Might not win it this year but it’s coming

YOGI_GER

If truth be told, we were always a game away from what happened today.

For me it’s all over, was always going to be a struggle. I didn’t think we would get a result at piggery but to do what we done was exceptional, truly believe we will kick on next year.

Only main nag is starting lines ups, just don’t know what’s going on there and said it for weeks.

For me it’s all over, was always going to be a struggle. I didn’t think we would get a result at piggery but to do what we done was exceptional, truly believe we will kick on next year.

Only main nag is starting lines ups, just don’t know what’s going on there and said it for weeks.
You might be right and it is over but you can't be conceding title's this early and close. Anything can happen.

Bit of a cliche but whatever happens in the next few weeks we have a big summer ahead which will be dictated by funds available as always.

There’s a few faces that are badly needing moved on

To kick on next season we require a hardline clear out of the current serial losers at the club.

With the best will in the world I can’t see this being achieved in a single season.

We say that every year.

And this year isn't over.

We say that every year
Exactly
The tims will have a £30m head start, we will sign some low EPL /championship jobber and circle jerk when all the podders rave about him and bring in a fan rep from the club he’s coming from……shit the bed sack the manager rinse and repeat
But atleast we’ll have away fans for old firm games next year for atmosphere and bantz :rolleyes:

The players who perpetually let us down need to go or they will get Clement sacked. The squad rotation looks to me like he’s over managing recovery from injury in a lot of the players. I expected Lawrence to start today and I wonder if his injuries are still in the managers mind along with other players, they should be good to go to be honest, I know at the same time Sima played the game and only just back. He’s not a player we can’t not start when he’s fit.

What are you basing the belief we will kick on next season on?

We need another total squad overhaul and the long term players are the ones that need to go now.

The chances of having the funds to get rid of them in one window without guaranteed CL money is slim, but the reality is we need 6 first team starters as a minimum and we can't have the standard of dessers, lammers and Cifuentes again.

I have faith in this management team, but without a shitload of cash, I can't see how we get out this repetition of collapse in one summer window.

The players who perpetually let us down need to go or they will get Clement sacked. The squad rotation looks to me like he’s over managing recovery from injury in a lot of the players. I expected Lawrence to start today and I wonder if his injuries are still in the managers mind along with other players, they should be good to go to be honest, I know at the same time Sima played the game and only just back. He’s not a player we can’t not start when he’s fit.

Keep hearing this about players,

Name them

Lawrence was abysmal against Celtic

My worry is if they keep getting this CL money and we aren’t getting big cash from Europe then they will improve and we won’t have as good a budget for players
It actually amazes me how shit they are despite the money they have. It"s flabbergasting we're still within touching distance of them to be fair. We should be investing as much as we can in scouting fertile grounds such as Scandinavia to build a team that can dominant this league for the next decade.

What are you basing the belief we will kick on next season on?

We need another total squad overhaul and the long term players are the ones that need to go now.

The chances of having the funds to get rid of them in one window without guaranteed CL money is slim, but the reality is we need 6 first team starters as a minimum and we can't have the standard of dessers, lammers and Cifuentes again.

I have faith in this management team, but without a shitload of cash, I can't see how we get out this repetition of collapse in one summer window.

Because we have a manager who has lost twice in SPFL since he came here.

That’s why

My worry is if they keep getting this CL money and we aren’t getting big cash from Europe then they will improve and we won’t have as good a budget for players
Keep hearing this all the time,they don't go out and spend mega money ,posters on here were telling us last summer and January how they are going to be spending 15 million on one player etc never happening.

Honestly, desperately trying to find a way I can agree with you but with the amount of money that they are going to receive now along with what little we will have to spend, they could potentially leave us in their wake for years to come with that money. The players have raised their game over the past few months but they only had a single digit number of games to see out and win and it looks like they have just turned up today thinking they had already won. I’m appreciative of the buzz we’ve had the past few months, just gutted the application want there today when we and especially the players know that there is no margin for error dropping points to a bottom of the table team.

It’s going to be much harder to win the league next season than this one to be honest for a number of reasons.

Firstly our income from Europe and player sales will be reduced pretty considerably on the previous two seasons meaning less to spend in the summer.

I also can’t see that mob being as bad as they were this season next year. They’ve lost four times to Kilmarnock and Hearts this season and dropped points at home to St Johnstone and Motherwell.

Might not be palatable but we are up against it next season big time.

We had the best chance we’ve had for years and we totally shat the bed! We don’t have loads of money to spend and we have players on big contracts. We needed to win this league title and get the champions league money to give us a fighting chance. Sick of being let down bu the same losers, time after time.

Totally agree

Because we have a manager who has lost twice in SPFL since he came here.

That’s why
3 times.

As I've said, I have no issue with the management team this year and it is time we got rid of the perpetual loeers in the squad before we bin a competent manager. They have let him down massively recently as they have done to every other manager they've worked under. There is nothing to suggest they won't do the same next season.

Honestly, desperately trying to find a way I can agree with you but with the amount of money that they are going to receive now along with what little we will have to spend, they could potentially leave us in their wake for years to come with that money. The players have raised their game over the past few months but they only had a single digit number of games to see out and win and it looks like they have just turned up today thinking they had already won. I’m appreciative of the buzz we’ve had the past few months, just gutted the application want there today when we and especially the players know that there is no margin for error dropping points to a bottom of the table team.
Them getting getting Rodgers back in was an unbelievable stroke of luck for us given the events of 2012. If they hadn't seen so miserable with funds they might have got someone half decent with a vision who would be able to ensure they dominated this league for the next decade. The fact we're still within touching distance due to their greed and incompetence is a blessing

Exactly
The tims will have a £30m head start, we will sign some low EPL /championship jobber and circle jerk when all the podders rave about him and bring in a fan rep from the club he’s coming from……shit the bed sack the manager rinse and repeat
But atleast we’ll have away fans for old firm games next year for atmosphere and bantz :rolleyes:
Agree on the cash, they already have an ahead start. Too many say don’t worry about them but you have to look at their potential budget. If they get UCL money, a biggish fee for O’Riley and also a good % probably for Frimprong leaving Leverkusen then we are really up against it. I hope I’m just down with today but we have an uphill challenge more than we have for past 3-4 seasons.

What makes you think it's coming?. The Tims currently have better players than us, players that they can sell for big money and also plenty of money in the bank. They have shipped an 8 point lead and it looks like we have bottled it again, so they win yet another league title and get champions league entry. They will strengthen in the summer and we will be scratching about for bargains and free's. Genuinely, what is it that makes you think it's coming?

We wont have a better chance of winning.
They are going to spend massively in the summer with the 50 million they are going to bank if they win the league

The financial advantage Celtic will gain this year from CL entry probably means we aren’t winning it again for a while.

Would love to know where we will get money from to bring in at least 6 certain starters and who will take the dross away from us
According to the accounts we spent £21m last summer. I keep saying it and don't like doing so, but when the Aussie/Greek greaseball arrived at the piggery he built a new squad for just over £20m and won the title.

It can be done on our budget with the right recruitment. But the recruitment side has been a big part of our issue.

The OP is right because you need to take encouragement from where Clement has managed to get this squad to. He can 100% win us the title but he needs backing to improve the squad. Complete rebuild of the defence as a bare minimum.

Last edited:
Agree on the cash, they already have an ahead start. Too many say don’t worry about them but you have to look at their potential budget. If they get UCL money, a biggish fee for O’Riley and also a good % probably for Frimprong leaving Leverkusen then we are really up against it. I hope I’m just down with today but we have an uphill challenge more than we have for past 3-4 seasons.
Genuinely feel they win the league this season they’ll be set for the next 5-6 years even the fact they admitted they should have spent more on quality is ominous for us, we’re making legends out of fucking Greig Taylor, Liam Scales and Anthony Ralston!!

Back