundee is not reliable venue and they must force another venue

Also Dundee need fined for ignoring pitch maintenance and spending more on their playing squad

What is it you’re expecting ?

And

What good would it do ?

I'm expecting a rule to be followed which is that teams must provide an adequate playing surface to allow a game of football to be played.

This will be the second game and potentially the 5th call off for Dundee this season, I want them fined and the points to go to us.

Simple as that, unless Dundee get punished financially or with a forfeit - They wont care!

Its never going to happen though and we'll release a statement no doubt.

Checked Dundee's weather for tomorrow. To be dry until 11am then rain rest of day.
Pitch will probably be OK to play at 11am, game goes ahead and pitch is like a ploughed field by 8pm KO time
I suspect this is the gameplan. Robertson will deem the pitch playable, it will be like the somme by KO but will go ahead because it gives a better chance we drop points.

We all know we won't be awarded the points without playing, but in the context of this bring the FIFTH game that Dundee have been unable to play, where exactly do you draw the line with this nonsense?

Back