Lawrence and Dowell Not Good Enough!

Can’t remember if it was the 2nd or 3rd goal but I was screaming at the TV for Lawrence to get goal side of his man.

Lundstram not tracking his man effectively on countless occasions also and our midfield/Barisic allowing Ross County players to bring high balls down uncontested while we focus on trying to fall back into some form of shape all contributed to a lifeless, weak willed performance the likes of an Aberdeen would put in.

I was very disappointed in Lawrence today -- instead of providing a spark in midfield, creating chances and making runs and loosing off worrisome shots, he did nothing.
tbh, I'd suggest he actually did even less than Dowell did.

At the time, I was genuinely hoping that Clement would have the stomach to put Lawrence on for Lundstram, but on reflection that might have made things a lot worse.
Although I'm not sure how much worse it would have got.

Lawrence is done. Guys legs are gone. I thought he was just being lazy in previous games but the more I've seen of him the more it becomes obvious the guy is finished at any sort of decent level.

Dowell seems like a different player than the one who was one of the few stand outs in pre season, he was firing into tackles all over the place and pressing everyone in the friendly games. Looked like he would be a good addition to the squad, got injured and since he's came back seems to have lost that side of his game.

Lawrence is one of the most over rated players of recent times in the eyes of the supporters.

Agreed. Thought he looked bright the first handful of games last season but he's never recovered from his injury issues (stop me if you've heard this one before) and right now he offers next to nothing to us.

Couple of decent games here and there (Benfica away, Killie away) but overall he's non-existent most of the time.

Agree with the above but these have contracts and who is going to buy them. In the end we lose money and just let them go free or worse pay up a contract. Same can be saisdof others like Dessers Raskin and Tav. I know some think Tav is great but any new club wants a defender and that is not him.

Never understood the Dowell signing all hype from his youth days and another stupid punt from the English Championship who's done %^*& all at every Club he's been with.
Therein lies the rub.

The 'club' sanctions these signings.

Don't forget the same 'moneymen' saw fit to allow Pedro Caixinha to blow a bundle on a Mexican that was well known to be a drunk.

Let that sink in.

Lawerence can be a great player for us but he's far to injury prone and takes an age getting back to full fitness before going down again. Cycle repeats itself.

Therein lies the rub.

The 'club' sanctions these signings.

Don't forget the same 'moneymen' saw fit to allow Pedro Caixinha to blow a bundle on a Mexican that was well known to be a drunk.

Let that sink in.
We were told for years about the process we did for finding players and making sure they had the right quality and could fit straight into the club but the collective punt strategy notably by Ross Wilson has left us in a terrible state.

Don't forget the hefty wages some of these players are on it's ridiculous the money we are wasting every year on a sub standard bloated squad.

What has Raskin done to be so far down the pecking order?
In truth, I think he was vastly over-rated by us, in the first place. Last summer, folks on here were telling us, he was 'a £30m player'. We don't half, like to blow our own trumpet, when it comes to evaluating our own players.

Never understood the Dowell signing all hype from his youth days and another stupid punt from the English Championship who's done %^*& all at every Club he's been with.
In fairness to him he's been really unfortunate with injury and only had a couple of full 90 mins for us. It is not his fault that he's now found himself uninjured and back in contention but not really anywhere near match fit. He really hasn't had a chance to prove if he's "another stupid punt" or another worthless Beale signing or not.

In truth, I think he was vastly over-rated by us, in the first place. Last summer, folks on here were telling us, he was 'a £30m player'. We don't half, like to blow our own trumpet, when it comes to evaluating our own players.
This place is bonkers for that mate, someone has 3 good games and they are worth £20m and if you say otherwise then it’s no wonder the Tim’s get big fees and we don’t because we comment in a forum.

Lawerence can be a great player for us but he's far to injury prone and takes an age getting back to full fitness before going down again. Cycle repeats itself.
He’s been fit for a few weeks now and bad hardly been great at all.

He doesn’t have very many attributes to his game. Maybe the injuries have taken their toll but he isn’t good enough for us.

Lawrence is a strange player.

Not particularly creative or intelligent but pops up with a goal now and then.

Never been that fussed by him.

Weak and lazy!
The number of times Lawrence in particular was trotting around like it was a kickabout in the local park was pathetic. Same in the OF game.
Dowell trotting back at celtc 3rd goal
Neither has Rangers class or fight required!
Far to pedestrian when the chips are down even to the 11th team in the league, not good enough for us.

I am not sure why Dowell is even getting game time.
Why did he start. Where is that justified from. We take an age to put players in normally but he's shoved straight in. We were crying out for some Sterling energy all day.

Both can be good players with the right balance in the team. We don't have that. Too many players getting on that aren't even trying and that is going to affect players that are or haven't quite settled back in. People saying that their Championship level down south. Well, that's a shit load higher than pretty much all of our league. Having players like Tav, Goldson, Barisic and Lundstram floating around without a care in the world is going to have a negative effect on everyone.

When Lawrence first arrived he looked a really decent addition and was one of our best players at time. His injury has fecked him and doesn’t look like he will get back to form he was on. Dowell is another who looks decent but was already known as injury prone and is now coming into business end of season probably lacking match fitness. What annoys me is that we keep going back to the English market when we could have picked some Scottish players to have been squad players for us. Or just promoted some youths . Would we be any worse off??

I got laughed at on here a week ago for saying Dowell was a bang average journeyman.

I'd only be looking down South for the very rare Bassey's than injury prone patchy form guys over 25 who will offer us nothing but financial drain.

Dowell I've got a bit more understanding for as he's hardly had a string of games, but Lawrence still doesn't look match fit he just looks off the pace. He is not good enough at all.

Club has a big job to do in the summer but one of the biggest is deciding what to do with all the number 10s and bringing in a good one.

Back