Affected Supporters

Does anyone think any of those seats in bf4/5 will be sold as non celtic season tickets to those on waiting list or strictly kept to the side for game to game basis?
They'll defo be offered I would imagine upto the max season ticket holder number the club have in mind. A mixture of both I would imagine.

You’re not wrong at all. I, and many others, had to ‘put up’ with this arrangement for years. I find it interesting that there are so many people on here complaining who don’t seem aware of the fact that what is now going to happen was the ‘normal’ situation in the past. The recent arrangements were never going to be allowed to continue.
It’s not difficult to work out which seats would probably be affected so it really shouldn’t come as a big surprise to those involved.
What did they want? A personal visit at home from the manager to apologise for the inconvenience?
Your snidey attitude towards Rangers fans getting shafted is out of order.

Under the old arrangement you knew in advance before you got your season ticket in the Broomloan that it would not involve Celtic games and you choose to go ahead - good for you.

In this instance you have bears who were told that we would get Celtic tickets if we took seats in the Broomy now being told that we will not get such tickets. The breaking of the arrangement is the big difference but I think you already know that.

I didn’t want a visit from the manager and an apology. Some more notice and a meeting with the SLO at NEH to discuss the finer details would have been nice rather than two shity emails. Perhaps a wee bit more notice of the decision? Maybe not giving us 20 hours notice of the ticket website opening? Not opening it during working hours? They could even have done it after the season ticket renewal period so non renewed seats would also be available.

I don’t even know why I’m bothering to respond.

Last edited:
Managed to get 2 in GR1 just 2 seats apart, moving from BR5. Bit more expensive but I don't have the hassle of being moved everytime for euro games.
Glad you got sorted but another example of the club not giving a sh.it.

Scenrio 1. One of those two seats chooses to not renew. Now frees up two seats together for a parent and kid to move together.

Scenario 2. Rangers move one of the seats or worst case two seats (moving one seat left or right ain't no biggie) so parent and kid get sorted together.

Not that difficult to do, they just didn't want to do it.

Sounds like good news for many with the changes. What do we think this means for folk who buy game to game through MyGers? Far less availability overall or just less widespread areas (I.e BF only available & not other areas of the stadium?)?

Glad it's worked out okay for most folk today. Good to read some positives. Is that all seat moves for current affected supporters done now? Singing section moves, disability upgrade moves and now Broomloan?

Just dawned on me that I’m in row W of GF, which is one of the rows in line for a move for the disabled sections next year :oops:

But I’ll cross that bridge when I come to it. Just glad to get next season sorted. Maybe the ones moving for the disabled section in Govan when the time comes will be treated a bit better by the club

There was genuinely more availability than I thought there would be. All be it that they were mostly all single seats but still more than imagined
I was one worried about getting a good seat as I liked my seat in BR5 however was stunned to see the availability almost anywhere in the stadium. Managed to get 2 CR3 which I’m delighted about.

I think the club however could have communicated better with the affected fans on how much availability there actually was going to be rather than this daunting ‘first come first serve’ causing unnecessary stress on majority of fans.
Overall though I feel most fans affected have gotten good/if not better seats so fair play to them

My brother 4 tickets with his kids and all he could get is row A in BF1. Decent seats to absolutely shit seats. He’s not chuffed.

I was one worried about getting a good seat as I liked my seat in BR5 however was stunned to see the availability almost anywhere in the stadium. Managed to get 2 CR3 which I’m delighted about.

I think the club however could have communicated better with the affected fans on how much availability there actually was going to be rather than this daunting ‘first come first serve’ causing unnecessary stress on majority of fans.
Overall though I feel most fans affected have gotten good/if not better seats so fair play to them
Agreed, it looks like many of us have ended up with good options. The learning remains for the club that communication could and should have been much better on issue. They had access to all the numbers and availability throughout the last two weeks in which we were all running around trying to understand our options in a vacumn of info. All they had to clarify were 1) There will be decent availability for those wishing to move, with most in areas XX, YY and then more scattered around 2) Access to seat changes will be made available to all affected season ticket holders at the same time via an online queue that goes live at X time, and you will be able to do family/ linked groups in the one purchase, and 3) if you don't get a better option you will still be able to retain your existing seat, and 4) if you do that, here's how priority will be given to you for future Old Firm games, and 5) As and when more seats become available, here's how your situation will be handled.

My brother 4 tickets with his kids and all he could get is row A in BF1. Decent seats to absolutely shit seats. He’s not chuffed.
4 together was always going to be a tough one - though I did see someone early doors (just after 1200hrs) get 5 together incredibly. Did he get on early doors or was it a case of taking what was left?

I'm similar, we've got 4 seats together - only row A and B of BF1 could.house us all together so haven't moved.

If the singing section is being moved, do we think there will be more seats available in the summer? Otherwise I'll just need to take my chances in the OF ballot.

Credit where credits due to the club.

Not an ideal situation for supporters, but they/we have pretty much dealt with it without too much fuss I think.

The amount of available seats available to BF4/5 seat movers was unreal tbf.

Whoever gets my seat in BF4 next season, it's a decent bunch round about, enjoy it!

b3dacc74177b2c08bf9b43a2b6826a5e.jpg

Managed to get CD5 row F can anyone confirm if it is roughly where I've marked with red?

Last edited:
Some of those 2500 hospitality packages included standard seating in the likes of the broomloan…
There were no away fans and every season ticket holder was seated, what’s the problem? The clubs main revenue driver is the stadium. If you can sell a ticket for £45 or for £350 with a couple of hours in a marquee beforehand, obviously they’re going to take the latter option.

We should be just the other side of that then. Great view !!!
View from the Club Deck is great. Bit of a trek up there and the legroom is a bit restricted - but I think most areas of the stadium are ‘tighter’ these days.

That’s a prime seat you have there near the halfway line. Expensive but good.

There were no away fans and every season ticket holder was seated, what’s the problem? The clubs main revenue driver is the stadium. If you can sell a ticket for £45 or for £350 with a couple of hours in a marquee beforehand, obviously they’re going to take the latter option.
The issue is, IMO, the mockery of MyGers , the club are having it both ways, selling off site hospitality tickets that many thought were going to MyGers members , who paid their £ at the start of the season for "priority" ticket sales

Last edited:
The issue is, IMO, the mockery of MyGers , the club are having it bothe ways, selling off site hospitality tickets that many though were going to MyGers members , who paid their £ at the start of the season for "priority" ticket sales
That was my gripe on the lead up to the old firm game. Its absolutely shocking how supporters are being treated

Because next season they’ll prioritise the offsite hospitality ahead of a mygers sale and rsc allocation

Because next season they’ll prioritise the offsite hospitality ahead of a mygers sale and rsc allocation
Mygers memebers will have next to no chance of an old firm ticket next season and as most games go to public sale, having mygers is just about pointless unless you are on high points waiting on a season ticket.

My son is on over 200 points and I don’t think I’ll bother buying him mygers next season as he won’t make the cut for a ST. Ill just chip away buying on a game by game basis.

Mygers memebers will have next to no chance of an old firm ticket next season and as most games go to public sale, having mygers is just about pointless unless you are on high points waiting on a season ticket.

My son is on over 200 points and I don’t think I’ll bother buying him mygers next season as he won’t make the cut for a ST. Ill just chip away buying on a game by game basis.
Easy enough getting tickets for all games apart from Celtic and champions league. You’d likely need the mygers account so he gets the points but frustrating that you know there’ll be some tickets available for Celtic but they’ll be directed to hospitality/club use

Which is totally wrong.

Next seasons old firms priority should be the fans who have decided to remain in the affected areas and ensure they are sorted. Then a split of mygers and RSC sales.

There will still be a limited number of tickets left after renewal dates have shut so will be interesting if they will be set aside and offered to new season ticket holders, hospitality, or sold on a game to game basis.

Easy enough getting tickets for all games apart from Celtic and champions league. You’d likely need the mygers account so he gets the points but frustrating that you know there’ll be some tickets available for Celtic but they’ll be directed to hospitality/club use
Still accrue points wether he has mygers or not.

Back