Let's get behind Dessers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentcooper

Dessers is our best bet up front for the rest of the season, we need to back him. Forget whether he's good enough to be our main striker next season, right now he's our number 9.

He WILL be shite at times, he WILL miss sitters, he WILL have poor games, but he is ALL we've got right now - forget Roofe, he's done. Dessers will score goals in the run-in and if we get behind him maybe he'll score even more.

Dessers is our best bet up front for the rest of the season, we need to back him. Forget whether he's good enough to be our main striker next season, right now he's our number 9.

He WILL be shite at times, he WILL miss sitters, he WILL have poor games, but he is ALL we've got right now - forget Roofe, he's done. Dessers will score goals in the run-in and if we get behind him maybe he'll score even more.
Absolutely back him. He has scored 19 goals for us this season which is more than Morelos did in each of his last 3 seasons.

Today doesn’t change anything with
Dessers imo.

Thinking about the matches against the filth, or in Europe, or against a mega low block, where we absolutely need to take our chances. Can we really on him? I don’t think so, and I think today reinforced that.

A decent gers #9 has at least a hat trick today.

Agreed.

Today doesn’t change anything with
Dessers imo.

Thinking about the matches against the filth, or in Europe, or against a mega low block, where we absolutely need to take our chances. Can we really on him? I don’t think so, and I think today reinforced that.

A decent gers #9 has at least a hat trick today.
Feel like this gets trotted out by people purely because other people say it.

He didn’t miss any particularly glaring opportunities today, I’m going to watch football later with better strikers than Dessers who I guarantee you will miss a couple of chances.

What is a decent number Rangers number 9?

Every striker I can recall for Rangers misses more than they scored, except Boyd who was an absolute freak when it came to finishing.

Gets horrifically judged by people at times. It’s like he’s not allowed to do anything wrong or he’s suddenly not good enough.
It’s so weird, with all the football available these days you’d imagine people can turn over to much better teams, with much better players, who make the same mistakes our players do.

He gets in position to get goals. Nobody on our team can do it better. He is less clinical than some of our other players but he'll make 7 chances for every one they do.

He gets in position to get goals. Nobody on our team can do it better. He is less clinical than some of our other players but he'll make 7 chances for every one they do.
I kinda agree with this. We haven’t had many forwards that create this many chances for a while and clearly bothers opposition backlines. Compare his performance to shaklands on the other side of the pitch and I know who I would pick in my team each week.

He misses chances but so does every striker in the world. Look at haaland for example or Nunez at Liverpool.

Well there goes he doesn’t score big goals in the big games he should have had hat trick but he’s not the first Rangers striker to miss loads bt does score

You are correct.

There’s some Rangers fans desperate for Dessers to fail for some reason.

He has his moments, but he’s not the answer long term as our starting striker.

It’s a bizarre thing to say given he scored our goals but I thought he was awful today! He genuinely seems to hide from the ball. Most of his challenges are so half hearted. Still we’re in the final so fair play.

Totally agree.
Roofe is finished & should be let go.
Hes only running his contract down.
Also Dessers is a likeable guy whereas Roofe comes across as a bit of a dick tbh.
Good from PC dropping Goldson today, hope the players get out their comfort zone for the run in.

No doubt about it, as you say back him

There’s some Rangers fans desperate for Dessers to fail for some reason.

He has his moments, but he’s not the answer long term as our starting striker.
"There’s some Rangers fans desperate for Dessers to fail for some reason".

That's nonsense. He's a very likeable guy but, as has been said many times, he's too unreliable.

There no Gers fan who wouldn't be delighted if he fired us to the title. But the evidence in terms of his performances/chance conversion suggest that won't be the case.

Dessers must know what many Rangers fans think of him, and yet he carries on, puts in a shift, and scores a decent number of goals. Wonder how much better he’d be if he knew he had the backing of all Rangers fans.

We are behind him…we just need better next season

"There’s some Rangers fans desperate for Dessers to fail for some reason".

That's nonsense. He's a very likeable guy but, as has been said many times, he's too unreliable.

There no Gers fan who wouldn't be delighted if he fired us to the title. But the evidence in terms of his performances/chance conversion suggest that won't be the case.
he is terrble.make no mistake about it..ffs we win a game and forget about the previous games

A lot of people hate the modern XG metric but his goal return against his XG is actually pretty close. The way people talk about him is like he misses easy chances every game.
the greatest lot of shite i have ever heard xg goals etc....football not played on paper

You can’t fault his work rate and he never hides. Held up ball well today and distribution better. Will do his confidence good for the run in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back