Lawrence and Dowell Not Good Enough!

Problem with the both of them is they will need a run of 10/15 games to get into a rythm and show us their best form.

They won't get that as they will either break down or not do enough to stay in team.

Both should probably be shipped out in summer as they can't be relied on to stay fit.

Never seen the hype with Lawrence pre or post injury, bang average.

Never saw the logic in signing Dowell, another injury prone player, who I felt was no better than what we already had, including Lawrence! Beale fucked us big time with recruitment.

They are both mid table championship standard, at best. The worrying thing is, most of our squad is of a similar standard, even our supposed top performers, Cantwell, Tavernier, Goldson and Lumdstram particularly.
That is the level of player we can afford, I’m afraid.

None of them are Clement’s players though, but he did say he doesn’t tend to get involved in transfers, which makes it sound like he prefers a DoF to make those calls allowing him to focus on coaching the players.

Sadly at the moment, he’s not making the best job of doing that either.

I think ability wise they probably are good enough, but they lack a decent attitude and show very little application.

Both players are similar.

Capable of passing only - no skill to take a player on.

We need better.

The are show ponies. Both of them want to go forward and do nothing defensively they trot back and don’t even track any runners. A midfield cannot carry players like that.

I like Lawrence but the last 2 games have been chronic. Dowell I don't see as being anywhere near good enough tbh.

Lawrence is a left attacking mid, almost his full career. Dowell is an attacking right mid, his full career. We are playing one as an 8 and one as an 8 and a 10 as we don't have the squad not to and we play with wingers. They are both good players and neither have played in their preferred/natural positions all season. Personally, I think both will move on this summer and we will get two, potentially 3 other natural midfielders in in their place.

I could see the relationship between the support and Cantwell being a poor one by the time he leaves.

He’s shown in his time with us why he never got a 30 million move in the EPL.

Our attitude was all wrong but that doesn't mean we ignore other aspects that our Manager must surely have witnessed throughout that game today & appeared to do nothing about.
Look at Baldwin, Harmon, Dhanda, Sims & Murray for Ross County that's 5 players alone that showed what having the right attitude is all about & they were better than all our players today simply because they had a professional attitude.
Clement came in & appeared to deal with Cantwell immediately when not following his instructions but appears to have softened his approach on that aspect of his management. Why?
Wednesday will show if Clement is prepared to make the tough decisions so let's see if he makes them.
For me he needs to pick what he knows to be his best starting 11 & stop tinkering ( we can't continue making 4 changes pwr game) & focusing on the midfield for starters & start controlling games again.
Something needs to change over the next 6 league games & it's down to Clement to decide what because if he sticks to what he is doing in terms of relying on players who are consistently letting us down & ignoring our midfield issues where we look as if we are all over the place & seems we have 2 against 3 or even 2 against 4 at times then nothing will change.

You can add Dowell and Lawrence to the long list of Championship/League 1 dross that have plagued the club along with Davies, Simpson, Worral etc.

Weak and lazy!
The number of times Lawrence in particular was trotting around like it was a kickabout in the local park was pathetic. Same in the OF game.
Dowell trotting back at celtc 3rd goal
Neither has Rangers class or fight required!
And you get Lundstrum chasing the ball every where it goes on the park like a 5 year old school boy.

Lawrence should be moved on in the summer.

Dowell jury still out he’s just came back from a long injury and shouldn’t be judged on today. He was starting to perform really well at the end of the year.

Lawrence has been blowing out his arse since he came back. I don't think he's even bothering to try and track runners now.

Dowell may have a few good games every 10 and then he's injured.

Can you recall a meaningful game he’s grabbed by the scruff of the neck and dictated play…?

I may have genuinely forgotten.

The point is we pay for excessive money for little in return.

He was pretty good last week when he came on tbf we get no point without him

Maybe im grasping at straws here

I'd add in Lundstram. Came good initially when PC came in but has regressed rapidly.
Stood and watched as the 2nd goal was scored and I'm sure he should have been tracking Murray for the 1st. Slow and cumbersome

Lawrence is one of the most over rated players of recent times in the eyes of the supporters.
Said this for a while. Offers nothing. Even when he scored the winner v Killie, he was terrible in that game.

He's one of these players that will give the ball away 7-10 times a game but occasionally might get an assist and so many of our fans fall over him.

Back