Match Thread Rangers v Hearts - 15:00 Sunday - Premier Sports

- desire from the off
- Butland as usual, outstanding
- Tav much better defesnively
- Balogun outstanding and needs to stay in for the duration
- Huge credit to Dessers, match winner and if he keeps the shooting boots on til the cup final we will push all the way
- Cantwell brilliant, keeps that level of creativity and drive up he will add a good few numbers to his tally for G/A
- Overall delighted and we aim for at least a double now. Reset and treat it as a small season where every win matters

Just as a side note, Celtic consistently drop points in the split fixtures and have done since 17/18 season. This is not over yet.

17/18: 8 points dropped

18/19: 5 points dropped

19/20: no split

20/21: 7 points dropped

21/22: 4 points dropped

22/23: 7 points dropped
I'd caution: how many of Celtic's post-split points dropped were after the league was done?

Could have swore he questioned why Cantwell was rolling about then bouncing up for.

Did he bounce up too quick?

He's as thick and pathetic as Sutton.

People trying to get a job in that game must be scunnered.
Idiot

Could have swore he questioned why Cantwell was rolling about then bouncing up for.

Did he bounce up too quick?

He's as thick and pathetic as Sutton.

People trying to get a job in that game must be scunnered.
Thought he toned down the anti Rangers stuff possibly because he had Ally beside him who is clearly a more senior broadcaster who would call him out without hesitation
It still slipped out at times and I did enjoy his 2 minute slagging of Dessers just before he scored his first which was clearly very embarrassing for him
Think Ally was trolling him giving Dessers man of the match

Good result today although it got a wee bit messy in the 1st half after we scored.I thought the team were comfortable and probably should’ve scored more but happy to take it and look forward to the remaining 6 cup finals.
Between Sterling and Balgoun for my MOTM.

We got the job done and showed a bit of fight, some good parts some poor parts.
When we play forward with quick passing we look better but still tend to want to slow it down a bit too much.
Thought Cantwell, Diamonds and Balogun played well. Wee McCausland showed good effort when he came on.

Well, credit it when it is due.

The players have got it tight on here over the last month but today was more like it. Don't get me wrong, there were still a couple of defensive fcuk ups that needed Butland to bail us out.

However, by and large, the defence stuck to its task.

Cantwell was my motm. (As if anyone gives a toss) His vision gave us both goals.

Bloody injuries, being the blot on the landscape once again.

Well, at least that stopped the rot of the last few games. The defence looked much more solid with Balogun in for Goldson. And we looked better up front with Cantwell prompting effectively from midfield. Signs of hope for the last few weeks of the season.

Couple of lapses in concentration but good performance overall, into the final and that’s what we asked before the game.
Big push for the final few weeks of the season

Well done, Rangers.
Injuries are brutal though. Sima seem to be hamstring and Matondo had an ice pack on right away.

MOTM Big Leon.
Given the bombscare we’ve been at the back it shows that Goldson has been massively out of form.
It’s hindsight now of course but if only he’d played against Ross County.

Hugh on SSB saying Hearts should be embarrassed today
I’ve no love of Hearts but you’ve got to feel for them there. Imagine Hugh telling you you should be embarrassed.

Did he have anything to say about the first aid kit his team received yesterday disguised as an officiating crew ?

Seen a few folk jump the barrier from North Stand into West. Obviously wee guys wanting to go in with union bears, eh fùck that.

One guy though probably pissed out his brain made the most ridiculous effort and for want of a better term went on his cùnt.

Phone and coins scattered everywhere but he just ran up stairs.

If anyone sees this and knows who might be think the lassie where he jumped has his phone.

Remembered this post from earlier and my Mrs just came in from game and told me exact story, she was one who picked up his phone and he got it back.

Seen a few folk jump the barrier from North Stand into West. Obviously wee guys wanting to go in with union bears, eh fùck that.

One guy though probably pissed out his brain made the most ridiculous effort and for want of a better term went on his cùnt.

Phone and coins scattered everywhere but he just ran up stairs.

If anyone sees this and knows who might be think the lassie where he jumped has his phone.
He came back and got his phone from the steward. Think he was too pissed to notice he dropped everything.

Cantwell was our Man of the Match IMO. No problem picking Steven McLean as Hearts. At least we won't have him in the final. Because it is the scum. They will bring out the big guns. I would say Clancy is already looking out his I hate Rangers rulebook. You could pick any of the most rabid from the Green Brigade for the others. We had a taster today. Clancy was 4th, Dougie Potter on one line along with Collum and Sean Carr on VAR.

Hearts will score first. Probably early on. We'll pass sideways and punt long balls for the next hour then tav will score a free kick to take us in to extra time.
I think your crystal ball needs to be recalibrated. It could hardly have been more wrong, Mr Negative.
Well done Rangers, another cup final to look forward to Let’s hope it’s to clinch the treble.

Last edited:
He came back and got his phone from the steward. Think he was too pissed to notice he dropped everything.
Yeah was a ridiculous effort at going over. Seen a few others doing it obviously having not taken the same drink and made it look easy.

Been there myself in my younger days though so glad all's well that ends well.

ÀBetter service to Dessers would have produced more goals I think. Nice one Cyriel.
You sure about that?

He seems to do better with worse service.

What Dessers needs is to be fed by the crossing of Robert Prytz, the first touch lay-offs of Gordon Durie, headed knockdowns from Davie Cooper, the energetic attacking wing-back runs of Olivier Bernard, and the defence-splitting passes of Ian Black. And long-throws from a guy with no arms.

Dessers would need to get the ball, penned in and facing his own corner flag, and take it from there.

400 goals by the end of October with that set-up.

But if it was Cooper on one wing, Laudrup on the other, knockdowns from Hateley, and midfield support from Gazza, RdB and Albertz?

He'd get one all season. Against Inverurie Locos in the Cup. In off his arse after it hit the post.

I like something about the guy, he's definitely not without charm, but he's nowhere near a class act. Sort of player who gets a cult following, and I like those players. I was a bigger fan of Tony Vidmar than the poster @Vidmar !

You could call Dessers a guilty pleasure. A bit like a Garry Bushell Oi! compilation LP!

Shankland didn’t have a good game today but I noticed how he gave his team mates both pelters and encouragement throughout the match. I like to see that in a captain and we don’t see enough of it for my liking from Tav.

Butland

Tav
Balogun
Souttar
Yilmaz

Sterling
Diomande

MacCausland
Cantwell
Matondo

Sima
Can you imagine McCausland and Matondo on the park at the same time?
No thanks. It would be tragic. They were both very ineffectual today, and amateurish at times in their decision making.

Did anyone spot the celtic fan driving through the Bears after right after the game ( Cathcart Road)

Not sure what kind of reaction he was expecting

Tightness in his hamstring. Being assessed tomorrow.

Matondo sub was tatactical.
Tactical.....yip as In rubbish.speed merchant who, scum goal aside constantly loses the ball and sometimes in very bad places.i wouldn,t care if he never pulled on our shirt sgain.waste of a Jersey.

I love this and I'm happy to take any stat for confidence but does this not overlook the fact that they had the title wrapped up early in most of these seasons and were playing the likes of Mikey Johnston for shits and giggles?

Of course! But they do drop points post-split, so we'll see if a tighter race impacts that

Squeaky bums at the piggery again.

Plenty of the usual ONE-SIDED Scottish Rogue embarrassing moments on VAR yet again yesterday

BUT we won without giving wee Wullie on VAR a snifter to look at again - Clements understanding of the Scottish game paying off???

If Silva is a £35m footballer then there's hope for me yet at 40 years old.

Dessers, Butland, Balogun & Cantwell good. The rest average but enough for job to be done.

Goldson stays out please. Lundstram dropped next match too.
Lundstrom passing was not very good.
Plus points, he is available to anyone wanting rid, every throw in it’s him running to the thrower.
Gives the ball away but maybe no more than others.

Full backing of the team for the final few games no matter what.Nothing to gain by getting on their backs,plenty of time for who goes and who stays come June,July.Anything we can do as a support to help with confidence and momentum must be done.
Big Phil has performed miracles from where we were in October, he alone deserves the synergy to continue and drive the team on.

You sure about that?

He seems to do better with worse service.

What Dessers needs is to be fed by the crossing of Robert Prytz, the first touch lay-offs of Gordon Durie, headed knockdowns from Davie Cooper, the energetic attacking wing-back runs of Olivier Bernard, and the defence-splitting passes of Ian Black. And long-throws from a guy with no arms.

Dessers would need to get the ball, penned in and facing his own corner flag, and take it from there.

400 goals by the end of October with that set-up.

But if it was Cooper on one wing, Laudrup on the other, knockdowns from Hateley, and midfield support from Gazza, RdB and Albertz?

He'd get one all season. Against Inverurie Locos in the Cup. In off his arse after it hit the post.

I like something about the guy, he's definitely not without charm, but he's nowhere near a class act. Sort of player who gets a cult following, and I like those players. I was a bigger fan of Tony Vidmar than the poster @Vidmar !

You could call Dessers a guilty pleasure. A bit like a Garry Bushell Oi! compilation LP!

When I saw Garry, I thought oh no, surely the wee man isn't going to follow up with Barlow?

Phew.

When I saw Garry, I thought oh no, surely the wee man isn't going to follow up with Barlow?

Phew.
Speaking of old references.

Dedication's what ya need.

So sang Roy Castle. Not Rocastle. He's the Aberdeen player who died young.

And I'm dedicated to mental levels.

Fell last night, wrist in agony, thinking hospital.

Wanted to see game.

Ambulance on way now.

Speaking of old references.

Dedication's what ya need.

So sang Roy Castle. Not Rocastle. He's the Aberdeen player who died young.

And I'm dedicated to mental levels.

Fell last night, wrist in agony, thinking hospital.

Wanted to see game.

Ambulance on way now.

Get well soon. I'm sure GS will supply the flowers.

Ta.

And when I said young, I meant that guy's age.

Not Paul Young.

He was either the guy who did that awful song about "TOAST!", or the wee guy who brought us the mind-numbing abomination that was televised fishing.

To be fair to the fishing guy, I'm pretty sure he was a bluenose.

Shankland has impacted the game.
Missing the goal from good positions

Physically dominated by Balogun

Big impact for a striker in a 2 0 loss for his team

Good to see a few put back in their box for the weekend. Remember their Rangers fans, not Hearts forward who did shit all against Rangers all season fans

Shankland didn’t have a good game today but I noticed how he gave his team mates both pelters and encouragement throughout the match. I like to see that in a captain and we don’t see enough of it for my liking from Tav.
Would you say his pelters and encouragement had a positive impact on Hearts' performance ?
Or does that not matter?

Back