"We're the best team in the league" - Cyriel Dessers Gets the Battle Fever On

Not got a crystal ball, but I do have eyes

I was there today too. Was there one Wednesday too. Makes no fucking odds.
Well, unless your eyes see into the future then my point still stands. And, if you were there and sang the song, its strange to then immediately come on here and do the exact opposite i think.

I believe we will win the league. If you have chucked it or don’t then thats totally your perogative mate. I just dont see how its possible to at this stage and to still want to attend the remaining 5 games personally.

time will tell who is right i guess

Well, unless your eyes see into the future then my point still stands. And, if you were there and sang the song, its strange to then immediately come on here and do the exact opposite i think.

I believe we will win the league. If you have chucked it or don’t then thats totally your perogative mate. I just dont see how its possible to at this stage and to still want to attend the remaining 5 games personally.

time will tell who is right i guess
It’s irrelevant if I have ‘chucked it’ or not. I don’t play for Rangers. Just a daft lady's front bottom that pays a fortune to follow.

We had them at home with a chance to hit them hard. We were behind after 20 seconds. We got level, and again shat it and wee behind 1 min later. Followed that up with taking 1 point from Ross fucking county and Dundee. How anyone can say they think we will win the title from here is astounding, but each to their own

You can still be a fan whilst accepting reality

It’s these kind of dumb soundbites that get dug back out after we turn up at Parkhead and get rolled over.

I don’t mind confidence, I don’t mind him thinking it, but do you really need to tell it to the press?

We aren’t the best team in the league no amount of papering over the cracks will change it we can’t beat Celtic when it matters
We'll find out soon enough as we're now at the business end of the season and if we can beat them in the last 2 games we'll very likely win the treble.

Not read full thread, tuned out after about a dozen, but I can't believe how many of our fans want to cry no surrender while doing the exact opposite. %^*& being in the trenches with some of you

Sorry but unless you have a crystal ball, you simply cant make that statement as anything other than pessimistic conjecture. Whether its backed up or not will not be known for the next few weeks.

I was at the game today and thousands sang ‘the cry was no surrender’. Why there are people doing that and then posting on here doing the exact opposite is beyond me.
Utter nonsense. So this Rangers team haven't shat the bed vs Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee and certainly first half vs the Bheasts, when we've had the chance to put our foot on the Bheasts throats?

Being a realist doesn't mean that you dont/wont back the team. Nor does it mean that you don't want Dessers to score goals.

He is spot on. We are the best team in Scotland by every conceivable metric

The players just need to regroup and get their mindset in the right place and we will show it again. 6 games left, 6 wins are possible. The treble is on.

I don't mind his confidence if that's what he feels. You absolutely don't say that given the position we are now in though.
At one time I would have agreed, but I would, right now, rather this team believed it was the best side than didn't. One thing about Dessers, even initially in his early days here, he doesn't appear to lack confidence; and, to be fair, he has backed that up at times with some important goals. Play to his strengths and weaknesses as we go into attack, and he may prove to be very useful in the remaining games.

Last edited:
Utter nonsense. So this Rangers team haven't shat the bed vs Motherwell, Ross County and Dundee and certainly first half vs the Bheasts, when we've had the chance to put our foot on the Bheasts throats?

Being a realist doesn't mean that you dont/wont back the team. Nor does it mean that you don't want Dessers to score goals.
We have dropped points in those games, if we win the title then no, we haven’t shat the bed. We have won the title while dropping points. As 99.9% of title winning teams do. Dont recall our 9iar team going unbeaten many seasons, do you? If we lose the league then absolutely, your point will have significant value. Until we do though, it cant. Lets wait and see.

It’s these kind of dumb soundbites that get dug back out after we turn up at Parkhead and get rolled over.

I don’t mind confidence, I don’t mind him thinking it, but do you really need to tell it to the press?
This all day long.

Hasnt he scored the same amount of goals in the league as O'Riley, you know, the guy the media tells us is worth £20m plus?

O’Riley is a midfielder and a far better player than Dessers. I don’t see your point at all.

In any case it’s not the goals he’s scored that’s the problem it’s the ones he’s missed.

If you want to make excuses for him and daft comparisons then that’s up to you. He’s never good enough for us.

He is spot on. We are the best team in Scotland by every conceivable metric

The players just need to regroup and get their mindset in the right place and we will show it again. 6 games left, 6 wins are possible. The treble is on.
Every conceivable metric except points, goals and old firm games?

I don't mind him showing a bit of confidence, but it's pretty clear he's going to get stick for it when we're sitting in 2nd place and have just failed yet again to beat that lot.

Hasnt he scored the same amount of goals in the league as O'Riley, you know, the guy the media tells us is worth £20m plus?
Wow. Another one quoting Dessers' 'numbers' and conveniently ignoring actual performances.

What a wild comparison.

You do realise that O Riley is a midfielder?

Tav has scored 4 more than both of them. How does that compare with your skewed comparison??

A stupid comment,after the games they served up for us when we needed them to keep up the momentum.
talk is cheap.

Oh here we go - the FF emo collective cry-wanking over another Rangers interview.

Go and enjoy the win - if you actually can, you screaming bolus of fairies.
"Wah... I'm fed up with the post match interviews - they're all so media trained and never actually say anything"

"Wah... Don't say anything cause ithe big bad pundits might laugh at us and say we're disrespectful."

I think some people just go out of their way to actively hate anything our players do.

Absolutely hate patter like this,considering the points we have lost.Yesterdsys performance was much improved,but.lets not kid ourself on,we all know the league is the one we really want.

"Wah... I'm fed up with the post match interviews - they're all so media trained and never actually say anything"

"Wah... Don't say anything cause ithe big bad pundits might laugh at us and say we're disrespectful."

I think some people just go out of their way to actively hate anything our players do.
Some make there minds up on certain players very quickly and nothing they do or say will make them change there minds.i do find it highly ironic how many on here parrot lines you hear from Sutton,hartson etc or the yahoo support.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen Tavs quote about mentality this last week used as a stick to beat him.

It seems we have a sizeable number in our support who just live for the anger.
I’m finding it very difficult not to be angry after those two league games. FFS we’ve handed them the league without them even kicking a ball.

We aren’t the best team in the league no amount of papering over the cracks will change it we can’t beat Celtic when it matters
In all competitions we've got the best record, we've won more games than the filth by a decent margin and we're just 3 points behind, having just had a massive dip in form and already have one trophy in the cabinet.

And he actually says if we get our rhythm back, we're the best team in the league, which I agree with. Not the clickbaity thread title that you've jumped in two footed on, without reading the actual quote.

Last edited:
I agree we are the best team in the League but that’s what hurts even more if we come 2nd in the league! roll up the sleeves and get the dirty work done now in the league, less talk

Some make there minds up on certain players very quickly and nothing they do or say will make them change there minds.i do find it highly ironic how many on here parrot lines you hear from Sutton,hartson etc or the yahoo support.
I've always found it strange how so many who absolutely don't buy, don't click, don't read the newspapers recite their pish word for word.

It's not even like it's an easy position to reach without intentionally taking things out of context with the aim of having a dig at Rangers or our players.

Wow. Another one quoting Dessers' 'numbers' and conveniently ignoring actual performances.

What a wild comparison.

You do realise that O Riley is a midfielder?

Tav has scored 4 more than both of them. How does that compare with your skewed comparison??

The numbers thing always comes up just after he’s scored. It generally fades after he misses a hat full of chances in the next game.

The brutal truth is that if we had brought in someone better than Dessers we would have this league wrapped up. That’s hard to take when we had a chance to rectify that mistake in January.

A comment that has and will be taken out of context. I’m paraphrasing but he said something along the lines of when we are fit and hit our form we are the best in the league, absolutely nothing wrong in what he said and he as well as the squad should be believing this. Let others blow it up as long as he and the rest get back to winning!

The beauty/frustration of this game is that I’m now convinced we will win the league!

We definitely suit being chasers more than leaders, and until that mentality changes we won’t be a consistent force.

The numbers thing always comes up just after he’s scored. It generally fades after he misses a hat full of chances in the next game.

The brutal truth is that if we had brought in someone better than Dessers we would have this league wrapped up. That’s hard to take when we had a chance to rectify that mistake in January.
It's not as simple as "we had a chance to sign a striker and didn't" - apart from anything else we had Dessers, Lammers, Roofe, Danilo, Sima, Matondo all on the books, all who are forwards to trade. Between Sima, Danilo, and Roofe, that's north of 20m worth of talent, who will be commanding wages commensurate with their value. We're not spending 4m+ on a "proven goalscorer" to come in and be happy on the bench when Danilo/Sima is fit.

Who was there available on loan?

It’s very tiresome when people cut and paste his words and use it against us. Even McCann on sportscene also neglected to offer the full quote.

Cyriel said NOTHING wrong.

"If we can find that rhythm back, I think we're the best team in the league."

And incidentally he’s right, on the very rare occasions that we have played to the right level we ARE the best team in the league it’s just we rarely manage it that’s why the numbers in the “L” column look so poor.

Let’s stop beating him up just point the bheasts to the full quote. No doubt radio clyde will pick that stick up and arseholes will be on the radio trying to sensationalise it all over again.

If we are the best in the league then we should win the remaining games versus Celtic and finish the season with a treble.

Go on then, Cyriel.

I’m finding it very difficult not to be angry after those two league games. FFS we’ve handed them the league without them even kicking a ball.
I'm as angry as anyone.

We've handed them the league if they're champions 5 games from now though.

They've won fùck all yet.

It’s very tiresome when people cut and paste his words and use it against us. Even McCann on sportscene also neglected to offer the full quote.

Cyriel said NOTHING wrong.

"If we can find that rhythm back, I think we're the best team in the league."

And incidentally he’s right, on the very rare occasions that we have played to the right level we ARE the best team in the league it’s just we rarely manage it that’s why the numbers in the “L” column look so poor.

Let’s stop beating him up just point the bheasts to the full quote. No doubt radio clyde will pick that stick up and arseholes will be on the radio trying to sensationalise it all over again.
Correct but, some are so intent on skewing his words for their own agendas it would seem.

8nlayc.jpg

Back