"We're the best team in the league" - Cyriel Dessers Gets the Battle Fever On

robbo89

Double goalscorer Cyriel Dessers says Rangers are the best team in the league, as long as they can find their rhythm again.
"I'm really happy with the goals. That was a beautiful day to do that in front our fans at Hampden, that was special.
"Today I could have played better. When you score two goals in a semi-final, you have to be happy with that, but we want more.
"We have six more games and everything to play for. It's a new league starting next weekend and we know what we have to do to win the title. Hopefully we can execute that on the pitch.
"The pressure is rising after the week we had. To do it in the big moments today against a good team, I think we be happy with the performance and result. We can look with confidence to the next games.
"I want more goals, I want more wins, and hopefully, more trophies as well.
"If you look at the last months, we showed what we're capable of. It's just the thing to find this vibe back. If we can find that rhythm back, I think we're the best team in the league."

Absolutely loving the big man's fighting talk after a lot of negativity just recently.

In the immortal words of Big Jock - "I fancy us really strongly. We've got the battle fever on, I fancy Rangers to win the day."

Confidence is everything so I'm happy to see a bit of swagger about the team again as we head into this all-important run-in.

Absolutely loving the big man's fighting talk after a lot of negativity just recently.

In the immortal words of Big Jock - "I fancy us really strongly. We've got the battle fever on, I fancy Rangers to win the day."

Confidence is everything so I'm happy to see a bit of swagger about the team again as we head into this all-important run-in.
Unfortunately he has 2 left feet

I expected this, “we are this”, “we are that”, a team of world beaters after defeating a decent hearts side who let us run the midfield.

The best team in the league - wins the league. Albeit the officials have done their part in ensuring we can’t, we haven’t exactly helped ourselves since February.

Love the enthusiasm CD9
I said to my mate after the game that I'm not going to say anything negative about the big man until tomorrow after a win and I'm sticking to it!

I like his positivity but we heard it all in the 90s- "this is our year" from McStay and Grant while we hoovered up a million trophies.

Confidence is great but that will be deliberately misquoted over the next few weeks by the mhedia.

Naïve.

Do your talking on the pitch.

The best team over the course of a season wins the league.

Finish second as we are and it’s just nonsense.

Surprise, surprise, a whole bunch of posters reading what they want to read and criticising based on current position and recent form without reading or understanding what he actually said in full.
'If we can find that rhythm back (pre Motherwell), I think we're the best team in the league'.

I don't think it's remotely controversial given the points swing and the form table from when Clement came in until that point. He isn't saying we've suddenly got our mojo back and are the best team in the league again based on todays result, he's saying if we get the level of consistency back that saw us win 11 in a row prior to the mini collapse then it would be difficult to argue that we weren't.

Dessers comments will have been encouraged by Clement imo.

After Sterling said "we've been shit," Clement said:

"It's words of a player who is disappointed because we lost points, who maybe lacks a little bit of experience in that way. If I see Virgil van Dijk giving a press interview yesterday after the game it is totally different and that's the way it should be. Those are things for young players to learn and become better in that it is more talking out of the frustration."

After that situation, the post-match comments today were always going to be carefully directed.

And what do we see instead? A senior player on the interviews projecting pure confidence and speaking with a much more bolshy tone.

Clement continuing to talk about how we have "the best defence in the league" and other remarks like that.

Big PC knows that if you want to be champions you have to act and talk like it.

The trouble with comments like this - however innocuous they are - is in Scotland they create a whole circus.

We’re going to have a week of it being referenced in Clyde phone ins and Chris Sutton/John Hartson grabbing the headlines with the word “disrespectful” thrown in as much as they can.

It’s just an added layer of shite you can’t be arsed with

I know what he's trying to do, but honestly I wish we'd abstain from the pantomime rubbish. Just do the business on the park and then noone can question if you're the best or not.

Get everyone telt big man and let’s hope this confidence rubs off on the rest of his team mates.

A lot of the players played well today who have had fair and justified criticism the last week.

It’s now or never from here on in for two trophies. Fvcking bring it on!

Just enjoy your goals and the win Cyriel and stop talking absolute pish.

An absolute embarrassment that statement.

Celtic players constantly make comments like that regardless of league position , breeds a positivity and a need to back up comments, only rangers want the players to downplay their ability. Maybe this full one game at a time mentality needs to change to a cocky belief from day one

He’s an idiot if he said that. Only serves to fire up the opposition free of charge. Dae yer talkin’ on the park mate, and only there.

I don't mind the confidence but saying we know what we have to do to win the title is daft.

You knew what you had to do to win the title right up until the Dundee game. Now they need to win every game and hope Celtic drop points elsewhere.

Should be told to clamp his mouth until we actually do something against the tims

He scored 2 goals today, sponsors man of the match , he’s still fucking garbage, Mile slow and has cost us the league with his constant need for 10 chances for every goal

In saying that , I hope he scores 2 in the final , such is the contradictory nature of football / the way the fixtures work out

But under no circumstances should he be at Ibrox next season

Wish our players would shut up man, cup final should be the bare minimum not enough to turn us back into world beaters.

Big difference between being confident in the dressing room and deluded in the press.

Not want to be the negative one, but, talk is cheap.
Do the business on the pitch and then we can feel a lot better.

The trouble with comments like this - however innocuous they are - is in Scotland they create a whole circus.

We’re going to have a week of it being referenced in Clyde phone ins and Chris Sutton/John Hartson grabbing the headlines with the word “disrespectful” thrown in as much as they can.

It’s just an added layer of shite you can’t be arsed with

The Hibs manager said it a few weeks ago when we were on form. 2 bad results later shouldn't change things too much.

Should be told to clamp his mouth until we actually do something against the tims

He scored 2 goals today, sponsors man of the match , he’s still fucking garbage, Mile slow and has cost us the league with his constant need for 10 chances for every goal

In saying that , I hope he scores 2 in the final , such is the contradictory nature of football / the way the fixtures work out

But under no circumstances should he be at Ibrox next season
The Logan Roy Experience can “%^*& Off”, big man done his job today and is up for the fight

Five games to prove it then otherwise we're not.

Back